Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2016, 08:00 PM #1
Dan1995

Tiberius T9.1 chopping

Hey, I bought my tiberius t9.1 somewhere around 4 years ago. I've never been able to play a single game with it. I've tried different paints, co2, hpa, new detents, gravity hopper, electric hopper, multiple mags, cleaning and oiling thoroughly. Nothing seems to help it keeps chopping horribly. I gave up and let it sit for a couple years. As of yesterday I wanted to get it working again so I went out bought some valken graffity paint and filled up my air. When I got home I ran about 5 mags through it with the 12g co2 and had no chops. Today I hooked up my hpa w/ remote line and evey single mag I chopped at least one shot. I can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated!
Dan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2016, 10:04 PM #2
Drayven

has been a member for 10 years
Drayven works for a Paintball manufacturer
Couple questions..
Are you still running mags with the bottle, or hopper?
Have you checked the output on your tank?
Are you switching out the co2 stem?
Are you taking out the remote adapter when running 12 grams?
The questions will help me get a better picture of your system, so we can get you up and going.

2717 W Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809
260-478-2500

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:20 AM #3
Dan1995

Thanks for the reply, Yes i was still running mags with the hpa.
I didn't check the output on the tank how do i do that? The gun did seem to uses a lot of air ( on a 3k psi tank 48ci it went down 1k psi after i shot maybe 80 rounds)
I am switching out the co2 stem and removing the remote adapter when running hpa.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:59 AM #4
Drayven

Any idea where your velocity is? The gun reg brings the pressure down, but I'm wondering if there might be some compensation between the different air systems. A shop will probably have to test output for you. Our standard tanks are usually around 700. Also, make sure the valve is all the way open. It potentially could be an obstruction in the air path from frequent removal and insertion of the remote adaptor. The rear block comes apart pretty easy if you're comfortable doing it...otherwise, I would suggest getting ahold of Chris at service@first-strike.com and getting it sent in.

2717 W Ferguson Road
260-478-2500

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Old 10-31-2016, 10:26 AM #5
Dan1995

Not sure what my velocity is yet im ordering a chronograph. I dialed the velocity right down to where it would only shoot maybe 50 feet and the gun would chop still adding to my confusion.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:41 AM #6
casperct
SUCKITEASY

casperct supports Cereal Killerz 2
casperct posts videos on PbNation
What kind of spring you got in your mag the red with paint will jack up paint !
how is first strike rnds working for you ?(oopps looks like it's fine on 12 grams ) Sounds like an air problem have you tried other tanks ?Perhaps a friends ? I only use 12 grams and fsr hard for me to say Chk your output on the tank and chrony. Look for an obstruction starting from your air inlet.

Originally Posted by warbeak2099(on .50 cal)
It gets 1k shots more per fill because of the lazering. Don't worry about it making sense, Chris Lasoya says it's true so that's good enough for me...

Seriously though, his shampoo has got to have ****ing heroine in it
casperct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:18 PM #7
Dan1995

I am using the normal silver spring not first strike. I have never used first strike rounds either, too expensive haha. I am wondering if my barrel was manufactured wrong? Reason i say this is because when i replaced the detents the other night ( broke them while cleaning) they do not want to sit in the grooves in the barrel. I have to force each end in place then push the middle of the detent down but ot wont stay put. The detent keeps popping up or twisting. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-02-2016, 01:13 AM #8
casperct
SUCKITEASY

casperct supports Cereal Killerz 2
casperct posts videos on PbNation
You said it fed fine on 12 grams not hpa,detents aren't an issue.

Originally Posted by warbeak2099(on .50 cal)
It gets 1k shots more per fill because of the lazering. Don't worry about it making sense, Chris Lasoya says it's true so that's good enough for me...

Seriously though, his shampoo has got to have ****ing heroine in it
casperct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:45 PM #9
Drayven

New detents have had some expansion in the past. Not uncommon with the material they are made with. A nice trick is to take a dead blow or soft mallet, turn the detent on its side, and hit it gently once or twice. Will help the detents slide in and stay. If you broke a detent during the 12 gram run, it could cause that.

2717 W Ferguson Road
260-478-2500

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Old 11-03-2016, 09:22 PM #10
Dan1995

I shot a few more mags last night with 12 gram co2. First mag good, second mag double fed then chopped, third mag had a couple that chopped. When i took the bareel out the detents were twisted and popping out. I just read your advice and banged them on their side, they went in no problem! Thanks a lot i will test the gun out again tomorrow night.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:22 AM #11
Dan1995

I got my chrono finally. While i was testing it out the co2 in the clip ran out. When i ejected the mag to put in another co2 i noticed paint broken before it entered the gun. I'm using valken graffity because the guy at my local paintball store said its great for mag fed markers. Do you guys think it's the paint or my mag is too hard on it?
Old 11-06-2016, 09:26 PM #12
Drayven

Graffiti is usually really good, but anything is possible. Old paint, dimples, etc. Have you looked at the bumper between the air chamber and the bolt? Just trying to put a picture together in my head..

2717 W Ferguson Road
260-478-2500

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Old 11-07-2016, 10:18 AM #13
Dan1995

The bumper between the air chamber and bolt seems fine. No imperfections on it. When i was in the process of chronoing my gun from 190-280fps it was doing well until i hit near 280. Started chopping more frequently. I only had one barrel break at around 250 fps and a lot of breach breaks around 280 fps.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:27 PM #14
Drayven

Get ahold of Chris at service@first-strike.com. It sounds like you should send the pieces in so we can look at them all to see whats going on.

2717 W Ferguson Road
260-478-2500

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP