Community Focus

Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 AM #1
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
MWXL Event #2 Feedback Thread!!!

Ok guys, its that time again so, let me have it! All feedback is welcomed to insure things we did do right get even better and the things we didn't get addressed

LET"S GO!!!
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 11:40 AM #2
tvrsir
Khanh

tvrsir plays in the PSP
tvrsir owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvrsir plays in the APPA D1 division
Here is my thoughts on the event.....i thought proving grounds is a great location because the field was nice, not perfect but playable. I thought the staff was friendly and the pit area was nice clean.

I seriously just think the day was a bit too long. that is not because thing weren't ran smoothly, BIG black doing the scoring it took a bit because JANSEN have bigger fingers (lol) take the man forever to type things and with him having to come get the score sheets and filling in score and walking back and forth it waste a lot of time.

The race to format was AWESOME....FEELS LIKE AN XBALL MATCH.

I Thought the reffing on the eclipse field was good. and the reffing on the psp field was good also. some calls were missed but it happens in every damn tournament.

here are my suggestion.......hire one person ( a hot looking woman to do the scoring sheets....cause i hate looking at jansen everytime is go to the scoring table lol. someone who can type quickly and efficiently.

get maybe 2-3 more refs on the d3 field......but that should be fixed the next event.

usually i criticize my *** off but i thought this event ran well.....

Last edited by tvrsir : 05-07-2012 at 11:42 AM.
tvrsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:47 AM #3
tvrsir
Khanh

tvrsir plays in the PSP
IF WE DONT GET ONE OF THESE I GONNA BREAK YOU DOWN LIKE BRUCE LEE BROKE DOWN KAREEM!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 PM #4
jacapbinc
BIG BLACK

jacapbinc plays in the PSP
jacapbinc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jacapbinc plays in the APPA D4 division
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Kahn you are a fool!!

Seriously though, I really do take my time filling in the scores in APPA because it is EASY to screw that up and trust, I have. I would never put that burden on anyone else. Doing this event has taught me how to have a tougher skin when it come to dealling with people. So when a score is entered incorrectly I would rather have everyone come to me up set then anyone else... because that's my job.

Thanks gor the GREAT feedback Kahn and congrats on the 1st and 2nd place finishes
jacapbinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM #5
AllHeart94

To be honest even tho we lost to every team we played the most fun we had was when we played 5 points due to penalties best last match of the day
AllHeart94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM #6
sp_dynasty
boom boom skeet skeet

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
sp_dynasty supports Empire
sp_dynasty is All In
sp_dynasty is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrsir View Post
Here is my thoughts on the event.....i thought proving grounds is a great location because the field was nice, not perfect but playable. I thought the staff was friendly and the pit area was nice clean.

I seriously just think the day was a bit too long. that is not because thing weren't ran smoothly, BIG black doing the scoring it took a bit because JANSEN have bigger fingers (lol) take the man forever to type things and with him having to come get the score sheets and filling in score and walking back and forth it waste a lot of time.

The race to format was AWESOME....FEELS LIKE AN XBALL MATCH.

I Thought the reffing on the eclipse field was good. and the reffing on the psp field was good also. some calls were missed but it happens in every damn tournament.

here are my suggestion.......hire one person ( a hot looking woman to do the scoring sheets....cause i hate looking at jansen everytime is go to the scoring table lol. someone who can type quickly and efficiently.

get maybe 2-3 more refs on the d3 field......but that should be fixed the next event.

usually i criticize my *** off but i thought this event ran well.....
i pretty much agree with all of this... my only issue was the wait time between games and leaving the field around 8pm... maybe the break should have been after the prelims, not when the prelims are almost over.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:04 PM #7
tvrsir
Khanh

tvrsir plays in the PSP
Well That's Even Better...hire A Hot Lady To Run The Score Sheet Back To You
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM #8
sp_dynasty
boom boom skeet skeet

Annual Supporting Member
sp_dynasty is All In
sp_dynasty is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrsir View Post
Well That's Even Better...hire A Hot Lady To Run The Score Sheet Back To You
Old 05-07-2012, 01:08 PM #9
Cigap69

Poor

Honestly felt that the layout was worse than the first event. A bigger field yes of course but the layout was bad. And I'm not coming out and trying to bash anyone but I noticed a lot of ref friendly remarks to certain teams. Some between match coaching. I also want to say that some of the refs were just plain lazy. They would just stand around talking during the match and miss good calls but see a smudge of paint on someone without seeing what happened and that person got pulled. Happened a few times to us but saw it many times throughout the day. I not saying there was favoritism but I watched a guy get shot three different times, within 10 seconds of each shot and the red just stood there pointing. Come on. That was close to the worst tournament I've ever personally played. I've been playing tournament ball since 2001. This was pretty bad. I'm not entirely sure if we will be at the next one or not. After the mix up in the first event and the poor second event I don't think it's worth our time and money to continue playing. The best part of the trip was the drive down. Sorry to say. But that's my two cents for what it's worth.
Cigap69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM #10
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi is a Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
axhi supports DLX Technology
The race-2 format was awesome. It was super fun to play that style and they really kept everything rolling all day. Proving grounds had an excellent facility and everyone was really nice (even the cop who gave me a speeding ticket).

Didn't play on Field 2 but Field 1 was nice. The head ref was great and always listened. I am pretty appalled at the other d-side refs though. They sat there with their arms crossed and let a lot pass. I felt like I saw the head ref (located in the middle of the d-tape, run to home FAR TOO OFTEN to make calls when other refs were closer and after he told them to go there they just wouldn't. I know reffing is ridiculous (I have reffed PSP before). Low pay and no one ever seems to think you are doing your job right but at least make an effort. We all pay to play here and I get more movement out of refs at practice than at this tourney.

Event #1 had excellent reffing, lets get back to that. We will be at the next event because BB has put on an excellent series here and I appreciate what he is doing for MW paintballers. I know these refs are not indicative of the series as a whole but this is just my opinion of this event.

Congrats to TMG Crush and all the other teams that made it out. Special thanks to MDK for assistance in our pits that game and I hope that your pneumonia has subsided.

Last edited by axhi : 05-07-2012 at 02:40 PM.
axhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:09 PM #11
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
i had fun for sure!! i just hate 8 min matches lol stupid tie games!

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
saints11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM #12
jbmcduff

jbmcduff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jbmcduff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jbmcduff supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axhi View Post
The race-2 format was awesome. It was super fun to play that style and they really kept everything rolling all day. Proving grounds had an excellent facility and everyone was really nice (even the cop who gave me a speeding ticket).
We warned you about the Policia.

2011 Beach of Normandy Axis CO----2011 Battle for Bastogne Axis CO
2011 Battle of Stalingrad Axis MVP

PGOD
-Loathe any state that doesn't start with "Tex" and end with "as".
-"I wanted to play Mouse Trap... you roll your dice, you move your mice... nobody gets hurt."
jbmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:35 PM #13
preder_10

preder_10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
preder_10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
We played on both fields and noticed a big difference between the 2 fields. the only complaint I had was the reffs on field 1 where pretty bad, I didn't know players could be put back in a game after being called out, this should never happen. Reffs on field 2 did a great job and where all on the same page. I really liked the new format an think this will really help the teams looking to play PSP. It thanks to BB and Aftershock for all there hard work.
preder_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:38 PM #14
sp_dynasty
boom boom skeet skeet

Annual Supporting Member
sp_dynasty is All In
sp_dynasty is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by preder_10 View Post
We played on both fields and noticed a big difference between the 2 fields. the only complaint I had was the reffs on field 1 where pretty bad, I didn't know players could be put back in a game after being called out, this should never happen. Reffs on field 2 did a great job and where all on the same page. I really liked the new format an think this will really help the teams looking to play PSP. It thanks to BB and Aftershock for all there hard work.
word
Old 05-07-2012, 02:40 PM #15
hksnakeplayer23
-RIOT 2012-

hksnakeplayer23 supports Team VICIOUS
hksnakeplayer23 plays in the APPA D5 division
Race 2 format like others have said was great. I also agree with placing the break after the prelims are done with. As for the reffing the eclipse field was amazing. When we switched however I could not say the same at all. Refs were indeed lazy as there were games I would call for a paint check plenty of times and finally when they would check they would not even bother to leave the side line to check. I also had another issue with a ref checking me from the line says nothing to me then hands out a penalty for playing on after he just "checked" me and said nothing. Other then that it was awesome and I have nothing else to complain about.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Ninja, Empire, Vanguard, KW Paintball
hksnakeplayer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:40 PM #16
nate_b_fast1
Nate Brown

nate_b_fast1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sucked sucked sucked. Field 1 was a joke. The snake refs were smokin during games. They wood call penaltys on teams 5 mins latr a team wood do the same and the ref wood just laugh. And come on one jonny for 30 plus teams. Proving gounds is by far the worse field ive ever played at, i can do better n my backyard total garbage... Our team will never come bac. Big black u did amazing to bad there wasnt 10 of u or the thing woodof ran perfect much respect to u bro
Old 05-07-2012, 02:47 PM #17
SErwin
thirteen23

SErwin plays in the PSP
SErwin plays in the APPA D3 division
SErwin is All In
SErwin is All In
To start, I loved the new format. It was nice, quick, the pits made it really easy (Thank you PG and staff), and it felt more like xball which is a plus.

Few things I'd like to see improved. The layout wasn't awful, but wasn't good either. Each field was grided different and each side was off too.

The hour to two hour breaks to get the brackets, not sure what you can do to help shorten this Black, but it would help shorten the days.

There were quite a few questionable calls, but that comes with every tournament, just wish there was some more consistency to the calls and field layouts field.

Other than that, thank you PG, Black, Shock, Chris Loh, and the other refs for standing out in the heat and getting sun brunt with the rest of us. And also the other teams for keeping a level head even in the heat.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:45 PM #18
InDy_Baller

InDy_Baller plays in the PSP
InDy_Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
InDy_Baller supports our troops
InDy_Baller plays in the APPA D2 division
Based on our margin, Asylum should've gotten the by for finals...and Big black, any time I asked you a question about the way things were running or what was going on you pretty much just shrugged me off or gave me some half *** answer. Still a fun tournament, and I can't speak on behalf of the entire team, but I wouldn't expect to see Asylum at anymore MWXL's.

www.trademygun.com--www.paintballplex.com

**GI Sportz**Planet Eclipse**

SPG
Old Feedback (10+/0-)
InDy_Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM #19
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi is a Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
axhi supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDy_Baller View Post
Based on our margin, Asylum should've gotten the by for finals...and Big black, any time I asked you a question about the way things were running or what was going on you pretty much just shrugged me off or gave me some half *** answer. Still a fun tournament, and I can't speak on behalf of the entire team, but I wouldn't expect to see Asylum at anymore MWXL's.
I just looked at your APPA scores and because you lost to Wiseguys your margin doesn't constitute tie-break. It would first go to head-to-head then to Margin for tie break. BB doesn't seed or rank, APPA has a system that does all that for you.

Just an observation from afar.
axhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:03 PM #20
PballJunkie19

PballJunkie19 plays in the PSP
PballJunkie19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PballJunkie19 plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks for all the positive feedback on the field, we worked hard for a good month or so to get the field ready for this event. good to know it paid off. Had a great time at the event reffing on field 1 was good at times and bad at times but that goes for every tournament. I think the clock should be moved to 10 minutes total because 8 minutes was just too short and caused too many OT games... I think we played 3 games that went to OT... It was good to see people from all over have good attitudes especially at the end of the day when we were all burnt and tired as can be.

pgpaintball.net
ansgear.com
PballJunkie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:21 PM #21
$tL PaInTbALL

$tL PaInTbALL plays in the PSP
$tL PaInTbALL supports Pev's Paintball
$tL PaInTbALL plays in the APPA D4 division
$tL PaInTbALL has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The johnny was just plain nasty...I cant belive women were even going in there at one point I seen a few chicks pissing in the parking lot between cars...The reffing on 1 was a TOTAL joke minus the head ref he was legit smoking cigs laying around mask upside down....Big Black is a legit guy but that field is a def JOKE....Why wernt teams allowed to play on both fields? Some teams were stuck playing on a 2010 psp that didnt hold air and was ripping apart at the seams.... Stick with PB ASYLUM
$tL PaInTbALL is offline   Reply With Quote