Let start this rape wagon.
1. What is your job descreption or title? - 0331 Infantry Machine gunner by MOS, promoted to SSGT then to 0369 Infantry Platoon Sergeant.
2. What are some of your duties? - Currently I am the assistants operations chief. Im a pot ***** that ensures guard platoons have the needed training, facilities and ability to properly train and coordinate all aspects of their assigned mission. I also track, maintain mountains of paper work through paper and web based systems. I also manage day to day activities for the battalion. End state the higher you move up the more you become a desk jockey. While its a nice break from the FMF I do miss training young men in the application of violence and war.
3. Please explain what a typical day is like in your occupation. I go in at 0700 and hope to god I can make it to 0900 without eating a flash bang. Though I do have a billet description its close to 2000 characters and I don't care to go on my OMPF.
4. How long have you been at this job? - Ive been in the Marine Corps since I was 16 when I joined the delayed entry program. I signed the papers at 17 and shipped a month after my 18th birthday. Currently Ive served for 10 years come August.
5. What job did you have before this? - I worked fast food. Like any worthless teenager does.
6. Why did you select this career? - Originally I was slated to be a tanker, once I got to MEPS I was told I was to tall and was slated as a 03XX open option. The recruiter told me it was close to tanks and Id love it. I had not a ****ing clue what I was getting into as a grunt. All I really cared about was being a Marine, killing **** and blowing everything to hell for the justice of the US of ****ing A.
7. Do you believe this career was a good choice for you? Why or not? **** yea I made the right choice. Ill never had to say I wish I was a grunt, or hear all the bull**** pansy ***** **** about well I was going to be a grunt but I love sucking admin cock and blahsobstoryblah. There are times that being a grunt is miserable and there are times its built me into who I needed to be. The infantry is not made for everyone. It more so is a life choice. A great grunt is the master of the battlefield, someone that can orchestrate death and destruction no where else in this world. Don't be a ***** and join for a college degree and to be a cook
8. What type of training or schooling did you need? All you need is to be smarter than a rock ... Seriously though most grunts have higher GT scores than other ****heads. Training you will go through boot then onward to SOI, the school of infantry where you learn everything to get yourself killed on your first patrol because your a green ****ing scared boot. Later on in your career if your not a worthless **** and show leadership you will get thrown into a leadership school to help build up your capabilities.
9. How did you get this job and was there an interview? What was that like? There are 12 cards, go talk to a recruiter of the spill.
10. What would you say employers are looking for in an employee? **** if I know Im not a manager at McDonalds.
11. What do you like most about this career? - Knowing that I am part of a long linage of Marines before me. Knowing that I did my time on the wall and gave blood, sweat and tears to this country. Of course shooting free ammo and blowing **** up is always a plus.
12. What do yuo like most about this career? - Repeat question, so Ill flip it. What I dislike about my job. The lack of commonsense. The overall level of morons I have to deal with. The true nature of a mouth breather being forced as my leadership.
13. Was there something about thsi career that you didn't expect? I had no expectations besides killing people when I came in. So I had no prejudgements.
14. What special skills are needed to be successful in this career? Mental tenacity, and intestinal fortitude.
15. How might one acquire these skills? - Be a ****ing man, understand your not a always going to be a badass and it takes times to learn and craft the skills needed. Learning never stops regardless of your position.
16. What days and hours do you work? 7-5 Mon-Friday ... Office hours.
17. Would you change anything, and if so what would it be? - God that list would take years to write.
18. What suggestiosn would you give someone like me who is interested in this career? - Its not for everyone, don't be a *****. You want to be a grunt, sack the **** up.
19. What are the prospective opporturtunities in this field? - Leadership, ownership of the nations fate. Nothing major.
20. What is the range of income one might expect in this career? Your not going to get rich in this gun club.