trevisw513
2 Corinthians 5: 17

trevisw513 plays in the PSP
trevisw513 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
trevisw513 plays in the APPA D4 division
trevisw513 is attending Decay of Nations VI
trevisw513 supports DLX Technology
High School Paintball Team

Okay my son is a Freshman, there are a few guys that want to start a school team. Is there any place i can access to get information or ideas on the best way to do this idea. We will only get one shot to approach the School with this idea. Thanks for your time and God bless.

Trevis
trevisw513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM #2
david0902

david0902 is playing at Living Legends V
david0902 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
david0902 is for the Gunfight
david0902 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevisw513 View Post
Okay my son is a Freshman, there are a few guys that want to start a school team. Is there any place i can access to get information or ideas on the best way to do this idea. We will only get one shot to approach the School with this idea. Thanks for your time and God bless.

Trevis
check out the NCPA website i think that they added high school divisions this year. Also you can make a club for your school and play in local tournaments.
david0902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 PM #3
Dranion

Dranion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
What we did when I was in High School was make a club for it. We just go into it playing local tournaments and stuff like that we didn't get any funding help but they backed us and we were allowed to us the schools name.
Dranion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:51 PM #4
venvad123
East Coast Army

venvad123 is playing at Living Legends V
venvad123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
venvad123 supports Team VICIOUS
venvad123 posts videos on PbNation
venvad123 supports Pev's Paintball
venvad123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You don't need the schools permission to start. Just get a couple of kids together and play, try to get a faculty member to host a group of kids in their classroom after school some days to just talk about paintball. Once you have set that up, then I would approach the school if you want to make it an "official" team or club.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 PM #5
Sun

Sun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sun has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sun has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
just talk to the school about it, doubt they would want to
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 PM #6
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
Ok, the first advise I have is slow down. Paintball is an edge sport, with a bad/misleading appearance and reputation to non-paintball people. So unless you know some one in the higher-ups of faculty that has extensive paintball knowledge you have to be careful. There is a stereotype that paintball players are dangerous, violent, wanna be army adrenaline ruled guys(or girls). While it is true that paintball is high adrenaline the others are not true 100% of the time. Another thing that you might take into consideration is is your son's school private or public. You will almost always have a much harder time with public than private. Reasons being, public schools have a much harder time throwing away money on a fringe sport like paintball(in my experience). Depending on where you are there can also be more violence in public schools(not always, but where I live), which could take away from your future paintball team. Next, how many kids do you have behind this movement. If you have only a few then your chances are decreased, not erased, but lowered. When I went to my principle to start about talking a club i pitched my idea, "and by the way, about an 1/8 of the student body said they might be interested in joining." Size of the want improves your chances. Next topic, don't ask for full funding right away. Unless you go to an uber rich school, when you tell them the potential cost, they will tell you were the door is. Start small, if you are looking for a free ride, from any source, for a brand new team you should rethink your strategy. Ask the school to get you jerseys with the schools logo on them, next year ask them to cover entry, next year ask them to buy one box of paint per event, so on and so forth. If you want instantaneous results, well, you can't always get what cha want.

This is all from personal experience. Every school will be different. Just because I said something definitely does not mean its true, i could be dead wrong. I am currently working on something that I hope will significantly grow high school paintball, so I can see what your going through. Feel free to pm me anytime if you have any questions.

p.s. sorry about grammar

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote