Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2012, 01:20 PM #1
Toler 21
quid pro quo precious

Apex 2 discussion; Team hooptie conversion for dye ultralite or full apex barrel set

I have a dye .684 barrel back and I'm looking at buying a .680 but for my pumps I want to buy the apex 2. Should I buy the full apex barrel or go with the team hooptie tip that screws into the UL barrel? OR should I just spend the money and buy a freak kit/barrel?
Toler 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM #2
Mr. Stealthy

The barrel that comes with the combo isn't very nice. I think the hooptie would be a nice combo (am actually considering one myself). I like the idea of being able to slap an apex on a UL/CF Boomstick.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 PM #3
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
does the hoptie fit the organial apex
Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 PM #4
Toler 21
quid pro quo precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
The barrel that comes with the combo isn't very nice. I think the hooptie would be a nice combo (am actually considering one myself). I like the idea of being able to slap an apex on a UL/CF Boomstick.
Ya I honestly cannot decide. I am almost positive I'll be buying one of some kind and agree with you that the best choice would most likely be the team hooptie conversion tip but I thought maybe someone who has actually used it could offer some advice for guys like us lol. I'm actually looking at purchasing the GOG apex/apex 2 conversion kit for my freak barrel. I just thought maybe by some wierd chance the regular apex barrel might prove a better purchase because ya never know ha ha.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:36 PM #5
Toler 21
quid pro quo precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkerupwnd View Post
does the hoptie fit the organial apex
No it only fits the apex 2 which brings up my next question; which apex is the best; 1 or 2?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:24 AM #6
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toler 21 View Post
No it only fits the apex 2 which brings up my next question; which apex is the best; 1 or 2?
The Apex 2 has just a little more adjustability. Best is kind of a relative term depending on what you want. The stock barrel on the Apex 2 is prety much crap (think tippmann a5.). It is a very large bore, minimally finished and doesn't have hardly any porting. Its not worth the extra $10 or so added onto the apex.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 PM #7
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
How long is the barrel with this hooptie and apex tip?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 PM #8
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
How long is the barrel with this hooptie and apex tip?
The Hooptie tip is prety short. I don't have one yet but it looks around the same length as the stock Apex 2 on a UL from what I have seen. Obviously going to be an inch longer with the CF Boomy.