Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-24-2016, 08:36 AM #1
Halo Too Question

Hi guys, trying to get back into the hobby and I just had a quick question. Are Halo hoppers not considered good anymore? I've seen them going for pretty cheap so I was considering getting one to cut the cost on getting back into the sport. However I saw someone the other day make a comment like "I can't believe they still make these." This made me a little uneasy and question whether or not they can still keep up with newer markers. As far as which marker I'm getting I'm considering an Axe or an older DM or maybe a Rize Maxxed. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_amass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 08-24-2016, 11:13 AM #2
Collie Runner
Collie Runner has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Collie Runner supports Ninja Paintball
I was up until about 3 months ago still using my empire B2, still works just fine after all these years(12 to be exact). Most fields wont allow higher than 15 bps anyway. If it works, run it. The only reason i made my B2 my back up was the shell. Tired of replacing them.
Collie Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:04 PM #3
 has been a member for 10 years
rotorhead plays in the APPA D5 division
They work fine, their problem is the shells were weak and they break all the time. I still have one as a backup, on its 3rd shell and it is cracked!
Check out the Join Date and Shut Up!
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:45 PM #4
Xmodded Karta Emag
 has been a member for 10 years
Still using my Reloader B. IMO I think they're actually more reliable than both the Spire or Rotor when it comes to use on the field. Between the jams or halves flying off, the new loaders are far from perfect. The biggest weakness to the Halo/Reloader B is the shell. They're also a little heavier.
FlawleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:09 AM #5
Reeks of class
Annual Supporting Member
They are just an older design, nothing wrong with it. They are just on the heavy side and can be a pain to take apart.

At that price point I would pick up a used Rotor. Or wait for the new GI LVL to come out. That looks like it may take over the mid-range market.

Did we take video or photos of you looking awesome?
Instagram * NHW Paintball * Facebook

dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote