Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM #1
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
luxe questions.

I've shot dms for years now but ive always been tempted to shoot a luxe.
thinking of getting a new luxe 1.5 with 2.0 power core but i was hoping to get some input if i make the jump.

just a few questions.
FSDO - is that still an issue for the luxe?
Does the gun require any real tuning out of box?
do any of you guys play with a 68/45 or is that kind of long for the setup?
How often do you lube your luxe?
average charge = how many shots?
is there a break in period and how long/how many cases?
cold weather and the luxe - good/bad/ugly?
real hot weather (i live in carolina) - good/bad/ugly?

last but not least - top three things that you dont like about your luxe and top three things you love about your luxe.

Like i said, ive shot dms for years so i have no problem doing regular maintenance on a gun but when i go to the field, i am the kind of guy who wants zero problems, air and go. Nxt shocker that i owned for a little bit had fsdo and i sold the gun. I am willing to learn the ins and outs of a gun but some problems are just due to the design itself. I've searched this sub forum and have seen the good and the bad and this is kind of like my last step before i decide.

thanks guys
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM #2
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

Annual Supporting Member
sameagol26 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sameagol26 supports Empire
In terms of FSDO, yes there are still issues with that, but it's generally caused by the user not looking after their Luxe correctly. Each Luxe is a different beast and requires different settings and what not. But all Luxes possible FSDO issues for the most part can be solved by properly fitting your orings... This, and raising the dwell slightly will ensure you have no issues with FSDO even with the feather touch screw in. I for one prefer to have mine out because here in Canada spool valves are a bit harder to keep from having FSDO so I like to play it safe by having mine out and dwell around 12-14.

The marker doesn't require any tuning out of the box. Go shoot it, enjoy it and maybe after 10-20 cases, adjust the manifold screw a bit to lower kick or whatever you need and maybe drop the dwell a bit. It only gets smoother as the orings break in.

In regards to using a 68/4500, I use it and love it! I have longer arms but it's still fine as long as you are around 5'8" or so but either way, there shouldn't be any issues with a 68/4500 tank.

I generally lube the Luxe after every day of play, as you should do for most spool valve markers. They do in fact take a bit more maintenance time then most markers like the G6R, Ego 11 etc but that comes with the territory. Spool valve markers are known for taking more time to work on but with that being said, the easy out, tooless bolt system makes it really easy to work on. The reg doesn't need to be maintained till around 10-12 cases so no worrying about that for a while.

The Luxe battery can last for a long time, and you even get a spare when you buy new. Now I am not sure how long a charge will last but you could easily play a weekend long scenario and probably still be fine with the first battery.

Most markers do have break in periods but the Luxe will be a smooth and quiet shooter out of the box. It's just the way it is, but again it gets better the more the orings break in and cycle so expect even better results in the future!

With cold weather, the Luxe should be fine. If you are really that worried, if it's going to be a bad, cold, rainy day, up your dwell to notches and play. You could always get it sprung so there's less chance of any issues arising but you should be alright for the most part. As you saw maybe in Galveston, the luxes were able to perform flawlessly after getting soaked and in PSP Phoenix, it worked great in the heat as well. They are very tolerant markers as long as they are looked after and treated properly.

Hopefully this gives you a good idea on how the Luxes are. They are one of the smoothest, quietest, and best shooting markers out there. They are definitely a step up from the DM, but don't get me wrong. DM's shoot nice but you will be pleasantly surprised when you get a Luxe.

Just my 2 cents.
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
sameagol26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM #3
habicabi
PCU

habicabi plays in the APPA D4 division
Haven't seen a Luxe with fsdo in a long time. I had a Luxe 1.0 stock and didn't have a problem as long as the feather touch was out.

No tuning, stock dwell and adjust the hpr for velocity

I run a 68 and feels great to me. I'm 5'10" 170lbs

Lubed and cleaned after every day of play. Why wouldn't you anyway? It's a large investment, take care of it.

Depends on how old your battery. My new black battery that was in my Luxe 2.0 has yet to need a charge. It's had like over 10 cases or so. Had it since February.
The old blue battery I had in my 1.0 would last about 3 days of play, so 3 cases.

I'd shoot like 10 cases before you start messing with dwell.

I'm in the northeast so I see all weather. Never had an issue in any weather except for rain but that was a paint issue.

I like ergonomics
I like how smooth and consistent it is
I like how easy the bolt assembly is

Not a fan of voices, I'd rather have OLED.
I'd rather have screw in eye covers instead of latches like my 2.0 has.
habicabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM #4
X A N A T 0 S
Travis Dixon

Annual Supporting Member
X A N A T 0 S plays in the PSP
X A N A T 0 S plays in the APPA D1 division
I like the length of the luxe.
I like the smoothness of the luxe.
I like the ease of operation (if you know what you're doing)

I don't like the amount of maintenance (not trolling, simply fact)
I don't like the weight comparatively to other high ends.
I don't like Darryl Trent. ( just messing)

Like New Guns Sale! Custom Vanquishes! Rare G6rs, VX Clones, DARK EDITION Ego
X A N A T 0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 AM #5
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
thx
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM #6
cozmo5050
<3 brittle paint

Annual Supporting Member
cozmo5050 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cozmo5050 supports DLX Technology
Arrow

FSDO - is that still an issue for the luxe? yes but is easily fixed with proper o-ring fitment
Does the gun require any real tuning out of box? no if you buy brand new. If you buy second-hand, that'll depend on the previous owner.
do any of you guys play with a 68/45 or is that kind of long for the setup? i play with a 68/4500 which is the most popular bottle size. you can also try a 50/4500 if u prefer to 'hug' your marker close.
How often do you lube your luxe? before every day of play or after 5+ cases (just me personally)
average charge = how many shots? roughly 7 pods and a hopper on 68/4500 @290fps
is there a break in period and how long/how many cases? depends on the marker. solenoid break-in, powercore oring break-in, etc. 10+ cases seems to be a nice number.
cold weather and the luxe - good/bad/ugly? cold weather is worst case scenario for a luxe, any marker for that matter.
real hot weather (i live in carolina) - good/bad/ugly? warm weather is ideal

last but not least - top three things that you dont like about your luxe and top three things you love about your luxe.

what i love:
ergonomics & no macroline
smoothness
looks

what i hate:
inefficiency
high-maintenance compared to other modern markers
expensive

Luxes arent for everyone. The same applies to Porches.

PM me if u have dirt cheap geo3's

"business in the front, party in the back" --- Joe Dirt (2001)

Last edited by cozmo5050 : 04-26-2012 at 07:12 PM.
cozmo5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:55 AM #7
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
Alright, you guys sold me. im getting my new luxe 1.5 next week.

that and todd martinez was the icing on the cake.

edit - yeah, im 5'11" and like my guns a little on the longer side, just a better shooting platform in my opinion so i think a 68/4500 should be fine, if not ill get a 50/4500 or whatever size is more compact.

Last edited by da oreo : 04-27-2012 at 03:00 AM.