Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 PM #43
Geaux Splat

Travis with Team Resistance is going to update the game format and prizes.
Geaux Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2012, 11:23 PM #44
Geaux Splat

By the way u will have enough time between each match for rest. This is. Laid back tournament.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 PM #45
Geaux Splat

Ok everyone. I was confused. I apologize for any misunderstanding. Here is what myself and Travis has come up with; each team will play each team at least twice. NO RACE!!! Double round robin format. So if there is 7 teams u will play at least 14 matches not counting the championship which will be based on points. Then there will be a championship round. If we have at least 7 teams will have 3 prize spots which will be the following; 9 cs of APX Fyre Advanced level Paint and 1st Trophy. First place will also get a shirt when they come in. 2nd place will be 6 cs of paint and trophy. 3rd place is 3 cs of paint and trophy. All prizes are per team. Come out, have some fun, and let's grow this sport together.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:29 PM #46
RabbitJR007

RabbitJR007 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
How many teams are signed up?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 PM #47
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Splat View Post
Ok everyone. I was confused. I apologize for any misunderstanding. Here is what myself and Travis has come up with; each team will play each team at least twice. NO RACE!!! Double round robin format. So if there is 7 teams u will play at least 14 matches not counting the championship which will be based on points. Then there will be a championship round. If we have at least 7 teams will have 3 prize spots which will be the following; 9 cs of APX Fyre Advanced level Paint and 1st Trophy. First place will also get a shirt when they come in. 2nd place will be 6 cs of paint and trophy. 3rd place is 3 cs of paint and trophy. All prizes are per team. Come out, have some fun, and let's grow this sport together.
You wouldnt play 14 games you would play 12 since you cant play yourself. If you have 7 teams playing 12 games each that a total of 84 games in 1 day. Thats alot of paintball even for a 3 man format.

You could also do 2 brackets with each team playing their bracket twice then take the top 2 teams from each bracket to a final.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 PM #48
rabbit007888
Malcolm

rabbit007888 plays in the PSP
rabbit007888 plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm counting 42 games plus finals, because it wouldn't be 12 times 7.
The formula is 12+10+8+6+4+2+0.
Because IF MCM Shortbus played 6 teams twice that's (12.)
We played team resistance in those 12 so now they would play 5 teams twice (10)
And so on with the remaining teams I don't know.

Last edited by rabbit007888 : 06-13-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added math formula... I ride the Shortbus so don't trust it!
rabbit007888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 PM #49
dragon6g
I shoot dead people

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit007888 View Post
I'm counting 42 games plus finals, because it wouldn't be 12 times 7.
The formula is 12+10+8+6+4+2+0.
Because IF MCM Shortbus played 6 teams twice that's (12.)
We played team resistance in those 12 so now they would play 5 teams twice (10)
And so on with the remaining teams I don't know.
What im tracking is this.
Double round robin if less then 7 teams.

So if we get 6 teams we will play 10 prelim games then knock out a top 3 finals.
take everything in my sig cheap ! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4189113
Check out our team website
http://www.wix.com/hellbringer120/Resistance
dragon6g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 AM #50
Geaux Splat

Right now there is 5 teams registered and paid. There should be a few more signing up though.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:09 AM #51
Geaux Splat

Guys here are some facts u need to be aware of, if you want tournaments offered by fields we have to support each other. If not, this sport you say you love is gonna go away here in Louisiana. As owner of a field we don't make it on tournaments. We make it on rentals and parties. So think about this when your field is trying to do a tournament. Also, tournaments are a head ache to plan. But we want to support the tournament scene. So if u say u want more tournaments then support all of them. Especially the ones near by. Good Luck to all the guys headed to Chicago next week. God Bless.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:13 PM #52
DoubleZero
Unmedicated again...

DoubleZero is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Guys here are some facts u need to be aware of, if you want tournaments offered by fields we have to support each other. If not, this sport you say you love is gonna go away here in Louisiana. As owner of a field we don't make it on tournaments. We make it on rentals and parties. So think about this when your field is trying to do a tournament. Also, tournaments are a head ache to plan. But we want to support the tournament scene. So if u say u want more tournaments then support all of them. Especially the ones near by. Good Luck to all the guys headed to Chicago next week. God Bless.
You are talking to a large number of people whom have spent the last decade supporting our local fields, teams, and tournaments. People who have owned, worked at, organized tournaments for, reffed at, and spent countless hours digging post holes, hanging netting, clearing brush, as well as anything else that has needed done at our local fields. This is not to mention the thousands upon thousands of dollars we have individually spent over the years at these very same fields practicing and playing tournaments.

I would suggest, in the most earnest and polite way I know how, that you merely answer the questions they have about your event, possibly listen to their input, and lose the self righteous attitude. I can tell you that I for one, will not support anybody who tells me how or what I need to do in order to support the game I have been playing since the Splatmaster was the hot new gun, and after knowing most of the Louisiana players for years, I highly doubt that I am alone in that attitude. There is a very strong, loyal, and dedicated group of players in louisiana who know what is going on. The best way to develop their support, and promote unity is not by telling them what they need to do to make your tournament successful, and claim it is all "for love of the game". We've all been around the block. Numerous times.

I would be nicer if you would be smarter.

Shooting people is not a crime, it's a pleasure!
DoubleZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM #53
Geaux Splat

U r reading to much into what I was saying. I am trying say thanks for all the hard work some people do to make this happen. But also for people always complaining that no body supports the tournament guys. Those guys need to quit complaining if they don't support the fields. By the way don't act like because I just opened I haven't worked. I've rodeoed and farmed my entire life. I promise u will not out work me. I dug thousands of post holes and built miles of fence line. Anyway, back to my point. Guys what I am saying is just support your fields and they will support you. If anyone would like to talk to me not on this site call me or we can meet. I don't gripe or talk junk on the computer. I handle my business. That is why my wife and I own several businesses. This is not going to make me rich. I just provide a service unmatched by anyone. I don't take loans out and I don't rob from Peter to pay Paul. Ask anyone who has played at my field. You want be treated better any where else.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 PM #54
RabbitJR007

Were happy to have a tournament to play. It's gonna be fun and that what it's about. I just hope to play a minimum of 15 games and if that works out then I'll be happy. Can't wait for 4am Saturday morning cuz we got along drive to play this event and to have some fun
Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 PM #55
rabbit007888
Malcolm

rabbit007888 plays in the PSP
rabbit007888 plays in the APPA D4 division
If you would stay alive more you would be happy with about 10 games!
rabbit007888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM #56
Geaux Splat

I hear u. Lol
Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM #57
Geaux Splat

Guys be careful coming over. Look forward to meeting everyone. God Bless.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 PM #58
DoubleZero
Unmedicated again...

DoubleZero is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
By the way don't act like because I just opened I haven't worked. I've rodeoed and farmed my entire life. I promise u will not out work me. I dug thousands of post holes and built miles of fence line.
WTF? I think I'll just stay out of your threads from now on. I may make it up for a tournament one of these days though. We can talk then. Best of luck with your tournament, I hope it goes great.

Tim

I would be nicer if you would be smarter.

Shooting people is not a crime, it's a pleasure!
DoubleZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM #59
RabbitJR007

I stay alive Spencer welch dies
Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 PM #60
jherbert

Ok guys, really, this is a VERY new field owner trying his VERY best to do what he can for LA paintball. I understand alot of you guys have questions, but being bombarded by all these "technicality" questions may be too much to try to explain on a forum. If you would like more clarification, you can simply call him and discuss the issues you are having. Instead of criticizing every thing posted and mathematical posts, maybe try helping out a little? And I know its coming, so flame away.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 PM #61
Geaux Splat

Congratulations to the short bus for their win today. All the teams played well. I appreciate everyones help in making this tournament possible.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:21 PM #62
Geaux Splat

Also congrats to team resistance for their nail biting 2nd place and G-Squad who ended third in a sudden death shoot out with resistance. Thank u guys I had a blast.
ReplyRegional Ups