ReplyNews Ups

Old 09-14-2012, 12:02 PM #463
orange!
i did it for the lulz

orange! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
orange! has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
i've seen just the opposite of this statement in all of my years of playing. just take a gander into any of the spool marker forums over the years.
QFT.

It looks nice, I'd like to try one out.
Nick Slowiak Fan #32
Bang bang.
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 06:27 PM #464
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
I love mine. Great marker for $300. Got it from YetiPB. It's one of two that come to our field atm. The field got one so far. Once they get to cranking out more, there will be alot of people going for them. They are easy to maintain and and have alot of nice options for a budget gun.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:35 PM #465
ZebC
*sigh*

ZebC supports Team VICIOUS
ZebC is for the Gunfight
ZebC is for the Gunfight
ZebC supports Pev's Paintball
Just got to shoot one. Love it!
Zebulin Azariah #8
ZebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:46 PM #466
venom1256
Scrooge McDuck

venom1256 plays in the PSP
venom1256 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
venom1256 is an NCPA player
venom1256 plays in the APPA D3 division
Will these be at cup? Might pick one up if so.
venom1256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:04 PM #467
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
i've seen just the opposite of this statement in all of my years of playing. just take a gander into any of the spool marker forums over the years.
I'm willing to bet most budget gun owners have never even come onto any forums lol. Forums are not an indicator of general behavior. They're the exact opposite. I may be wrong but go to any paintball field on open day and there's usually a few guys fixing guns for everyone else because most people don't care to learn how, or have neglected their equipment I used to be one of those fixer guys lol.

If things are different in your area and people do a good job of maintaining their gear then all the power to them. You have some wise players and I applaud them for learning. In my experience people are pretty damn lazy lol.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 PM #468
ValkenWinter
Grumpy old Rockstar......

ValkenWinter works for a Paintball manufacturer
ValkenWinter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
I'm willing to bet most budget gun owners have never even come onto any forums lol. Forums are not an indicator of general behavior. They're the exact opposite. I may be wrong but go to any paintball field on open day and there's usually a few guys fixing guns for everyone else because most people don't care to learn how, or have neglected their equipment I used to be one of those fixer guys lol.

If things are different in your area and people do a good job of maintaining their gear then all the power to them. You have some wise players and I applaud them for learning. In my experience people are pretty damn lazy lol.
I can agree with both sides of the discussion. I've seen both worlds. I'd give it more along the lines of 60% not caring for gear. I spent 6 yrs at Skirmish as the head guntech (we fixed EVERYTHING) and have been on the road with Planet Eclipse for the past 5.

What I can honestly say is that no matter what something costs, if they are to lazy, ignorant or yep, gonna say it....STUPID to work on it, they wont.
ValkenWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM #469
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
looks alright, ive been hearing decent things about it
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:05 AM #470
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D4 division
lp04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Good news, Valken has shipped out orders to their dealers. I got news yesterday that mine has shipped, it was on back order for over 3 weeks. Looking at other websites they all have them in stock
Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 AM #471
house#21
$INFECTIOUS$

Don't look bad at all, could make a fun single ball'n marker

Jimmy forakis fan club president!
house#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 PM #472
tranman

tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Just got mine today, the trigger is a bit heavy and the gripframe has some weird dents and a circular dent that wasnt smoothed out before anodizing. Not a huge deal considering the price. Will shoot it tomorrow.
tranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 PM #473
jmfknpizzle

jmfknpizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmfknpizzle is attending Decay of Nations VI
Shot mine and love it barrel rise isn't bad for how light the gun is

We need a valken section in the gun section
jmfknpizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:35 PM #474
Zweifinger
Team Bayou Ballistics

Annual Supporting Member
Zweifinger owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Zweifinger supports Pev's Paintball
Zweifinger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zweifinger has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zweifinger supports DLX Technology
My team mate just bought the proton and switch the internal switches on the board to locked psp, however when he attempted to reboot or turn on the gun it will not respond. He changed the battery, checked all the connections, and cleaned the marker completely and it will still not turn on. Any thoughts or ideas on how to resolve this issue or should he be contracting valken for repair of the marker?

Houston HPL

~~LUXEMOB~~

My Setup: DLX Luxe 2.0 (Pewter/Gold)--Virtue Spire--Ninja 68/45
Zweifinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:49 PM #475
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
check the front grip for proper alignment, try to turn it on with the front grip peice removed, if it isnt aligned properly the button will not activate
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 PM #476
Zweifinger
Team Bayou Ballistics

Annual Supporting Member
Zweifinger owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Zweifinger supports Pev's Paintball
Zweifinger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zweifinger has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zweifinger supports DLX Technology
This was attempted with no success. Powering on and off was performed with proper alignment and was attempted with the cover on and removed.

Houston HPL

~~LUXEMOB~~

My Setup: DLX Luxe 2.0 (Pewter/Gold)--Virtue Spire--Ninja 68/45
Zweifinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 PM #477
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

Annual Supporting Member
jeryzkid22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeryzkid22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What is the dealer price?
jeryzkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 PM #478
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
Check your connector with the harness
Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 AM #479
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryzkid22 View Post
What is the dealer price?
why don't you use your dealer login at valken's online store and find out

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 AM #480
ValkenWinter
Grumpy old Rockstar......

ValkenWinter works for a Paintball manufacturer
ValkenWinter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweifinger View Post
This was attempted with no success. Powering on and off was performed with proper alignment and was attempted with the cover on and removed.
Check your PMs....
ValkenWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM #481
flalasoya
Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
I love mine. Great marker for $300. Got it from YetiPB. It's one of two that come to our field atm. The field got one so far. Once they get to cranking out more, there will be alot of people going for them. They are easy to maintain and and have alot of nice options for a budget gun.
how would you compare it to an axe?
flalasoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM #482
RonniePB
Dream Loud Clothing

Annual Supporting Member
RonniePB plays in the PSP
RonniePB supports Team VICIOUS
RonniePB posts videos on PbNation
RonniePB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by flalasoya View Post
how would you compare it to an axe?
I got to shoot the proton yesterday. For the price it's a very nice gun. The only thing I wasn't too crazy about the front grip. I didn't like how the buttons were on the handle, because it was very easy to change the modes with the tap of a button.

Comparing it to an axe I would definitely have to say the proton is smaller, but the axe shoots and feels better in the hands. But like I said, it's a solid gun for the price.

PROVE THEM WRONG.
RonniePB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM #483
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
I'm going to do an initial review of the proton.

I am an ex-owner of a 2011 Mokal Aura, While the gun shot and felt nice it did have some kinks in it that the Proton has addressed. The programming on the board was something that you would find in a $125 electronic gun and could not keep it shooting consistantly in PSP 12.5 not something that you would want to use in serious competetive play.
Also the trigger was garbage, Could not keep a steady stream with it.

I recieved my Proton today, Opening the package I was impressed with what I saw. The gun was in a cardboard box with a foam cut out for the gun, it included a parts kit with o-rings to keep the gun in service for a long time, it also included an extra set of detents and springs.

First thing I did was to play with the trigger, and I must give it to Valken, This trigger is nice, there is 0 side to side play but the pull was a bit stiff. I will be cutting down the spring a couple coils and this should losen it up a bit and keep the responsiveness needed to reset the trigger.

After I played with the trigger, I then took the front grip off and set the board up to PSP 12.5 re-installed the front grip and noticed that it was easier to align than the previous aura model, Turned the gun on and the eyes off and clicked the noid, PSP was easily kept like it is supposed to be instead of the aura where you had to walk the trigger to keep a stream.

I have a scuba tank but unluckily only had about 300 psi in it, So i screwed the tank into the ASA on the Proton. and attatched the fill nipple to my filling station on the scuba tank. Put my Vlocity jr onto the marker and adjusted the feedneck accordingly.

I put a pod of paint into my loader, turned the gun on and starting shooting in PSP 12. The gun shot wonderfully, a low sound signature ( using a deadly wind null barrel ) and very low felt recoil. I ended up shooting the scuba tank down to around 150 psi and at that point I was no longer able to get full velocity out of the Proton ( guessing around 220 fps ).

I then attatched my other tank to my infinity legend and although it was not able to get full velocity out of the 150 psi it was shooting slightly hotter than the Proton.

First impressions of the Proton are great, The marker is super light, feels great in the hands, small but yet comfortable for a big person ( i'm 6 ft 245 lbs ) very thin overall and also short. Internal air routing.Feedneck is high quality, the trigger is about the best you will find on a stock marker especially for the price Very smooth firing, low sound signature and the ASA is one of the easiest to use on the market.

The bad? there are no upgrades available for it, however I do not think that the gun needs anything.

I took a few pictures of the gun, 1 by itself and 1 comparing its size to an Infinity Legend. So here are the pictures.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.