Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 PM #1
Xthonos

Help! G7 Bolt not Cycling

My G7's bolt gets stuck about 1/8th of an inch in the breach whenever I fire it and if I keep firing it slides forward a tiny bit each time I fire until it's stuck in the breach. It leaks a bit of air when it does this but not a gargantuan amount.
The gun cycles fine when the bolt is out.
This started happening pretty suddenly. One day it was fine then when I took it out to play a round with it a week later it wouldn't fire.
Any thoughts about what's going on would be helpful, thanks.
Xthonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Make sure your bolt isn't hanging up on the ball detents. Try shooting with the detents removed to see if the problem persists. Although it's more commonly an issue with the A1, you might also want to check your breech seal - try removing it and see if the problem persists (scape out the old adhesive and reglue it with a dab of superglue if removing the seal solves your issue). You should also check your breech and bolt for any debris or damage that could be causing the bolt to stick. If you've ruled all of that out, double check your LPR pressure.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 AM #3
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Is it possible someone lubed/oiled your bolt? I had someone do that to one of my Angels once, and the bolt swelled so bad it stuck.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM #4
Ryan10
Father of 3

Or bolt pin in too far or too far out.
Ryan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:23 AM #5
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Annual Supporting Member
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
His bolt doesnt even make it to the detents, just gets stuck right away.
As far as I know, no one has lubed the bolt at all..
We will try to tap the bolt pin in a little to see if it will help.

I took a look at it by reaching my finger into the breech and I noticed a tiny lip where the breech meets the bolt door. Im not sure if thats enough to cause suck a stick. Plus it happened suddenly like xthonos said. Shot fine for a whole day of play, and then bam, cycling issues.
Alsom hpr and lpr have not been changed from the gun between when the gun was firing properly, and now.

I dont think its a ram problem since the ram cycles when the bolt is removed.
Comparing to what it was like before, and compared to the A1s I own, the bolt slides foreward and back in and out of the breech when not aired up (you all know what Im talking about) but now the bolt wont move since it gets stuck without sliding foreward.

Im guessing its either the bolt, or the uneven trasition from the bolt door and the breech but I really cant tell. The bolt fits nicely in the breech just fine and fits in its door housing just fine so maybe it is in fact where they meet, but I dunno..
I will try the bolt pin but does anyone have any other ideas incase we cant get that to work?

Last edited by Lungorthin : 05-12-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Lungorthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:47 AM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

There's always a small lip where the rotobreech meets the breech body, but if it's especially pronounced, check your breech seal like I mentioned before - if the seal adhesive has swollen, it will force the breech up very slightly and cause enough of a difference to make the bolt stick. That's a very common issue on the A1, but less so on the G7 series.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:35 AM #7
Xthonos

I've checked the breach seal, it's actually the first thing I did. Took it out and glued it back in.
I'll have to take the gun apart and inspect the ram for damage, I'll give it a good cleaning while I'm at it. Hopefully that solves the issue. It's an old gun and the internals have rarely been cleaned.
Xthonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 AM #8
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

If the ram is cycling okay without the bolt then that's probably not the issue. You're most likely looking at something in the upper tubes.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 AM #9
Ryan10
Father of 3

My bet is the bolt pin. It's either too far in or too far out. If it s too far out, you will have a hard time closing the breach door/if it's more than a tad out, the bolt pin, watch when you close the breach door. Does the door barely touch the body? You don't want resistance closing the door.

Vice versa

If bolt pin too far in, when you close the breach door, you'll hear a very crisp "clap!" I don't like that from personal experience. I was tuning and firing in my basement with my Devious and the door flew right open with brand new breach rods and bolt. My bolt pin was pushed in too far. Therefore resulting a misalignment with the ram hammer slot depth/breach door/body. So I pulled the pin out a tad and I closed the breach door and got a different sound, not a crisp "clap!" but a bit a dull "clap"

I hope this helps? Lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 AM #10
Ryan10
Father of 3

By the way, are you running a stock hammer or a nylon one?