Community Focus

Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 PM #127
TheHoneyBadger
Front player SHPK sting

TheHoneyBadger supports Team VICIOUS
TheHoneyBadger supports Pev's Paintball
TheHoneyBadger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Itll be on TSN... I hope

Party in the front, buisness in the back. Exactly why I play front.
Make sure to subscribe to me on youtube: Sean60001
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 PM #128
troyus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Trumbo View Post
There are a lot of factors that really keep paintball on a hinge. Unlike snowboarding, motorcross, skating, ect, when you get gear you have to continually pay for things. Paint, entrance, air. a skateboard you can get for 120 bucks and ride anywhere and do tricks and whatever. motorcross you get your bike, and once you have your gear you can pay for gas and ride anywhere in the desert. Probably the biggest limitation for paintball in my mind is the cost of it all. Idk how many of you guys go to the HB paintball tournament in SoCal but if you guys remember in like 2008 there were vendors everywhere and people going around checking things out. Seems so empty now compared to then. I guess i honestly feel that paintball is to closed off from everything else to succeed at the moment. My hopes are high though and i fully support paintballs growth!! Maybe one day it was make a change
Having actually raced motorcycles, I can tell you it is much, much, much more expensive than paintball. I've gone through many thousands of dollars in tires and blown engines in a single day. You are confusing motocross with trail riding, very different, totally different bikes.

Biggest problem is format. It is not exciting to watch paintball. I can't get my girlfriend to watch paintball. She will watch MotoGP, Football, and WCT.

Last edited by troyus : 01-03-2013 at 11:22 PM.
troyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM #129
Zach-Ramirez

Zach-Ramirez is playing at Living Legends VI
Zach-Ramirez owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Zach-Ramirez supports DLX Technology
bump
Zach-Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 PM #130
xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xXhunter47Xx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lol wat.

I don't see professional paintball making anywhere near as big as a following of snowboarding or even competitive ice skating.

It's hard to follow and with the various different leagues that would make it near impossible to follow all the teams.
Now if we had ONE team per city and one single format, then yes that would make it simpler. There's way too many teams in a single city to follow.

Look at San Diego, there's like 3 different teams here alone.
Dynasty, Aftermath and Pirates.

$50,000 a month is way too much, engineers make that much in half a year, and that's AFTER they've trained their ***** off for a masters degree.
$50,000 a year seems more likely.

Unfortunately, about 99% of the $50,000 will go towards travel and paint/admission funds.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 PM #131
perfectpixie2005
LS1-28mpg and 350hp

Paintball live? No. But strap everyone with gopros, some overhead cameras like the nfl and some creative editing it'll definitely work on tv.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM #132
Hammar

No, especially in a political climate where children in schools point their fingers like a gun and get suspended.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:53 PM #133
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
No. When you think about it, paintball is pretty dumb.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM #134
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultranoobify View Post
No. When you think about it, paintball is pretty dumb.
Because........................
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 AM #135
gopb1005

Football went somewhere. Baseball went somewhere. Soccer went somewhere. Time will tell.
gopb1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:45 PM #136
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopb1005 View Post
Football went somewhere. Baseball went somewhere. Soccer went somewhere. Time will tell.
Positive attitude, I like it
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM #137
Ruben808
RobbinRuben

Ruben808 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Ruben808 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ruben808 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I just heard from quite a few coaches and players not too long ago that Paintball will be in the X-games
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 PM #138
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopb1005 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben808 View Post
I just heard from quite a few coaches and players not too long ago that Paintball will be in the X-games
Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM #139
pembo0630
Mizzou

pembo0630 is playing at Living Legends V
pembo0630 is playing at Living Legends VI
pembo0630 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pembo0630 is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost93 View Post
That's the kind of post I expect from a person living in Lawrence, Kansas.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 PM #140
Danny1oVe
1oVe PAINTBALL

Danny1oVe supports Team VICIOUS
Danny1oVe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This is just my personal opinion, but paintball companies need to step up first by lower quality paintball prices. If one company drops there top level paintball price to lets say $30 for 2000 rounds, all consumers (players) will go buy those paintball's and sooner or later other companies will have to compete with that price (Like Gas Price around your town). All it really is supply and demand. When price decrease, demand increase. I'm only a freshman in college, trying to get my business marketing degree, so I'm not saying I'm right, but listening to my professor in my economics class. It all makes sense. I'm set on, my career being part of paintball. Starting a paintball company myself with lower prices for paintball's because that is the one factor people don't want to play. Personally that's why I stop for a little, I could not afford it.

So to conclude this idea. Some paintball companies need to take the first step and not just think about the money but about the sport. Because if no company makes the first move, paintball will remain where it is now

Thanks for reading. PLEASE Pm if you think the same way! We can definitely talk some more
Danny1oVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM #141
Tryfan

Paint from stores is already pretty cheap.

The problem there is that most fields won't let you use it, because it cuts into THEIR profits. And a lot of fields have utterly STUPID paint prices that basically drive most their potential market away.

As for pro paintball, it will be a non-entity until it matures. As long as problems like "wiping is just a penalty" and "how many people per team" and "no one can see a thing watching it!" persist, it will not go anywhere.
Tryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 AM #142
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny1oVe View Post
This is just my personal opinion, but paintball companies need to step up first by lower quality paintball prices. If one company drops there top level paintball price to lets say $30 for 2000 rounds, all consumers (players) will go buy those paintball's and sooner or later other companies will have to compete with that price (Like Gas Price around your town). All it really is supply and demand. When price decrease, demand increase. I'm only a freshman in college, trying to get my business marketing degree, so I'm not saying I'm right, but listening to my professor in my economics class. It all makes sense. I'm set on, my career being part of paintball. Starting a paintball company myself with lower prices for paintball's because that is the one factor people don't want to play. Personally that's why I stop for a little, I could not afford it.

So to conclude this idea. Some paintball companies need to take the first step and not just think about the money but about the sport. Because if no company makes the first move, paintball will remain where it is now

Thanks for reading. PLEASE Pm if you think the same way! We can definitely talk some more
I wonder if you realize that this is exactly what paintball manufacturers were doing. One company would lower prices and all the other companies had no choice but to follow suit. This led to several paintball manufacturers going belly up and others forced to sellout or merge with other companies. So it worked. Paintballs got as cheap as they could possibly get (actually a little cheaper). The market place made it happen.

But in everything there are limits to how low it can go. Can fast food places sell burgers for 10 cents today? Yeah, for about a day. Much longer and fast food joints start closing down.

We can all wish that paintballs will eventually be sold for virtually nothing, but wishing it, doesn't make it so. You know what they say, try wishing in on pot and crapping in another pot and see which one fills up first.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 AM #143
Danny1oVe
1oVe PAINTBALL

Danny1oVe supports Team VICIOUS
Danny1oVe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I wonder if you realize that this is exactly what paintball manufacturers were doing. One company would lower prices and all the other companies had no choice but to follow suit. This led to several paintball manufacturers going belly up and others forced to sellout or merge with other companies. So it worked. Paintballs got as cheap as they could possibly get (actually a little cheaper). The market place made it happen.

But in everything there are limits to how low it can go. Can fast food places sell burgers for 10 cents today? Yeah, for about a day. Much longer and fast food joints start closing down.

We can all wish that paintballs will eventually be sold for virtually nothing, but wishing it, doesn't make it so. You know what they say, try wishing in on pot and crapping in another pot and see which one fills up first.
ok ok, but im not saying your should lower prices to the point where you dont get any profit. i bet it cost manufacturers make each paintball for a penny or even less. 1cent a paintball =20$ for 2000 paintballs. why dont they sell paint for 30 a case. people will still buy, maybe more.

I dont know. there are a lot of factors but im just saying that it doesnt cost much to make paintballs, all im saying is that just to lower cost by 10$. it makes a huge difference.
Danny1oVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 AM #144
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny1oVe View Post
ok ok, but im not saying your should lower prices to the point where you dont get any profit. i bet it cost manufacturers make each paintball for a penny or even less. 1cent a paintball =20$ for 2000 paintballs. why dont they sell paint for 30 a case. people will still buy, maybe more.

I dont know. there are a lot of factors but im just saying that it doesnt cost much to make paintballs, all im saying is that just to lower cost by 10$. it makes a huge difference.
I love American' s view of economics. It's what made America great. It's what built America into the world power it is; ingenuity and doing it cheaper than the other guy; the guys that can't keep up fall to the wayside.

I daresay it might be the ruination of America as well though. It seems there are others in the world who also have ingenuity and are able to make stuff cheaper and when your economy is so focused on consumerism, and your consumer dollars start going to build other economies, who ends up falling to the wayside? Just be careful you don't fall too much in love with your American economics teachers...they may be a dieing breed. But that's enough economics (politics). Hopefully I'll be able to buy Danny's Premium paintballs for a fraction of today's prices ten years from now. Maybe they'll even be made in the USA.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:40 AM #145
nelly_van

One final thing to keep in mind is that the price of a field isnít the only thing to pay attention to. Some fields are simply more fun for certain players than others. When you choose where you are going to play, pay close attention to the enjoyment you get from going and go where you get the best value for your dollar.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:59 PM #146
INSAN3 BAN4NA

INSAN3 BAN4NA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
INSAN3 BAN4NA has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
INSAN3 BAN4NA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
One day.. One day..
PSP has the most potential because of the set bps, awesome webcasts and how many teams there are on all divisions.
They will never ever have $50,000 per month per player. $50,000 a year maybe. They would have to have owners for the teams that would buy the paint, tech the guns and run a field. It would be difficult but possible.
The X games would make a lot of sense, even if the players would have to pay. At least to bring widespread attention to the sport.
INSAN3 BAN4NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM #147
newagepirate
Digital Frontier

newagepirate plays in the PSP
newagepirate plays in the APPA D4 division
Why is this even being discussed? This is a REC PLAYER section. The dynamics between playing for fun and playing competitively are completely different. Anyone who has ever been to an event knows its freaking electric. I'm a pretty mellow person but when its game time my stomach does flippy floppies and I'm like a little kid on christmas. If they could pervay that excitement to non paintball audiences then people would realize why we play this stupid game. But the chances of that happening are slim to none

Grillz and Dyecam I4s
newagepirate is offline   Reply With Quote