Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-08-2013, 03:53 PM #715
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
I remember seeing this in the forums a long time ago. I always liked that design, whatever it is. I'm sure many sould have an issue with the extended trigger guard but still not a bad looking shooter.
Shoots really well too. At least mine does. One of my favorite shooters straight from the box.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM #716
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
Shoots really well too. At least mine does. One of my favorite shooters straight from the box.
The Rogue? I remember now the efficiency on them was pretty horrible. I think that's what killed it no?

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM #717
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
The Rogue? I remember now the efficiency on them was pretty horrible. I think that's what killed it no?
The efficiency wasn't great, but to my knowledge that wasn't the (only) issue. There were other issues (Asa, reg consistency, some bolts, etc.) we initial testers had. When Hostile Creations went to the manufacturer with these issues, they refused to fix them before the existing ones were sold. Hostile Creations refused to sell them with the "issues", so they decided to scrap the marker. The manufacturer (in Taiwan I believe) started a company called Hostile inc. to distribute the remaining markers. You can still buy the marker (now called the Rogue +) at their website. I think it is an awesome shooter, but I only play recreationally. An occasional errant spike in velocity isn't a huge deal for me. If you ever wish to try one out let me know. I will ship you mine for a test spin.

If any of my facts are wrong, please feel free to correct me Nationers. And for the record, I dealt with Hostile Creations and Hostile inc. and both experiences were fine. Hostile inc. didn't have great communication, but I received the upgraded parts (detents and Asa) I requested free of charge.

And to keep on topic, I love the Aura and will one day buy a Proton.

][nvert User IS A THIEF

Last edited by liverlip : 01-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM #718
MstrKey

rogue

Quote:
The efficiency wasn't great, but to my knowledge that wasn't the (only) issue. There were other issues (Asa, reg consistency, some bolts, etc.) we initial testers had. When Hostile Creations went to the manufacturer with these issues, they refused to fix them before the existing ones were sold. Hostile Creations refused to sell them with the "issues", so they decided to scrap the marker. The manufacturer (in Taiwan I believe) started a company called Hostile inc. to distribute the remaining markers. You can still buy the marker (now called the Rogue +) at their website. I think it is an awesome shooter, but I only play recreationally. An occasional errant spike in velocity isn't a huge deal for me. If you ever wish to try one out let me know. I will ship you mine for a test spin.

If any of my facts are wrong, please feel free to correct me Nationers. And for the record, I dealt with Hostile Creations and Hostile inc. and both experiences were fine. Hostile inc. didn't have great communication, but I received the upgraded parts (detents and Asa) I requested free of charge.

And to keep on topic, I love the Aura and will one day buy a Proton.
Ahhhh the wonders of making things in china. Let me guess they still want top dollar for them?

Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM #719
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
The Rogue was nice. I still miss mine. But the effeciency, constantly blowing ASA o-rings if used on normal-high pressure, and VERY inconsistent reg ruined it for me. I used it in one tourney but was pushing it on air every game, and the reg finally crapped out mid game. Comfiest marker I've ever shot though.

I don't even know if Hostile Inc. is even around. I tried and tried to email them but they wouldn't respond. I eventually found a eBay company selling Rogues and they tried to be a go between, but no luck.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 AM #720
ValkenWinter
Grumpy old Rockstar......

ValkenWinter works for a Paintball manufacturer
ValkenWinter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Proton rules that........

Old 01-10-2013, 02:41 PM #721
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Ahhhh the wonders of making things in china. Let me guess they still want top dollar for them?
They are ~$650 new. When working 100%, they are a great marker at a great price. Mine actually chronoed (more than once) +/- 2fps. I still think the Aura/Proton is a better value, maybe even the best value in a marker.

ValkenWinter, sorry for all this Rogue talk in your thread. Any idea if new colors (purple) are going to be released?

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 AM #722
ValkenWinter

Quote:
They are ~$650 new. When working 100%, they are a great marker at a great price. Mine actually chronoed (more than once) +/- 2fps. I still think the Aura/Proton is a better value, maybe even the best value in a marker.

ValkenWinter, sorry for all this Rogue talk in your thread. Any idea if new colors (purple) are going to be released?
You can have any color you want, as long as its black

Henry Ford
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM #723
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkenWinter View Post
You can have any color you want, as long as its black

Henry Ford
lol

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM #724
MstrKey

I only ever buy black guns anyway lol.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 PM #725
Gabe12
# 12

Gabe12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am more than strongly considering buying this marker, so that I can get back into playing paintball. I miss it so much.
Gabe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 AM #726
tranman

tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Has any polished the bolt shaft yet? Looks pretty rough...would probably increase efficiency a tiny bit
tranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 PM #727
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman View Post
Has any polished the bolt shaft yet? Looks pretty rough...would probably increase efficiency a tiny bit
The way it is, it looks like polishing it would lead to some tolerance issues.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:15 PM #728
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Agreed about the shaft. Although. It would take much to remanufacturer it.

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:27 PM #729
MstrKey

I know most companies leave a bit of roughness so the lube sticks better. In many cases the milling may be rough but the hard anno layer may still be pretty smooth. Hard to say since I don't actually own one lol.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:38 PM #730
LRSWRM

Maybe a new board, front grip buttons, and a new on/off switch that wont turn off the marker every time you dive.

I can dream, cant I ???
LRSWRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM #731
MstrKey

Running a gun on CO2 came up in another forum. I was thinking......the proton has a clapper noid. Has anyone rigged one to run on CO2 yet?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM #732
ValkenWinter

Quote:
Running a gun on CO2 came up in another forum. I was thinking......the proton has a clapper noid. Has anyone rigged one to run on CO2 yet?
Shreds the internal Soli rings.

Es no bueno..........
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 PM #733
MstrKey

CO2 proton

Well I figure you`ll need to run anti-siphon, inline filter and lube with dow 33 instead of gun oil.....it`s got to be half decent. I ran an old Matrix on Co2 with pretty darn good results. That`s with a standard noid.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 PM #734
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Quote:
Well I figure you`ll need to run anti-siphon, inline filter and lube with dow 33 instead of gun oil.....it`s got to be half decent. I ran an old Matrix on Co2 with pretty darn good results. That`s with a standard noid.
Don't want to sound stupid but why would you want to run CO2? Where I play all the fields only have HPA
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 AM #735
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
When I first saw this I thought,, "Wow, what an ugly gun". But now after looking at it more and seeing a shooting vid, my opinion has changed. It looks so nice. I'd say other then the DM, NT, and Geo markers, the Proton is one of the best looking guns out there to me.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.