Old 05-06-2012, 01:43 PM #106
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Fedo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
So. I've acquired an Aura with the prototype Valken parts on it. The trigger and the bolt specifically.

I haven't shot it but I am very impressed with the trigger. I was able to 3 finger in 14ish bps.
pictures and videos if possible please.

Fedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2012, 03:21 PM #107
Teahouser
that one guy

there's a video egoballa did with the mokal aura a bit ago, it's not the valken version but we're just talking about new milling, trigger, board, and bolt. so this looks like a cool little marker.

hey don i have a few questions.

does your valken proton also use the clapper noid found in the aura? it's a very simple yet durable noid, same as the wrath had, kinda cool to see it being used in a modern marker. so pretty much your marker takes the already light and efficient aura, then added sweet milling, finger groves in the foregrip so it's easier to hold and looks less flaccid, that's sweet.

can you talk about how your bolt is different from the aura's stock one? different design for lower pressure operation or gentler on paint?
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:27 PM #108
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Fedo is an NCPA player
A change in bolt, and board, and even the trigger can make a big difference in a gun. I do not want to make assumptions off the Aura about the Proton if these changes have been made.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 PM #109
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedo View Post
A change in bolt, and board, and even the trigger can make a big difference in a gun. I do not want to make assumptions off the Aura about the Proton if these changes have been made.
NPPL Chicago is close at hand, lets hope they have a few to check out

7pbA wants to buy your used gear!

Certified Planet Eclipse & Tippmann Tech Center
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:43 PM #110
watspaintball?
werd?

watspaintball? plays in the PSP
watspaintball? supports Team VICIOUS
watspaintball? is an NCPA player
watspaintball? plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post

there's a video egoballa did with the mokal aura a bit ago, it's not the valken version but we're just talking about new milling, trigger, board, and bolt. so this looks like a cool little marker.

hey don i have a few questions.

does your valken proton also use the clapper noid found in the aura? it's a very simple yet durable noid, same as the wrath had, kinda cool to see it being used in a modern marker. so pretty much your marker takes the already light and efficient aura, then added sweet milling, finger groves in the foregrip so it's easier to hold and looks less flaccid, that's sweet.

can you talk about how your bolt is different from the aura's stock one? different design for lower pressure operation or gentler on paint?
i had to turn the vid off because the sound signature of the gun was driving me insane
watspaintball? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:47 PM #111
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Fedo is an NCPA player
My sound is off... due to meeting soI took nothing away!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:23 PM #112
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
My sound is off... due to meeting soI took nothing away!
yeah i'm aware the proton is not the aura, but if they think it's a light tight marker and the proton improves an many aspects, it will probably be an awesome little marker for a decent price.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:41 PM #113
Tongaduder

Tongaduder plays in the APPA beginner division
Looks nice! Good luck
Tongaduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:45 PM #114
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Fedo is an NCPA player
I got hopes for the gun is all. From all I am reading it is going to be good.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 PM #115
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie

BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Played with the prototype today,all i gotta say is all haters and judgers will be shunned.the trigger is amazing,it screams quality.this gun really shoots like a luxe,i was blown away.scotty (archangelion) should have videos up soon.also,very comfy and by far the lightest gat I've held with full setup.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 PM #116
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Fedo is an NCPA player
Would love some videos if you can drop some links.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:56 PM #117
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie

BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Shot ultra evil , not a single break. Also its a true spoolie, no springs to return bolt crap (no pun intended to any markers out there)
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 AM #118
pankaks (Banned)
Painthuffin Time

pankaks is playing at Living Legends V
pankaks is for the Gunfight
pankaks is for the Gunfight
pankaks has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pankaks has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
id bend her over
pankaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM #119
Don @ Valken

Don @ Valken works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHauŠ¹² View Post
I can see this thread is positively charged
I greatly enjoyed this.

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong Valken Rep. Is this Valken's first attempt at an electronic marker or has there be plans and prototypes before?
Yes and no. Most of the staff here at Valken were old employees of National Paintball Supply \ Empire, before NPS\Empire was acquired by Angelo Gordon (a venture capital group) and merged with PMI\RPS to form KEE Action Sports. Most of the guys here eventually left KEE after the buyout (some left before\immediately\during the buyout).

The engineers and staff here helped develop the Mini (along with Simon Stevens, who is still at KEE), and basically any other product that NPS\Empire released before 2007.

In reality, a lot of the initial work was done by Mokal, and we tweaked some aspects to make it more appealing to the market. They came to us with a great shooting gun, and I think we've worked really hard to take it that extra 20% and make it really, really nice for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
This is an upgraded version of a marker from Canadian manufacturer Mokal, called the Aura. Valken is doing their own version, with (from what Ive read here from Don) a new bolt/board/different milling etc. The Aura has gotten great reviews from what Ive seen, hopefully this does well. Mokal has been around for a long time, making entry level STBBs and similar entry level markers. This one mlooks like a solid mid end marker for anyone on a budget or anyone needing a nice back-up marker.
Thanks man. I'm excited about the gun as well, I think it will be a real contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingi17 View Post
As someone previously said, is this gonna be at an event so I can hold it?
It pretty much travels around with Will Bourgault, the sales rep for the Northeast region. He's an animal--one of our best sales guys and is pretty much at an event every weekend. I was riding with him in the car the other week, and he mentioned that he was at a paintball event 40 weekends (out of 52!) last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
So. I've acquired an Aura with the prototype Valken parts on it. The trigger and the bolt specifically.

I haven't shot it but I am very impressed with the trigger. I was able to 3 finger in 14ish bps.
If you really do have one, make sure you've got a (relatively) updated board. The mode-saving is a big plus. There are more changes being made to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetails View Post
the engineering staff.

you mean mokal right?
Dave Bell, the inventor\owner of Viewloader (before being acquired by JT \ Brass Eagle), and Bob Ambrose (who was a previous KEE engineer, and worked on several very prominent and successful projects, both work full-time for Valken. They both consulted and work on this project nearly every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetails View Post
this. you waste so much energy forcing a gun to cycle that fast, yet only hit 12 bps.
Do you guys really think we're going to release a gun that shreds paint? You can adjust nearly every parameter to shoot fragile paint--dwell, input pressure, eye sensitivity, and ball in place\bolt delay. I was shooting chilled Redemption Pro from Huntington Beach (paint that would break from 12" drop) in uncapped PSP ramp with zero issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post

Same solenoid, performance is on par. I wasn't around when they were tweaking the bolt, but I believe they added a bevel to the bolt face where it indexes in the breech, to avoid stack clipping and basically push the next ball in the breech out of the way if using an extremely strong loader. It also assists in not chopping paint when used with the eyes off. I want to say that they changed the shape of the bolt face, but I'm not sure--don't hold me to that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX_BALLER 3 View Post
IF it has the same board as the aura then it sucks. It switches back to semi auto every time you turn the gun off. Who in the world thinks thats a good thing?
As somebody else mentioned, this was the *first* change to the board once we got ahold of it. More to come.

Last edited by Don @ Valken : 05-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Don @ Valken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:35 PM #120
TheColiseum71

TheColiseum71 donated to help Peyton Trent
TheColiseum71 is an NCPA player
TheColiseum71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
I actually am a professional scientist, your funeral. Good luck with it.

Don replied to your comments with courtesy and professionalism, and you got all butthurt and started talking about being a scientist. You're so awesome. I'm sure it kills Valken that the scientific community thinks their gun wont be successful.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 PM #121
one2follow
I'm on nation to much!

Annual Supporting Member
one2follow helped look for balloons
one2follow is playing at Living Legends III
one2follow is playing at Living Legends V
one2follow supports Bob Gurnsey
one2follow supports our troops
one2follow is reppin' sidebar 4 life
one2follow is Legendary
really looking forward to the release
one2follow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:55 PM #122
magicclam
sweet

Annual Supporting Member
magicclam owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
magicclam supports DLX Technology
magicclam supports Empire
So Don as a sales manager at my shop where we carry all major brands of markers, this marker will be going up on the wall next to its price competition.

So the question is how do you think it stands up against the new 2012 Rail (which is significantly better than all other models and my personal favorite for $250), Empire Mini, Planet Eclipse Etha, and perhaps the Gog Extacy and DP G4. The last 2 just because of price, i dont feel that they perform as well.
magicclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM #123
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
eatafetus supports our troops
eatafetus plays in the APPA D5 division
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus is Legendary
eatafetus supports Empire
Can't turn this into a vs thread.

Also, Don's probably slightly bias towards the proton. I doubt he's going to say, eh, I like the proto better.
eatafetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM #124
magicclam
sweet

Annual Supporting Member
magicclam supports DLX Technology
magicclam supports Empire
Just asking his personal opinion of features of the gun. Im not asking him bad mouth any marker. If you can't look at something in relation to another of similar nature, which is what goes though the mind of anyone who is part of an R&D team, people like Don would be out of work because the factory would put out a list of specs and you could only assume that it's the best at what it is.

Again im only asking for his personal opinion. He doesn't even have to name names, I don't care.
magicclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:34 PM #125
RyanR
shootin from the hip

has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
His opinion is his product.

I'd really like to get my hands on one of these and nothing in it's price range really interests me.

IOG
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:10 PM #126
keithj

Don, is there going to be a shooting and tech video of this gun on youtube anytime soon? A video of the gun shooting, weight of gun, and chrono. This is one of the best ways to show people your product and also calm down on all the people that are trashing the gun. If someone at valken would produce a video it would be amazing.
keithj is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.