Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM #43
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Still wish I'd went with the "Don't buy one" as my things not to do with a Vmax. 2nd most dissappointing hopper I'd ever used, even after sending it back to Valken twice still wouldn't keep up with 12 bps.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2012, 04:38 PM #44
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Still wish I'd went with the "Don't buy one" as my things not to do with a Vmax. 2nd most dissappointing hopper I'd ever used, even after sending it back to Valken twice still wouldn't keep up with 12 bps.
Send it to me
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 AM #45
DevilDog336
Todd Walker #11

Annual Supporting Member
DevilDog336 is BST Trusted
DevilDog336 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
For those of you having feed rate issues, see my Valken V-Max Failed thread. That is the explanation of low feed rates, and sometimes no feed rates. After I repaired it with upgraded gears and re-drilled the primary drive gear dowel hole it is absolutely perfect. Feed rate went way up, no more lag. Now in my opinion this was an oversight by Valken. With a properly placed dowel pin those stock gears may be alright. But there is so much play in the pin and hat that the drive gear and idler gear separate when a load is put on them. The reason its feeding slow is because when those gears separate it will skip teeth. After a while it will wear down the teeth and stop feeding all together. If any of you need it, I can offer a rebuilt and improved servo motor.

I love Valken products, and this one has great potential, but they need to recall the servo motor assemblies and replace them with better built, more precise units.
A by product of mass and rapid production.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM #46
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Hey I'm curious as to how you guys managed to get a ramping effect after extended firing strings. I've gone over the circuitry 10 times and can't find how you have increased the voltage to the motor incrementally. There are no capacitors and the timer is wired straight.

I've also spent a few hours trying to figure out the parasitic drain. I think its in the sensor wheel board. With the batteries plugged in and the power off there is 5 volts(logic) feeding to the sensor from the main board. If it were simply straight wired then you would be seeing 18v at all hot terminals since the batteries are wired in series. Reading 5 volts means that the current is being regulated by a series of resistors prior to the sensor. This mean there is heat being transmitted through the resistors which means there is a guaranteed drain on the circuit.

I really do want to know about the ramping though.
Valken, you guys still here? Haven't heard from you in a while and I'd like the answer to that question.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 PM #47
Tempted (Banned)

Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 AM #48
Tempted (Banned)

Lonely. I'm mister lonely. I have nobody. To answer the phone.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 AM #49
paintballjonny

paintballjonny supports DLX Technology
I've been looking for a v-max solution/discussion forum forever I need a better front hook
paintballjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:05 AM #50
Jloflorida

Jloflorida owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
is vmax going to release the new vmax 2 impeller for the OG vmax?

and do we have an eta on the new board that will fix the drain?

My wifes Gats: Geo 2.0 black n blue/07 ego blue

been shooting fools since 1999
Jloflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:23 AM #51
MikeC13
STATIC Virginia

I had one that wandered off with an ex-teammate after being used as a backup hopper.

I always played at either 10.5 or 12.5 with mine, and it always seemed to be able to keep up. This is on an Axe with a CP Ion feedneck. Some of my teammates had issues, and we were of the opinion that the feedneck difference between markers may have been a factor because of the no-stack-tension design.

Hopefully the new V2 will assess some of the feed issues some folks seem to have, it has a nice low profile and is lightweight.

The only time mine has let me down was during a clinic, it turned itself off due to inactivity and I did'nt think to turn it back on. So my own fault I suppose. This was walking into a snap shooting drill against Justin Rabackoff too, I needed all the help I could get!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM #52
Jloflorida

Jloflorida owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC13 View Post
I had one that wandered off with an ex-teammate after being used as a backup hopper.

I always played at either 10.5 or 12.5 with mine, and it always seemed to be able to keep up. This is on an Axe with a CP Ion feedneck. Some of my teammates had issues, and we were of the opinion that the feedneck difference between markers may have been a factor because of the no-stack-tension design.

Hopefully the new V2 will assess some of the feed issues some folks seem to have, it has a nice low profile and is lightweight.

The only time mine has let me down was during a clinic, it turned itself off due to inactivity and I did'nt think to turn it back on. So my own fault I suppose. This was walking into a snap shooting drill against Justin Rabackoff too, I needed all the help I could get!
lol well i got the vmax for my wife's 07 ego, (she is not very strong) and the halo b was way to heavy. vmax with 9v li ion batts = 15 oz. halo b with 6 aa 26 oz.

My wifes Gats: Geo 2.0 black n blue/07 ego blue

been shooting fools since 1999
Jloflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM #53
secretsquirrel0321

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog336 View Post
A by product of mass and rapid production.
I think it defeats the purpose of buying the hopper if you have to rebuild the inside to get it to do what it's advertised to do.

I've played two full days with mine and it has been a huge disappointment. I play on semi and it can't keep up with short bursts of walking the trigger (I play woodsball). I spend half the time pressing the button while behind a bunker to prepare to take my next shot or shaking the thing while trying to shoot.

Also mine has been picky about the brand of batteries even when they were fresh out of the pack.

I used to have a halo too when i played a few years ago and it never let me down. I stopped playing for a couple years and wanted to try something different and went with the vmax since I love the other Valken products I own. I really wish I would have went with the halo again or saved a little more money for a rotor.

I shoot a stock macdev drone dx.
secretsquirrel0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:03 PM #54
secretsquirrel0321

Oops, meant to quote tempted about how he/she replaced or adjusted a bunch of internals and now it works.
secretsquirrel0321 is offline   Reply With Quote