Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM #1
phantom11

phantom11 is for the Gunfight
phantom11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
phantom11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Vanguard Creed problems

I bought my Creed from someone on craigslist and it worked great for about 6 months but i am now starting to have problems and sense im did not buy the gun new and it being a UK Company im not exactly sure what to do to get my gun fixed and so il just post hear.

Problem 1- on two of the three barrels that come with the gun theirs cracks all up the side of the venting holes leaving me with one barrel.

Problem 2- I some how striped the bolt cap when going to re lube my gun I have been trying to get a replacement back cap and i finally found one but its silver my gun is blue.

Side questions sense im on hear

Question 1- The anodizing on the gun wasn't that great out of the factory theirs splotches on some parts and the paint layer gets SUPER thin in some areas making it look kind of cheesy so i have been thinking of geting it re anodized what do you guys think about that it will also work out nice if i cant find a blue bolt cap.

Question 2- I dont know what im doing im not a gun tech (obviously) but sometimes for no reason my gun will just start chopping paint like crazy so il stop using it and use my DM for the rest of the day. A week or so later then gun will shoot totally fine what up with that i only ever go semi so im not exactly sure whats up if anyone has some advice that would be great.

BTW I LOVE my Creed i also have a DM11 and my bro has a G6R and i prefer my creed over both of those its just a joy to shoot and a blast to use. oddly my fav is the trigger i really like the stock trigger i dont know why.
phantom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 AM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
If you bought it on craigslist, I doubt the gun is brand new. I think Vanguard will still cover you for a barrel replacement though. You'll just have to call them.

Make sure you use the proper sized allen keys on the bolt cap. This gun is made in the UK so you need imperial sizes

Anno........that's your choice. Lots of people do it. It's not cheap but not too bad as long as you don't get too crazy .

As for the paint breaking problem......I have a few theories. The first being improper regulator setup. The creed needs to have the input pressure set first(HPR), then you tune your velocity with the LPR. Insufficient regulator pressures can cause shoot down which will mess up the mechanics and breaks paint. You can't set it up like most poppet guns.

Next check your detents. The springs can sometimes be tricky to seat properly. If they buckle at all, your detents won't retract fully. That means more brittle paint will get cracked when you fire. Use your finger nail down the breech to make sure the detents retract past the level of the breech.

Next check your hopper batteries. You may think they're good, and in fact they may be good for a short while then die down causing misfeeds during rapid fire. Misfeeds lead to broken paint. Make sure your gun battery is well charged too. Don't let it go past about 50%.

Next gun settings. A lot of people like to play with settings and the previous owner may have as well. Reset them to stock and see how that works out for you. If the gun is well broken in you can play with the dwell a bit, but try stock settings first to see if that helps.

Next, make sure your eyes are clean and working properly. Make sure the internals of the gun are clean and working properly. Make sure your ASA knob isn't screwed in too far to block air flow from the tank. Make sure you have no leaks. Make sure you aren't using crappy paint! lol. The standard things you should do with any gun

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 PM #3
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Make sure you use the proper sized allen keys on the bolt cap. This gun is made in the UK so you need imperial sizes
That's actually not true, they're standard sizes.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 PM #4
LeftHook
I hate having $$

LeftHook donated to help Peyton Trent
LeftHook is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI) View Post
That's actually not true, they're standard sizes.
Imperial = standard. Sort of.

Metric = mm
Imperial = inches
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 PM #5
overweightangel275
Vanguard East Coast

overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
overweightangel275 plays in the PSP
overweightangel275 is for the Gunfight
overweightangel275 is for the Gunfight
A lot of the paint breakage problem are a result of an unbalanced marker. Re-tune and you should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
If you bought it on craigslist, I doubt the gun is brand new. I think Vanguard will still cover you for a barrel replacement though. You'll just have to call them.

Anno........that's your choice. Lots of people do it. It's not cheap but not too bad as long as you don't get too crazy .

As for the paint breaking problem......I have a few theories. The first being improper regulator setup. The creed needs to have the input pressure set first(HPR), then you tune your velocity with the LPR. Insufficient regulator pressures can cause shoot down which will mess up the mechanics and breaks paint. You can't set it up like most poppet guns.

Next check your detents. The springs can sometimes be tricky to seat properly. If they buckle at all, your detents won't retract fully. That means more brittle paint will get cracked when you fire. Use your finger nail down the breech to make sure the detents retract past the level of the breech.

Next check your hopper batteries. You may think they're good, and in fact they may be good for a short while then die down causing misfeeds during rapid fire. Misfeeds lead to broken paint. Make sure your gun battery is well charged too. Don't let it go past about 50%.

Next gun settings. A lot of people like to play with settings and the previous owner may have as well. Reset them to stock and see how that works out for you. If the gun is well broken in you can play with the dwell a bit, but try stock settings first to see if that helps.

Next, make sure your eyes are clean and working properly. Make sure the internals of the gun are clean and working properly. Make sure your ASA knob isn't screwed in too far to block air flow from the tank. Make sure you have no leaks. Make sure you aren't using crappy paint! lol. The standard things you should do with any gun
-Koker #37
East Coast Vanguard Marker Support
Looking for Demon and Creed Parts/Markers
http://www.vanguardpaintballusane.com
mike@vanguardpaintballusa.com
overweightangel275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:06 PM #6
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHook View Post
Imperial = standard. Sort of.

Metric = mm
Imperial = inches
LOL...

Regardless, the Allens on a Creed are not metric.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:31 PM #7
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Right.........not metric lol. I think in the US they still call it standard..........even though the rest of the world uses metric as standard now for the most part.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 AM #8
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
OP, like Jason said, chopping paint is a result of either having your eyes off or not balancing the HPR and LPR. I would bet it is the second one. I would suggest you watch the tech videos in this forum on how to chrono the creed. Unlike other poppets like the ego, you can't just turn the HPR up to increase velocity. There is a process in which you turn the HPR out one turn, then start turning the LPR in. If you get the LPR flush and it isn't at the velocity you need, turn the LPR all the way out, turn the HPR in another 1/4 turn, and start turning the LPR back in. Keep repeating this, but you should never have to go past turning the HPR 2 turns out or the LPR flush.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote