Community Focus

Old 03-27-2014, 02:52 PM #1
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ

DjPLaTiNuMRcZ is playing at Living Legends VII
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GoG eXTCy Firing Leaks - Quick Fix

So I figured I'd share this information with anyone that has recently had a leak from inside the gun while firing. I could typically get it to shoot once every 6 cycles and thought for sure I had a leaky o-ring.

I thought for sure it was an o-ring in the bolt but I check them put it back together and seemed to be working fine. The next day I plugged in a tank and it was still hesitating to fire. Sounded like a quick leak every time I pulled the trigger.

I called GoG today just to get my gun registered but asked about this leak and the guy on the phone said to try a new Duracell battery first. He said we get a lot of new owners who call in about this "cycling leak" question while the gun is being fired. He said it 90% of the time is just a battery not giving the solenoid enough power to fully cycle which causes that quick leak sound.

Hopefully this helps someone and saves them replacing each o-ring to find the leak. I have yet to go home and verify but I'll post an update later.
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2014, 12:21 PM #2
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ

DjPLaTiNuMRcZ is playing at Living Legends VII
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Confirmed, this did fix my problem. Thank god for a new battery trick, would have pissed me off to run into this again after changing all the o-rings. Kindof sucks I will not make 8 full games with one 9v but maybe switching from Energizer to Duracell will get me there.
DjPLaTiNuMRcZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:05 PM #3
RogueShooter

This is pretty common knowledge around these parts, but it's still cool that you posted to try and help remind others. Glad you got your issue sorted! Another tip to help battery life is to use higher mAH batteries and never store the gun between days of play with the battery still plugged in.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote