PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2014, 11:21 PM #1
Nightwolf92

Can a HPA Tank use CO2?

Hello,

I currently have a 3000 PSI HPA Pure Energy Tank (aluminum) Unfortunately a lot of places that I go to for whatever reason do not believe in carrying Nitro or Compressed Air. I was wondering if there is actually an issue with using my HPA tank with CO2. Also I have a Smart Parts Ion Pro (It feels ancient lol) is it bad to fire CO2 on a gun that has only ever had Compressed Air/Nitrogen.

Your input is very much appreciated!
Nightwolf92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2014, 11:44 PM #2
ousooners

ousooners owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
ousooners has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ousooners has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Do not fill your tank with co2. It is vey bad to do that. Your steel hpa tank isn't meant for liquid co2. You could use co2 on your ion but I don't recommend it. It will work for awhile but after rapid fire it will start to freeze and you will have major spikes in your fps. Stock to hpa but if needed buy a co2 tank
ousooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:12 AM #3
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Way back in the day when the Shocker was new (I'm not talking about the SFT Shocker, the ORIGINAL shocker) they actually did fill carbon fiber tanks with CO2 because the thing was so inefficient that was the only way they could keep it breathing.

Actual CO2 tanks are $20, don't fill your HPA tank with CO2. And Ions can run on CO2 but it's not the best idea.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:25 AM #4
Nightwolf92

Yeah I figured it wouldnt be a good idea for my HPA to run CO2 :/ figured I'd just buy a CO2 tank. Its unfortunate though, if I am going to a field that only carries CO2 (to which is the case to my knowledge) which is actually (hardcore Paintball Arena in NJ.) I would not take the idea to fire CO2 lightly as In all the years of owning my Ion, I have never fired CO2 through that gun.

I appreciate the input. If you guys have recommendations as to how to efficiently fill up a HPA tank from a local source that may be around, It would be of great help to me.

Thank you.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:31 AM #5
krsmith103
I remember my first beer

krsmith103 is playing at Living Legends VI
krsmith103 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
krsmith103 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
krsmith103 supports Empire
Kinda odd that a field doesn't carry air to fill your hpa tank but check for a local scuba shop. May be a long shot but while I was at college, I found a scuba shop to fill mine for $3.
krsmith103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM #6
Nightwolf92

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsmith103 View Post
Kinda odd that a field doesn't carry air to fill your hpa tank but check for a local scuba shop. May be a long shot but while I was at college, I found a scuba shop to fill mine for $3.
Yeah, they just opened in November. It is litterally a mother and father whose children were like "lets open a paintball arena" and they bought a 22,000 Sq. ft arena. Its supposed to be a very good place however it isnt like they have been deeply involved in paintball for a long period of time.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:42 PM #7
Plunkiee

Good information.
Plunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote