Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 AM #211
stevendavid76
Prestige Paintball
 
stevendavid76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
stevendavid76 plays in the PSP
stevendavid76 supports Cereal Killerz 2
stevendavid76 donated to help Peyton Trent
stevendavid76 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstylea2 View Post
I was in fact misinformed and told it was 75. Anyways, why would a business shy consumers away towards BYOP instead of charging a price that would encourage them to buy at the field? So now a person like me that can do simple math, will buy my paint elsewhere to save around 10-15$. If I wasn't a Clinical Dietitian, I would own my own business because people would actually want to buy my products. It's no wonder why online stores are making a killing. Just had to get that off my chest.
Your argument is flawed. Online stores are the reason why brick and mortar businesses are suffering. Any Joe nowadays can obtain a tax id number and open an online shop with a virtual warehouse and undercut sales..sure. That person doesn't have to mark up his costs to cover various operating expenses associated with running a store, or multiple fields. The disadvantages? no customer service, no immediate tech support, and no face to face contact. I invite you to stop by sometime and let me discuss with you the amount of money it takes to operate a paintball field..let alone 3. Your thought process is contributing to the fact why paintball is dying in certain areas..

-Steve
__________________
BEEN THERE..DONE THAT


PRESTIGE PAINTBALL
Battle Creek Paintball Park
stevendavid76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2012, 08:41 AM #212
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY/NJ/NC
Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstylea2 View Post
I was in fact misinformed and told it was 75. Anyways, why would a business shy consumers away towards BYOP instead of charging a price that would encourage them to buy at the field? So now a person like me that can do simple math, will buy my paint elsewhere to save around 10-15$. If I wasn't a Clinical Dietitian, I would own my own business because people would actually want to buy my products. It's no wonder why online stores are making a killing. Just had to get that off my chest.
What you fail to realize is that after you drive to your local store @ $4 a gal purchase a case and drive to the field and pay entry it negates the advantage of BYOP + you have to lug paint around in your hot car, potentially ruining the paint. (It may cost more if you consider your time worth anything)

Why because entry is more if you BYOP. In the end you will pay the same amount but instead of getting fresh rotated paint that is kept cool. You get out of round bouncy paint from Wallmart that has been sitting on the shelf for months at a time. Paint prices are reasonable at all of there locations and the paint you get is quality. I can assure you the experience, level of play, and staff at all 3 fields are 2nd to none.
__________________
ENJOY THE GRIND

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 05-28-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 AM #213
gibiy12
Wolfpack D4
 
gibiy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, New York
gibiy12 plays in the PSP
gibiy12 posts videos on PbNation
gibiy12 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Calm down guys, we don't need arguing here.
In other news, since team ground assault will be at MAPL and I cannot go, I'll be a walk on along with my friend Brian on sunday
__________________
d[-_-]b
gibiy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:11 PM #214
xFM88x
F. Manalo #88
 
xFM88x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 609 NJ
xFM88x plays in the PSP
xFM88x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xFM88x plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibiy12
Calm down guys, we don't need arguing here.
In other news, since team ground assault will be at MAPL and I cannot go, I'll be a walk on along with my friend Brian on sunday
Why aren't you going bud? My team & I aren't going at all as well.. because of some issues we had. But we'll be there for 3-man.

Anyways is meadowlands on Sunday byop? In case I have extra GPL paint, I'd like to use it all up.
__________________
LEGACY | Quickshot Paintball
Mercenary lifestyle.
Murda
xFM88x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM #215
pykim01
smile
 
pykim01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: nor-jers
pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFM88x View Post
Why aren't you going bud? My team & I aren't going at all as well.. because of some issues we had. But we'll be there for 3-man.

Anyways is meadowlands on Sunday byop? In case I have extra GPL paint, I'd like to use it all up.
yes
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM #216
gibiy12
Wolfpack D4
 
gibiy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, New York
gibiy12 plays in the PSP
gibiy12 posts videos on PbNation
gibiy12 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFM88x View Post
Why aren't you going bud? My team & I aren't going at all as well.. because of some issues we had. But we'll be there for 3-man.

Anyways is meadowlands on Sunday byop? In case I have extra GPL paint, I'd like to use it all up.
My injury prevented me from practicing for a month and a half, so there was really no point for me to go and play if I had no idea what I was doing :/
__________________
d[-_-]b
gibiy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 PM #217
Showerboii
Meadowlands Paintball
 
Showerboii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Showerboii owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Showerboii has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibiy12 View Post
Calm down guys, we don't need arguing here.
In other news, since team ground assault will be at MAPL and I cannot go, I'll be a walk on along with my friend Brian on sunday
if i can get a ride sunday, ill play with you aaron
__________________
Shiner Geo2
Ground Assault PB :. Meadowlands PB .: Prestige Paintball

Official Geo Owners Club
Showerboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 PM #218
Automatik50
 
 
Automatik50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Automatik50 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Any teams playing on Saturday?
Automatik50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 PM #219
gibiy12
Wolfpack D4
 
gibiy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, New York
gibiy12 plays in the PSP
gibiy12 posts videos on PbNation
gibiy12 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showerboii View Post
if i can get a ride sunday, ill play with you aaron
__________________
d[-_-]b
gibiy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM #220
Sherlok
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Jersey
Sherlok is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sherlok has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Say I'm a guy with only a mask who's getting back into things and wants to come see what people are shooting, what gear's out there and get a feel for the game again. Not into renting, I can just chill for a bit and watch. Maybe wander around and check out peoples guns.

is 1 day better to go then another (e.g. saturday over sunday), or does it really not matter much (not sure if there's team days, private field days, etc).

Was waiting for Meadowlands to open, but that's not happening anytime soon it seems.
__________________
Omen [3103211] || Freestyle [40093] || Etha [152**]
--------------------------------

Last edited by Sherlok : 05-30-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Sherlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 AM #221
botz
 
 
botz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
botz plays in the PSP
botz plays in the APPA Pro division
U can come on Sundays .. Probably better day to come out for team play
__________________
Battle creek paintball: 973-545-2556
The Meadowlands paintball ..
botz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 PM #222
Ravenstylea2
 
 
Ravenstylea2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlok View Post
Say I'm a guy with only a mask who's getting back into things and wants to come see what people are shooting, what gear's out there and get a feel for the game again. Not into renting, I can just chill for a bit and watch. Maybe wander around and check out peoples guns.

is 1 day better to go then another (e.g. saturday over sunday), or does it really not matter much (not sure if there's team days, private field days, etc).

Was waiting for Meadowlands to open, but that's not happening anytime soon it seems.
"Not into renting, I can just chill for a bit and watch. Maybe wander around and check out peoples guns." Uhh..............yeah. Ok Sherlok...
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:37 PM #223
Sherlok
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Jersey
Sherlok is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sherlok has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstylea2 View Post
"Not into renting, I can just chill for a bit and watch. Maybe wander around and check out peoples guns." Uhh..............yeah. Ok Sherlok...
Sketchy right? I meant observationally lol, not gonna run around touching things.
__________________
Omen [3103211] || Freestyle [40093] || Etha [152**]
--------------------------------
Sherlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 AM #224
squally25
 
 
squally25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pen Argyl,PA
So are the lands open or not?
squally25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM #225
JDoan@Understood
 
 
JDoan@Understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland
JDoan@Understood works for a Paintball manufacturer
JDoan@Understood plays in the USPL
JDoan@Understood plays in the PSP
JDoan@Understood plays in the APPA D1 division
__________________
VcK d1
rip assault & wolfpack

[|] empire paintball
[|] pro edge paintball
[|] violent products
[|] prestige paintball parks
[|] mike mohr photography
[|] lucas brown photography
JDoan@Understood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:36 PM #226
AtTheReal
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Speedball open tomorrow?

Its supposed to rain in the morning but clear up after.
AtTheReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:39 PM #227
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY/NJ/NC
Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheReal View Post
Speedball open tomorrow?

Its supposed to rain in the morning but clear up after.
If it rains you get wet.
__________________
ENJOY THE GRIND
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:45 PM #228
AtTheReal
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
If it rains you get wet.
Doesn't matter to me I just don't want to drive over an hour to get there and not have a speedball setup. Which brings us back to my first question.. will speedball be playable?
AtTheReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:57 AM #229
alexdevils9
Big Pimpin'
 
alexdevils9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tenafly, NJ
alexdevils9 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alexdevils9 is for the Gunfight
alexdevils9 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
alexdevils9 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
3man lets gooool
__________________


I love Kai83
alexdevils9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 PM #230
happy7833
 
 
happy7833's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jersey
happy7833 is playing at Living Legends V
happy7833 is for the Gunfight
happy7833 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Saw u guys are open on fridays. people actually there? my friends and i are looking to be there. will speedball be open?
happy7833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:51 PM #231
AnGeLTech_NYC
Systems Mananger
 
AnGeLTech_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Bergen, NJ
AnGeLTech_NYC owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Speedball field up this weekend?
AnGeLTech_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump