Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM #1
DemskeetSkeet

What's the going rate for Automags & anyone use AGD Service?

I've got a classic automag with level 10, retro valve, double trigger frame & a single trigger frame. A few barrels, a 6" drop, vertical fore grip, extra rail(RT version).

I think that's about it. I'd like to get into paintball again. I know it leaks somewhere from the level 10 bolt or retro valve(nothing critical). I lubed everything up before it was put away 2-4 years ago so the o-rings are good.

I am considering on sending it to AGD for an estimate/tuning/repair with what's needed. My concern is that I'll be spending more money on tuning/repair(if needed) than what it's worth. If that's the case I'd rather just sell it.

Anyways, does anyone have an estimated value and/or have had experience with AGD service center?

Thank you very much
DemskeetSkeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 AM #2
bigbthebenji
Purveyor of Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
bigbthebenji is an NCPA player
bigbthebenji has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
bigbthebenji is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
bigbthebenji is Legendary
bigbthebenji is Boss
Keep it. If a mag leaks, a $20-30 parts kit and a little maintenance is the MAX you really need to put into it. They really are amazing guns and are workhorses. I'd suggest picking up an automag maintenance vhs (I think you can view it on youtube too) and just fixing the leak yourself. If you don't want to do it yourself, I am sure a bunch of guys here or on AO would be willing to fix it up for little to no cost (other than small parts).

If you do end up selling it, I'd say you'd probably be able to get close to $225-$250, maybe a bit less because the market is weak at the moment.
bigbthebenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM #3
DemskeetSkeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
Keep it. If a mag leaks, a $20-30 parts kit and a little maintenance is the MAX you really need to put into it. They really are amazing guns and are workhorses. I'd suggest picking up an automag maintenance vhs (I think you can view it on youtube too) and just fixing the leak yourself. If you don't want to do it yourself, I am sure a bunch of guys here or on AO would be willing to fix it up for little to no cost (other than small parts).

If you do end up selling it, I'd say you'd probably be able to get close to $225-$250, maybe a bit less because the market is weak at the moment.
Thank you very much! I sent another email to AGD to get an estimate as I have narrowed it down to a couple of things. The Level 10 is not spaced correctly with the washers/shims, brass rings, etc. I don't have any of those spacers(I can't find them) and The o-rings around the trigger assembly were broken so I may just end up sending it back to them if the price is less than half of what it's worth.

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM #4
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
few things that may help tremendously

mags can be completely submerged under water when pressurized which can help to find and point leak severity and location.

the automag how to videos should all be on youtube, let us know if you can not find them.

usualy a smaller carrier size or a new carrier oring will fix a leak out the barrel with a lvlx, the other thing to watch is the amount of shims, too few it may not vent air properly, and too many it may leak constantly. 2 -3 shims seems like the butterzone.
KartaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM #5
DemskeetSkeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartaKeeper View Post
few things that may help tremendously

mags can be completely submerged under water when pressurized which can help to find and point leak severity and location.

the automag how to videos should all be on youtube, let us know if you can not find them.

usualy a smaller carrier size or a new carrier oring will fix a leak out the barrel with a lvlx, the other thing to watch is the amount of shims, too few it may not vent air properly, and too many it may leak constantly. 2 -3 shims seems like the butterzone.
Thank you very much!

I'll have to go through all of my paintball gear to try to find these carriers/spacers/shims.

If not, is their a kit out there that I can buy with just those items or do I have to buy another level 10 bolt to get those spare parts?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 PM #6
vnandez
VICTOR

vnandez has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You will have better luck with Tunamart for your parts kit and getting any service done to your mag. I tried agd and they never responded. Tunamart got my gun fixed at a good price and shipped it back ASAP.

If you want you can always get a parts kit from eBay and watch Tom Kaye explain the proper function and maintenance of your mag. You can also find the manual on the agd site. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM #7
DemskeetSkeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnandez View Post
You will have better luck with Tunamart for your parts kit and getting any service done to your mag. I tried agd and they never responded. Tunamart got my gun fixed at a good price and shipped it back ASAP.

If you want you can always get a parts kit from eBay and watch Tom Kaye explain the proper function and maintenance of your mag. You can also find the manual on the agd site. Good luck.
Thanks!

Tunaman finally got a hold of me after several days(Must have been on vacation or something).

I am sending it off to him after getting a hold of AGD and got a RA number for my servicing but Tunaman got a hold of me so I'll send it to him.

Thanks everyone!

AGD was going to charge $65 plus return shipping, I'll let ya know what Tunaman charges me.

Take care
-Matt