PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-20-2016, 06:08 PM #1
ry_goody

has been a member for 10 years
Inception hammer vs alien morph vs check it

So in an attempt to improve my sniper I bought the upgrade parts off of inception. The kits that come with the hammer, volume chamber and then the grip pieces (roller sear and other). These parts are all very nice actually. It farts less but still the sound signature isn't as good as when it doesn't fart. It also fixed some instances of when my sear was slipping when auto-trigger really fast.

Then I found the Alien morph valve and the Check-it sniper upgrade kit.The alien kit claiming to fix the fart noise altogether. Which I already bought the inception hammer hoping for that, also I really like that the inception hammer moves the cocking point back, does the alien hammer do that? So I'm curious has anyone tried mixing parts of these things?

Could you mix the inception hammer with the check-it valve and springs to decrease farting? Or even mix it with the alien valve, but that seems odd since that is supposed to have the delrin hammer. Is there a set of springs that goes better with the inception hammer?

Last edited by ry_goody : 08-20-2016 at 06:18 PM.
ry_goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2016, 11:39 PM #2
Ryn_Droma

plays in the NXL
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VIII
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends IX
Typically farting is caused by the valve reopening after firing. A stiffer valve spring could fix your problem. If it were my gun, I would note what the reg is currently set to, then try increasing the pressure to see if the fart goes away. If that works, adjust the IVG to bring FPS back down.
Ryn_Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:36 AM #3
pvn

Annual Supporting Member
pvn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pvn supports Ninja Paintball
The Morph Valve on the sniper is a great setup. Use the Delrin hammer and if need be dremel the cocking slot a little longer if you have an issue short stroking.

Personally I ended up ditching the morph valve and went with the stock valve and Inception hammer. Stiffer valve spring and a lighter hammer spring. No issue with valve bounce.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:01 PM #4
Ryn_Droma

plays in the NXL
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VIII
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends IX
Why did you go back to the stock valve if the morph is great?
Ryn_Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:12 PM #5
pvn

Annual Supporting Member
pvn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pvn supports Ninja Paintball
Because I use my MVP 75% of the time. Someone made me an offer on the Morph Valve. Figured with a little use as it gets I'm fine with the slight difference between it and a nicely tuned Sniper.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:46 PM #6
ry_goody

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
The Morph Valve on the sniper is a great setup. Use the Delrin hammer and if need be dremel the cocking slot a little longer if you have an issue short stroking.

Personally I ended up ditching the morph valve and went with the stock valve and Inception hammer. Stiffer valve spring and a lighter hammer spring. No issue with valve bounce.
what kind of springs do you use, where can I get them?
ry_goody is offline   Reply With Quote