PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2014, 05:26 AM #1
D.Berry15
Future Soldier

How do you become a certified gun tech?

I've been looking into expanding my knowledge with paintball guns into the next level, to hopefully some day become a certified gun tech.

How exactly would I go about doing so? I can imagine there is no "blanket certification" for every make and marker. I would imagine that you would be certified to work on a specific series of marker... say the Dye Matrix line, or the Planet Eclipse series of markers.

Can somebody with some knowledge on the subject fill me in please? it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2014, 05:35 PM #2
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
It's not too hard... go to events, like wordcup and most venders will have a "Tech" class but you have to be backed by a field more or less so they can get you in there.... and then go do your teching class, and if all goes well, u'll have a certification.

also paintball extravaganza is amazing too

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:46 AM #3
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Most companies will have some sort of "tech seminar" but usually it is something pretty basic, like becoming a "Windows certified tech" for your computer, it really isn't something that seperates the good paintball mechanic (technicians) from the bad ones.

The best thing you can do is spend time to trouble shoot your own paintball guns, read the instruction manual, understand the basics of operation.

Get a cheap working gun and take it apart completely and re tune the regulators.

Then you can go to some tech seminars and get as many certification stamps you could ever want.
Person is offline   Reply With Quote