Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben supports Ninja Paintball
xluben's Azodin Marker Stand Review

I recently got one of these Azodin marker stands and figured I would put up a review and some photos. This forum section seems like it would be a good place because it's people who like to show of their gear. The stand comes in a surprisingly small box, but it has a solid feel and the protects the stand well in transit. Inside the box there is the base, the angled mount, the marker adapter, a screw for the mount and two set screws to hold the adapter into the mount. Graphical assembly instructions are on the back of the box.

The mount bolts onto the base with the included screw installed from below. You will need a metric allen key to tighten it down. Unfortunately the Eclipse allen key set does not work. Once that is done the marker adapter can slide in and out of the mount. It is a fairly tight fit, but this is good because it will hold the marker somewhat in place even without the set screws.

The marker adapter screws into any standard ASA so it should work with just about any current marker. Once that is screwed in you simply slide it into the mount and it holds the gun in place. Set screws should be used to prevent it from being bumped and causing the marker to rotate and fall. There is enough friction to hold it up in most cases but if someone touches it there is the chance that it could twist in the mount. The set screws will prevent this.

The marker stand holds the gun at a fixed angle of approx 45 from horizontal. This looks good, but it would be nice if this would be adjustable. But that would add complexity (and cost) to the fixture. Overall I think this stand looks and works great. It is much less intrusive than something like the PE stand (which uses a barrel mount). The plus side to the PE stand is that you don't need the set screws to prevent falls and the marker can be more easily removed. Both work well, but the Azodin is better looking in my opinion.

xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 07-29-2016, 10:41 AM #2
MadMan Paintball
miguelcont96 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
miguelcont96 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
miguelcont96 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
miguelcont96 supports Ninja Paintball
I want...
xluben your pictures look so amazingly clean... they almost don't look real. Great work
You WILL enjoy my youtube channel:
miguelcont96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:43 AM #3
 has been a member for 10 years
CrYoBuRn supports Shocker RSX
These stands are high quality and surprisingly hefty...

In the past, if asked Azodin tech Ed nicely, you could get the stands laser-engraved with your choice of wording for no extra charge (e.g. Freeflow)
CrYoBuRn is offline   Reply With Quote