Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 11:03 PM #1135
starkc
ver d.3.1.0
 
starkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under a Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoxxPaintball View Post
Meaning they didn't make Staff or Tech or what ever rank you may test for.
Oh re-tests. When I hear "cert" I think of re-certifying, like you are supposed to take a test yearly to maintain your rank. The idea was foreign and confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
That's on the list. I'd love to get to the CRG.
One of our guys used to do that.
__________________
You may be thinking, "well that wasn't a very nice post"
Well, I'm not a very nice person.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
starkc is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2012, 11:51 PM #1136
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkc View Post

One of our guys used to do that.
I'm a part of it here ("mini-CRG"), but I want to go to McGuire and work with the guys that certified me. They have a really good group up there.
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 AM #1137
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED
 
kapp_badbloodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: CLASSIFIED
 has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Tell me how this makes sense:

You get tasked to do an explosives detection sweep for a change of command ceremony with a narcotics dog. You can't go into an explosives problem with a narcotics dog (and vice verse) and is against the regs. However, since its a "dog and pony show" and there is no legitimate threat its okay???

That's like saying you don't need your m4/m9 going OTW to a village in Afghanistan because there hasn't been an attack there yet or its been a long time and they're "peaceful" now... I want out of this nightmare!!!
__________________
OFFICIAL ORVIS WRECKING CREW
ANS GEAR || THE VEST GUY || PINOKIO HOPPERS

"Originally posted by slateman: Air Force . . . serious business"
MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
kapp_badbloodz is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 AM #1138
Crane
Infotography
 
Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Deutschland
Crane supports our troops
Haha.. Did that actually happen? Who the hell is running SFS? Jesus. I guess all the good ones crosstrain or get out and most of the worthless ones stay in..

That is exactly like saying, "Go do this task because I just want to waste your time.."
__________________
Crane is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 AM #1139
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
Tell me how this makes sense:

You get tasked to do an explosives detection sweep for a change of command ceremony with a narcotics dog. You can't go into an explosives problem with a narcotics dog (and vice verse) and is against the regs. However, since its a "dog and pony show" and there is no legitimate threat its okay???

That's like saying you don't need your m4/m9 going OTW to a village in Afghanistan because there hasn't been an attack there yet or its been a long time and they're "peaceful" now... I want out of this nightmare!!!
if you have regs to back you up I'd stand your ground and tell them to send in an explosives dog. if something was to happen then it would be your *** on the line for not finding it even though your dog isn't an explosives dog and the KM told you to. They'd get in **** as well but it's just not worth it.
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM #1140
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED
 
kapp_badbloodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: CLASSIFIED
 has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane View Post
Haha.. Did that actually happen? Who the hell is running SFS? Jesus. I guess all the good ones crosstrain or get out and most of the worthless ones stay in..

That is exactly like saying, "Go do this task because I just want to waste your time.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
if you have regs to back you up I'd stand your ground and tell them to send in an explosives dog. if something was to happen then it would be your *** on the line for not finding it even though your dog isn't an explosives dog and the KM told you to. They'd get in **** as well but it's just not worth it.
Ryan: my point exactly... not only is it a waste of time its a ****ing real world situation outside a controlled environment. Yes we are on a secure base but what if today was the dayone of those army guys snapped and rigged a grenade trap on one of the cooloers my dog searched. He wouldn't have found it yknow. Probably wouldn't happen... but can it happen... ABSOLUTELY! Old commander leaves and a disgruntled recently demoted d PFC sets a trap. This ignorance kills me.

LT: I'm going to look up the reg and call the KM out. I'm going to tell him politely that doing a sweep is different than a presence patrol and I should be told accordingly. Yes it would look good to actually walk my dog up and down every seat (which I did) and search however I will not put my dog, myself, or anyone else in danger like that again. If you want a sweep done use a EDD team not a DDD team. If you want a presence patrol that's fin but I will be walking around the external area doing just that... showing a presence not SWEEPING!!!

And he told me I'm going to get mother****ers killed... ****ing asshat man. Not trying to undermine my leadership but I'm so over the condradictions we call the kennels
__________________
OFFICIAL ORVIS WRECKING CREW
ANS GEAR || THE VEST GUY || PINOKIO HOPPERS

"Originally posted by slateman: Air Force . . . serious business"
MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
kapp_badbloodz is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 PM #1141
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED
 
kapp_badbloodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: CLASSIFIED
 has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Made a friend in the kennels today. My new supervisor (the trainer) opened up during a training session today. I confessed I was considering EOD or a SF career field. She told me she was 110% supportive and that its my career and she would support me as best as.she can. She also agreed to wait to talk to the KM with me. Super stoked on this! We also had a good initial feedback session. Went to the gym after work and all is well.
__________________
OFFICIAL ORVIS WRECKING CREW
ANS GEAR || THE VEST GUY || PINOKIO HOPPERS

"Originally posted by slateman: Air Force . . . serious business"
MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
kapp_badbloodz is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 PM #1142
Crane
Infotography
 
Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Deutschland
Crane supports our troops
Glad to hear things are looking a little brighter.

Do you sew on 1 Aug?
__________________
Crane is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM #1143
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
Made a friend in the kennels today. My new supervisor (the trainer) opened up during a training session today. I confessed I was considering EOD or a SF career field. She told me she was 110% supportive and that its my career and she would support me as best as.she can. She also agreed to wait to talk to the KM with me. Super stoked on this! We also had a good initial feedback session. Went to the gym after work and all is well.
Good stuff man!

Speaking of initial feedback...I'm trying to get clarification on mine. "Hello my name is TSgt. _____ and I expect the best, sorry, I am leaving now..." is total crap for an initial.
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 PM #1144
Crane
Infotography
 
Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Deutschland
Crane supports our troops
I don't think people understand how important initial and mid term feedback is when writing EPRs... Especially if your troop is not meeting standards.. Feedback and documentation is the main reason I can write this 3 I am about to write and will get no kick back from anyone in my chain...
__________________
Crane is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 PM #1145
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Yeah, she hasn't ever rated someone...she's new to the section, and she deployed the day I met her.

__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 AM #1146
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
anybody elses workcenters running rampant with people wearing yellow tinted glasses? I understand the purpose but I'm not sure if the AFIs allow it. Plus we calibrate the monitors on the important ones and I'm afraid that color tinted lenses will distort things.
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 04:55 AM #1147
NWCD (Banned)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alaska
Annual Supporting Member
NWCD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NWCD posts videos on PbNation
NWCD supports Pev's Paintball
NWCD has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NWCD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NWCD has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NWCD has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
Good stuff man!

Speaking of initial feedback...I'm trying to get clarification on mine. "Hello my name is TSgt. _____ and I expect the best, sorry, I am leaving now..." is total crap for an initial.
Atleast you got an Initial, I didn't get an initial or a midterm. My EPR closed out, and I still haven't gotten an initial.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
anybody elses workcenters running rampant with people wearing yellow tinted glasses? I understand the purpose but I'm not sure if the AFIs allow it. Plus we calibrate the monitors on the important ones and I'm afraid that color tinted lenses will distort things.
Wut?
NWCD is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:30 AM #1148
*knock-out05*
Where's my boomstick?!
 
*knock-out05*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keesler AFB, MS
*knock-out05* posts videos on PbNation
*knock-out05* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
*knock-out05* is Legendary
Kapp: Im sorry, but SF here is a joke. They are supposed to guard the planes, Ive seen several of them asleep in their trucks, driving on the flightline talking on the damn phone and things they should obviously not be doing. DO they do that there too?
__________________
the Chive

T:GDT Rave | BBB | iPod/Zune/iPhone/iPod Touch Repair | WTB Broken iPods

ST: Tech : Danny, smartest in STT.
*knock-out05* is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 AM #1149
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF
 
ProtoxxPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 941
ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
anybody elses workcenters running rampant with people wearing yellow tinted glasses? I understand the purpose but I'm not sure if the AFIs allow it. Plus we calibrate the monitors on the important ones and I'm afraid that color tinted lenses will distort things.
Not seen a pair here yet.

I know some people have latched on to that "wear these special glasses they help your eyes" but I havent seen any here.
__________________
Old Feedback +54/-0
ProtoxxPaintball is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 AM #1150
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCD View Post
Atleast you got an Initial, I didn't get an initial or a midterm. My EPR closed out, and I still haven't gotten an initial.
picture a bunch of intel poindexters sitting at their computers in near darkness wearing something like these:

__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 AM #1151
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF
 
ProtoxxPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 941
ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball supports Empire
LT, you buy em, I'll wear em. But I want the light blue tint.
__________________
Old Feedback +54/-0
ProtoxxPaintball is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:57 AM #1152
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoxxPaintball View Post
LT, you buy em, I'll wear em. But I want the light blue tint.
I'd rather spend my money on booze
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 AM #1153
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF
 
ProtoxxPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 941
ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball supports Empire
Seems logical. But yes those are out of AFI.
__________________
Old Feedback +54/-0
ProtoxxPaintball is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 AM #1154
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoxxPaintball View Post
Seems logical. But yes those are out of AFI.
figured so. I'll probably e-mail the first sergeant for an official ruling to come down. that way instead of being a d-bag LT thinking I know more about regs than the enlisted I'll just be the ******* enforcing the message.
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 AM #1155
Crane
Infotography
 
Crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Deutschland
Crane supports our troops
The only thing I could think of is if they have a doctors prescription for people who stare at computer screens. But then that prescription should only be applicable while stationary at a desk...

.. And even that is a long shot of a guess.. They are out of regs..
__________________
Crane is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump