PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM #1
jleclipse81

jleclipse81 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ape board on bt combat gone ape?

hey nation i was wondering if perhaps you guys could help me out here. i recently got my bro an ape rampage board for his bt combat delta and it seems like it's "slightly" (not fully) decocking quite often. i looked up on how to properly adjust the sear height on the trigger (which i cocked the gun w/out air and turned in the adjustment screw til it decocked and then gave a full turn out). the gun seems to shoot fine at times but it'll eventually "slip" and fire continuosly on semi-auto or on 3 round burst or whenever he rapid fires (gun set @15 bps) at which then i'd have to use my hand to stop it.....recock to fire or i'll just get the solenoid clicking. my bro uses CO2 and i've used my hpa tank but does the same thing. Anyone have any clue what may be the cause? i've checked the sear for wear and it's still seems pretty good. any help is much appreciated...thanks!
jleclipse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 PM #2
OmegaPhoenix
Respawn in 5...

Sounds like it could be a hammer or spring issue. What hammer are you using? Have you ever changed the spring?
OmegaPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 AM #3
jleclipse81

stock hammer and spring....i took it apart and relubed everything...seems to be working alot better and will have an occasional slip here and there
Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 PM #4
OmegaPhoenix
Respawn in 5...

I've never tried the APE board for the BT series markers, but sending a high pressure marker on a blitz at 30bps seems a little excessive imo. I don't think the marker was ever designed to sustain that speed of firing anyways. If the hammer and spring are stock, and everything is lubed up, only other suggestion I have is try lowering down the bps on the board one by one until you get a better level of consistency.
OmegaPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 PM #5
TheEnglishGuy

Does the velocity on the shots go down prior to it glitching out? Just wondering if it could be an air starvation issue and there's not enough pressure to reset the hammer correctly. If you haven't already I'd recommend doing the ASA mod, basically drilling out the hole in the ASA a little more so more air can get through. Also wondering if you've polished the internals, which might also help.

Otherwise buy a replacement Sear and arm, and possibly even a hammer and replace all at once. It could just be a little wear on all of them combining to cause this problem.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 AM #6
jleclipse81

Can't say if the velocity goes down before it slips. Haven't. Tested that yet. The internals are not polished and we have not done an asa mod. I've read a bit about air starvation and seems like it could be it, since it only seems to slip if pulling the trigger rather fast. It seemed to work best at 15bps. We tried it at 18bps and started slipping again. Would drilling a bigger hole neccisarily mean using/running out of air quicker?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:03 PM #7
TheEnglishGuy

The marker will still use exactly the same amount of air for each legitimate shot as it's based on the amount of air being held in the valve and the strength of the spring inside, not the hole leading into the marker in the ASA.

Opening up the hole a little won't cause you any problems but might just solve this one.

English
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM #8
jleclipse81

cool!...just exactly how much bigger would the hole need to be?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 AM #9
TheEnglishGuy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFw607tqC10

English
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 AM #10
jleclipse81

sweet! thank you so much!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 PM #11
jleclipse81

Just out of curiosity....would a ninja SHP Tank do the trick for a faster recharge or would it be bad for the gun/internals?
Old 05-02-2012, 11:31 AM #12
TheEnglishGuy

Hmmm... the BT-4 doesn't have a regulator so I'm not sure if the additional pressure would cause problems with the valve. I don't think it would help though because this is really just a problem with the location and size of the hole in the ASA .. the Tippmann 98 doesn't have this issue and it's basically the same thing just Tippmann's ASA. Putting a bigger/faster tank on the gun still leaves the existing small hole as the bottleneck.

English
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 PM #13
jleclipse81

Gotcha...weren't the ninja SHP tanks made for tippmanns in mind?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 PM #14
TheEnglishGuy

Quite probably .. they came out after all my Tippmann's were sold so I never had the need to look into them. Also I never had any air issues with my regular HP tanks running 25bps on my A5's and X7's. I did with the one BT-4 I owned, but after modding the ASA all my problems went away.

English
Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM #15
jleclipse81

nice....imma give this mod a try and hopefully my brother's de-cocking issues will go away...(then i'm really gonna have to worry about him shooting me lol)