PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM #1
paintthinner

paintthinner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintthinner owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Etha Flaws??

So this weekend I'm going new marker shopping and on my list of guns to check out is the Etha. What I wanted to know from all of you is what are some of the flaws, draw back, cons, problems you've came across with the Etha. I ask because no one I know around me has one that I can shoot or give me feedback. I would like it if only Etha owners / users replied to this...you telling me how your buddy said his friend with a Etha Blah, Blah, Blah..you get my point

Thanks

I just wanted to add I'm not trying to start Etha bashing thread I'm just looking for some info so if I get the marker I know what I'm gettig myself into
paintthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 AM #2
KiboshX

the marker is spectacular- only complaint i have with it is the tinny sound signature when shooting.

~ PAST MARKERS ~
[[Autococker Prostock]]--[[Dual Gen 1 TPX Pistols]]--[[Dual Tiberius T8.1 Pistols]]
KiboshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM #3
Phil00r

Phil00r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phil00r posts videos on PbNation
I really like the ETHA. Have mine since Feb and haven't had any problems at all. And I have to say I really love the sound of it. Sounds damn sexy!
The only things I don't like is the trigger side to side play and the ultra-bright-eye-destroying LED (Exaggerated a tiny bit...). But there's an easy way to fix it.
Phil00r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 PM #4
Apewar

Etha is my 1st marker. The thing i personally like best about it is there are no upgrades that you "need" to get. mind you i play casually but my buddy got a used mini and what sold him was the mix of v2/v3 parts on it, and hes still looking to upgrade it further. Its like a disease to blow money, but hes a good guy so i wont bash him too much.

Edit
Since you asked for problems....the only thing i had was the macro line would leak when it got aired up. i just tapped the line and it went away
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:27 PM #5
-raqh-

Annual Supporting Member
-raqh- owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Great gun overall, has a bit of kick when the ramping kicks in but for the price you just cant beat it...

-raqh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 PM #6
JTpaintballMC

JTpaintballMC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JTpaintballMC has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great gun for the price! If I had to pick it apart, I might change the trigger when they make aftermarket ones, and just a personal thing I dont care for the board setup with going through modes but its not bad once you get use to it. Im just use to either a screen or virtue.
JTpaintballMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 PM #7
SirKarnage

SirKarnage posts videos on PbNation
SirKarnage has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm new to the sport/hobby.. haven't played since the mid/late 90's...
I purchased the Etha, based on price, features, and finally on the shops recomendation.

I have played in the yard several times "getting used" to it... and went to the field for a full day of play one time so far since I got it.

I really really like it.
I remember when I played way back, I had a tricked out high end for the times marker that cost me tons of money, was always trying (buying) the next new thing to make it better, and in the end, of what I remember, this Etha is far superior

It fires faster than I can keep paint in the hopper, it's decently accurate out of the box, and so far has been very reliable.

The only things I am planing to change are the trigger (the side to side can be easily fixed yes) and to get a barrel kit. I don't need a new board, this one works just fine to me.
SirKarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 PM #8
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The trigger side to side play and the "kick" when you are shooting PSP ramping are probably the most that annoy me about the marker. However it is reliable and extremely air efficient so I don't really care.

The Bright LED light on the back of the grip frame used to annoy the hell out of me when i first got it but once your actually playing with it, it doesn't bother me anymore and if i'm playing out in the woods on a bright day it's actually nice that the LED is bright enough that I can still see it.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 AM #9
Mclovin101

Mclovin101 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mclovin101 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mclovin101 is for the Gunfight
Trigger issue

How is this fixed ??
Mclovin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM #10
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
calvman is BST Legit
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
I had the same concerns about the LED flashing when I was fooling with the gun. When you're actually playing with it. The flashing isn't noticeable at all.

For the price, the gun is fantastic. I only have some minor gripes and that's only when I compare it with my nearly three times the cost ego11. One, I find the etha trigger a little mushy when compared to the ego11 trigger. And two, I really wish the etha had a thumb screw on the feed neck. That's about it. Really minor issues at that to.

In my mind, there really aren't any 'flaws' with the marker. I've been pleased with the one I have. When you take into consideration how much money you'll save by buying the etha over the ego/geo, it's a great value.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 AM #11
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvman View Post
I had the same concerns about the LED flashing when I was fooling with the gun. When you're actually playing with it. The flashing isn't noticeable at all.
Last weekend I was playing in a big woodsball game. I had the marker set on psp ramping. Well i got into a pretty decent gun fight with a several opposing players and noticed i was running low on paint so on the field (ducked behind a bunker being shot at) I reprogrammed the marker to shoot uncapped semi. Programming the board is simple on the marker. lol
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM #12
Phil00r

Phil00r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phil00r posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin101 View Post
Trigger issue

How is this fixed ??
Just fill the gap at the inside of the grip:

The plastic u use mustn't be too thick.

I just put a piece of paper between led and frame to reduce the brightness. Works great ^^
Phil00r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM #13
charlesw695

I have no complaints about the trigger side to side play. The gun does have a little kick to it. It also doesn't like cheap paint with a barrel's bore size smaller than the ball.
Empire 48cu 4500psi
charlesw695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM #14
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
I used one for the first time yesterday... Solid marker, entry level, would recommend it to anyone. Kick was a bit of an issue, but it liked to shoot ropes. I used it with my Freak kit, matched to the paint, and a dye rotor. Had a blast, thanks to a PE rep for bringing some to the field for folks to try out!!!
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:05 PM #15
Ryan miller03

Ryan miller03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ryan miller03 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The etha is a solid marker. It's got a good stock barrel and trigger. Everything is awesome on it, one thing is its loud and it has a little kick. But this doesn't bother me. Solid gun tho
Ryan miller03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM #16
SouthernStyle

Its a great shooter, not a bad price. Lots of value for entry lvl tourney or woodsball marker.

Kick? Whats everyone talking about, kick? Real kick is when you shoot a shotgun or a .308 Remington rifle. Its not a bad piece I like it. Since I'm on a scenario team it suits my needs, its small enough for tight situations. Fast firing, enough modes for any type of play. And it comes with alot of extras out and in the box. One thing get a new barrel and your ready to roll. .685 works really well here in the midwest during the warmer months. Solid if you ask me.

Flaws??? Only complaints or are they just my preferences huummmm??
1) Long trigger frame compaired to other markers.
2) A set of wrap arounds would be nice for trigger frame. The stock ones feel kinda cheap.
3) PE markers are notrious for being loud. Quickly fixed with heavily ported barrel.

Last edited by SouthernStyle : 04-30-2012 at 12:37 PM.
SouthernStyle is online now   Reply With Quote