PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 PM #22
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
play milp

Last edited by Quacker : 05-03-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 AM #23
smarthomes

smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Wait, you have D5 capped at 6 teams? I'm not sure I understand that. Do you want new players filtering through the MILP system, or did you want to have D4 teams only and have it die off in a few years when they all find something more interesting to do and quit? I was at the last event, and it seemed that you were catering to the D3 players and trying to rush the D5 players out of the way. Saving paint for the D3 players and whatnot.

Have you fixed the air fill issues? Paint issues? Did you lay the turf out properly or is it still sitting on top of mud and puddles so that it soaks through anyways? I would fix those issues before spending money on a scoreboard that counts to....2. or 3.
I am not sure how long you have been playing the series, but we just started offering D5 last event. There are a finite number of teams that can be accommodated in a given day. D4 has traditionally been the most popular division drawing the most teams, so it makes sense for that division to have a higher cap.

We don't rush anyone, we try to maintain the schedule and keep everyone on time. If you knew me or MiLP or CEP, you would know that we have a long history of developing local and regional players and teams. So this idea that we cater to one division over D5 is nonsense.

For the record, here are the improvements that have been made recently: PSP scoreboard, inflatable start stations, pit improvements, walkie talkies for the refs, 45'x20' players tent, on-field chronos, PSP Affiliate status, Exalt as new sponsor, turf (not perfect but big improvement over mud puddles when the weather is bad) and this week the upgrades to the air system (thanks Insane). All of that is in that past two months or so and the improvements will keep coming...
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM #24
toxicbubbles
Xtreme Paintball Factory

toxicbubbles plays in the MiLP
toxicbubbles plays in the APPA D4 division
toxicbubbles has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
toxicbubbles has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Easy with the personnel attacks to milp. They ran a great event and the refs were awesome! Yeah, the weather didnt please people, but guess what, rain happens. Learn to adapt and have fun getting muddy. As far as the air is concerned, why isnt 3000 psi enough for a point? Do you really shoot that much in a game? And paint? Really, gonna gripe about that issue? I see that as a good sign. Way more teams signed up then expwcted, shot more paint then expected. This means paintball is still growing! Be glad to see our sport on the up and up. I wasnt mad one bit. I got to play a great event, had fun getting muddy, and got to support my home field by using their paint. Win win for everyone imo.

http://xtremepaintball.net/ is my NEW field. Lebanon, Tennessee

Our humble beginning.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...reade r_vault

http://www.boblongdirect.com/Product...ode=G6R+Manual
toxicbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM #25
m3th0d
Zach ZeGo Greenwood

m3th0d plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicbubbles View Post
why isnt 3000 psi enough for a point? Do you really shoot that much in a game? And paint? Really, gonna gripe about that issue?
Let me start by saying MILP is a great series, but Air fills of 3k can be a big issue. On a side note Insane has bumped up their air system. Making the best tournament series in the southeast even better.

GJ Steve, and thank you to the rest of CEP/Insane for running/hosting such a great series.
m3th0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM #26
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If you want to hear honest criticism, this is it. Trying is great, but I'm driving 3 hours to get to your facility and paying ~120 to play your series. Plus a room, gas, food, etc. I would like to see more than try.

But you do see that there are more D5 teams signed up than D3 or even D4 at this point. How can you claim D4 is more popular when you've never offered D5 before. If you want to make money, you'll open D5 up and run more matches for them. If you want to give half your day to 3 D3 teams, that's fine. But let me do the math for you:
6 D5 teams x 300 = 1800
3 D3 teams x 500 = 1500
Plus 6 D5 teams shoot a hell of a lot more paint than 3 D3 teams and their matches are over faster.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but those lucrative and prolific D4 teams had to come from somewhere. Like D5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarthomes View Post
I am not sure how long you have been playing the series, but we just started offering D5 last event. There are a finite number of teams that can be accommodated in a given day. D4 has traditionally been the most popular division drawing the most teams, so it makes sense for that division to have a higher cap.

We don't rush anyone, we try to maintain the schedule and keep everyone on time. If you knew me or MiLP or CEP, you would know that we have a long history of developing local and regional players and teams. So this idea that we cater to one division over D5 is nonsense.

For the record, here are the improvements that have been made recently: PSP scoreboard, inflatable start stations, pit improvements, walkie talkies for the refs, 45'x20' players tent, on-field chronos, PSP Affiliate status, Exalt as new sponsor, turf (not perfect but big improvement over mud puddles when the weather is bad) and this week the upgrades to the air system (thanks Insane). All of that is in that past two months or so and the improvements will keep coming...
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM #27
Lamply

Lamply owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lamply plays in the APPA D4 division
Me and my team might be interested in playing this what are the paint prizes and what are
Lamply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM #28
Lamply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamply
Me and my team might be interested in playing this what are the paint prizes and what are
Paint prices and event/series prizes
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM #29
toxicbubbles
Xtreme Paintball Factory

toxicbubbles plays in the MiLP
toxicbubbles plays in the APPA D4 division
toxicbubbles has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
toxicbubbles has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=milp+prizes

http://xtremepaintball.net/ is my NEW field. Lebanon, Tennessee

Our humble beginning.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...reade r_vault

http://www.boblongdirect.com/Product...ode=G6R+Manual
toxicbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 PM #30
Lamply

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 07:26 PM #31
smarthomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
If you want to hear honest criticism, this is it. Trying is great, but I'm driving 3 hours to get to your facility and paying ~120 to play your series. Plus a room, gas, food, etc. I would like to see more than try.

But you do see that there are more D5 teams signed up than D3 or even D4 at this point. How can you claim D4 is more popular when you've never offered D5 before. If you want to make money, you'll open D5 up and run more matches for them. If you want to give half your day to 3 D3 teams, that's fine. But let me do the math for you:
6 D5 teams x 300 = 1800
3 D3 teams x 500 = 1500
Plus 6 D5 teams shoot a hell of a lot more paint than 3 D3 teams and their matches are over faster.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but those lucrative and prolific D4 teams had to come from somewhere. Like D5.
I think you are on Axis right? Axis has been a great supporter of the league, so I want to spend the time to answer your questions.

First, we aren't trying, we are doing. I listed all of the improvements we have made recently and we will keep making improvements until we are perfect.

There are still 30 days to go until the next event. The divisions will fill up as we get closer to the event date. There is no telling if the current registration numbers will hold or change.

In previous events, the D4 division has pulled as high as 15 teams and has been the division we have built our series on. Perhaps the new D5 division will grow to be a stronger division and if so, I will make adjustments to accommodate that growth.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 PM #32
austinre8r

austinre8r plays in the PSP
austinre8r plays in the MiLP
austinre8r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
austinre8r plays in the APPA D4 division
Is there going to be a concession stand at the next event?
austinre8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 AM #33
PM8007

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinre8r View Post
insane has a concession stand inside, and mc donalds & burger king in between both is a store, about 2 blocks from the field! food and drink has never been a problem!
2010 RED DRANK gfoa 9th overall 5 man*3 tourneys
2011 RED DRANK milp 3rd overall x ball
2012 RED DRANK milp SERIES CHAMPS
2013 RED DRANK gfoa 3rd overall 5 man
PM8007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 AM #34
smarthomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinre8r View Post
There will be water and gatorade as well as food (sub sandwiches). I will have a lunch special: sandwich, chips, cookie and a drink for $5.

Last edited by smarthomes : 05-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM #35
austinre8r

austinre8r plays in the PSP
austinre8r plays in the MiLP
austinre8r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
austinre8r plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
There will be water and gatorade as well as food (sub sandwiches). I will have a lunch special: sandwich, chips, cookie and a drink for $5.

Thank you guys cant wait for the next event.
austinre8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 PM #36
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the MiLP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
Quote:
I will have a lunch special: sandwich, chips, cookie and a drink for $5.
Is this a special Steve Nicola baked cookie with hearts and sprinkles?

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:20 PM #37
laxplayer9352
USMC

laxplayer9352 is a Supporting Member
laxplayer9352 is a Paintball photographer
laxplayer9352 supports our troops
laxplayer9352 plays in the APPA D3 division
laxplayer9352 is Boss
Mrs. Nicola's cookies are amazing, hope she makes them
laxplayer9352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 AM #38
wo 3
WAR PIG

wo 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wo 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
I think you are on Axis right? Axis has been a great supporter of the league, so I want to spend the time to answer your questions.

First, we aren't trying, we are doing. I listed all of the improvements we have made recently and we will keep making improvements until we are perfect.

There are still 30 days to go until the next event. The divisions will fill up as we get closer to the event date. There is no telling if the current registration numbers will hold or change.

In previous events, the D4 division has pulled as high as 15 teams and has been the division we have built our series on. Perhaps the new D5 division will grow to be a stronger division and if so, I will make adjustments to accommodate that growth.
NOP this is not one of my guys I'll kick some *** if he was.
The MILP has worked hard to put there events on and do one hell of a job. We know what it's like to drive to play and I say 3hr that just a short one he needs to pull one of the 6 to 8 hr drives and see how that is.
You guys have AXIS in the game and we like it we now drive 2hr to play one of this states and most all states in South East top event. It keeps geting better. And if we can help out just let us know.

BILL
MTP.
Middle Tennessee Paintball.com
MILP
SCENARIO TEAM
RIDGERUNNERS

Last edited by wo 3 : 05-08-2012 at 05:05 AM.
wo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 AM #39
smarthomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wo 3 View Post
NOP this is not one of my guys I'll kick some *** if he was.
The MILP has worked hard to put there events on and do one hell of a job. We know what it's like to drive to play and I say 3hr that just a short one he needs to pull one of the 6 to 8 hr drives and see how that is.
You guys have AXIS in the game and we like it we now drive 2hr to play one of this states and most all states in South East top event. It keeps geting better. And if we can help out just let us know.

BILL
MTP.
Thanks Bill. I appreciate that.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:27 AM #40
trucockerfan19
Aim High

has been a member for 10 years
Does this mean one day there might be major league paintball?

feedback-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751045

Bored? Check out my youtube channel!
http://m.youtube.com/user/mikemarion19?feature=guide
trucockerfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:20 PM #41
smarthomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucockerfan19 View Post
Does this mean one day there might be major league paintball?
The PSP, NPPL and Millennium....
Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 PM #42
RideOrDie_321

RideOrDie_321 plays in the PSP
RideOrDie_321 plays in the MiLP
RideOrDie_321 plays in the APPA D3 division
Been wondering on how the 2013 season will go for the MiLP event? Xtreme Paintball Factory will be committing to a PSP Affiliated series next season and we are trying to decide which series we should go with.. If you could just give me the run down on 2013 MiLP. Mainly what the series prizes will be lol
Christian Hollis #30

Clarksville Defiance- MiLP

RAGE- SEPS
RideOrDie_321 is offline   Reply With Quote