PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-13-2004, 07:57 AM #22
n2p8ntball

has been a member for 10 years
Boomshanka, I found out that the cost of the room at amerihost is like $65.00 with tax and everything. It is 15 miles away from the park. I also heard that this place is small and the floor is concrete with about 6 inches of cat litter on it. I wonder how good this is going to be?????

Team Elite
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2004, 11:09 AM #23
harpo568 (Banned)

okay I have to clear a couple of things up...
Just so you know I am the field manager at Level X.
1 the tourney is on even if the number of teams does not hit the minimum.
2 in the 2-1/2 years I have been there we have NEVER cancelled a tournament at the last minute.(Originally posted by drunknbear that we had)
3 IF you call Amerihost Inn and tell them you are playing in the paintball tourney the rate is $50.00 NOT $65.00.The Amerihost is located in Tuscola just off interstate 57 and is about 10 miles WEST of the field...
4 N2 the surface of the field is NOT cat litter it is ground limestone and is a little larger than sand.it's a good playable surface and I have had FEW complaints about it.
5 N2 if you are comparing it to an outdoor field yeah it could be considered a bit small but at 50x165 feet it is quite big enough to handle 3-man games.I should know since I am the person that does all of the field layouts for the tournaments and I make sure they are good playable fields.
6 IF this tourney runs to 6:00 it wil be the lastes I've ver seen one run at our facility...I honestly expect it to be over NO LATER than 3:00 even with 7-round prelims and finals.
I'm heading to the field now to get back to work on setting up for Saturday and I know that we all look forward to seeing everyone there.
Richard
Old 01-13-2004, 11:16 AM #24
n2p8ntball

I was told by kempy, the guy who is sponsoring this tourney that the field was like this, that is why i said that. As far as the amerihost inn, you are right. I got my numbers mixed up. It is $56.00 including tax. What time can we show up Sat. morning?

Team Elite
Old 01-13-2004, 03:58 PM #25
BOOMSHANKA
Rockin' the Angel

Yeah n2pntball...we are staying at the amerihost inn, in Tuscola and like harpo said, its like 10 miles west...don't worry dude, it will be a good time...heck, can't beat the price for this tourney...that rocks!!! Looking forward to playing at the tourney...make that field kick butt harpo!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:12 AM #26
harpo568 (Banned)

doors should be open open at 7:00 for you to walk the field ,etc.

If you didn't know Amerihost is giving you guys an awesome deal at that price...it's mom's weekend at the U of I or EIU and the normal room rate for this weekend is supposed to be $80.00.

a short update... I resurfaced and smoothed the field yesterday and wil be setting up bunkers today.

looking forward to having everyone out Sat!!!

Later
Richard

Last edited by harpo568 : 01-14-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:24 AM #27
n2p8ntball

Are there any paintball stores around up there? What time do they close on friday night? I need a eye for my worrblade and no one down here has one, they need to order it and will take too long. So, i'm wondering if there is a store up there that I can call. Please help.

Team Elite
Old 01-14-2004, 09:31 AM #28
wireman
RETIRED Team Run&Gun

wireman is a Supporting Member
Level X has a small pro shop, I would try them first. There is a store in Springfield called Battlegrounds, they may have an eye, numbers are 217-787-8967 or 217-691-1360. Battlegrounds indoor doesn't close until 10 or so on Friday nights, I believe.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:37 AM #29
n2p8ntball

Thanks wireman.

Team Elite
Old 01-14-2004, 11:36 AM #30
drunknbear (Banned)

I never said last minute.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:05 PM #31
BOOMSHANKA
Rockin' the Angel

Looking forward to playing...
Old 01-14-2004, 10:54 PM #32
BrianSW6

Hey Boomshanka what is your team name? I'm on Xtreme Misfits with n2p8ntball staying at the hotel with you guys. I cant wait to play.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:24 AM #33
harpo568 (Banned)

N2 call D&M in Sullivan ,IL (217)728-8060 and ask for Greg...tell him Richard refered you.Can't gurantee you he'll have it but....
Old 01-15-2004, 10:28 AM #34
n2p8ntball

thanks, but i was finally able to find one down here. Got the last one too. Thanks again for your help.

Team Elite
Old 01-16-2004, 10:00 AM #35
harpo568 (Banned)

NO worries...
I called him yesterday afternoon and he didn't have one...
Old 01-16-2004, 05:19 PM #36
downinit

Anyone know if there is spectator setting at the Level X Ball Blaster? 2 of my teammates are bringing the girlfriend. See you all there
Old 01-16-2004, 07:16 PM #37
drunknbear (Banned)

the girlfriends can watch from 1 end of the field. Which is great to watch one of the teams. Make sure they bundle up, last i remember the indoor field in the Winter is just as cold as outside...BBBBRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Old 01-17-2004, 09:44 PM #38
drunknbear (Banned)

POST what HAPPENED HERE!!!!! heck even send me an email! or catch me on aol im, hope everyone had a great time...
Old 01-18-2004, 12:33 AM #39
harpo568 (Banned)

I just got home from the field and finally made it online...
First of all I ,personally, want to thank everyone for comming out.I met some really great people today and I have to single one out in particular...BOOMSHANKA.I really enjoyed meeting you and talking with you and your teammates.BTW for those of you that played and didn't know who I was I was the guy that tried to get all of the cash you had when you came in (taking the air-fees,etc.) and doing all the yelling in the staging area calling everyone on and trying to do fair coin tosses (even when I couldn't seem to keep control of the coin) and getting everyone banded...For those of you that were there and I didn't know who you were I apologize...please introduce yourselves next time you are out,I always enjoy actually being able to put a face with a screen name...
When a tournament goes as well as todays went it reinforces my belief in the fact that all the hard work and lack of sleep is well worth it.
I hope everyone enjoyed playing as much as we enjoyed having all of you out AND I sincerely hope that you all come back for the MWPC series and the tourney we are running in May.BTW if you didn't know the entry for MWPC is $150.00 per team NOT $250.00 and that covers all 4 events.
as soon as I get the OFFICIAL RESULTS I'll try to get them posted...

A couple of other things...
first of all how did everyone like the field?It wasn't what I had set out to do but I think it turned out better than the original field I had drawn up.Those of you that attended the Captains meeting the original field design was on the whiteboard in the conference room if you noticed...
Next, any suggestions on how to improve our next tournament? (besides heating the indoor field...I wish we could but the $1500-2000 a month utility bill to do it is a bit too much right now)
did anyone have any problems finding the field?As I pointed out to (I think) BOOMSHANKA we are only about 3/4 of a mile East of the absolute middle of nowhere and about 2 miles Southeast of the End of the Earth...
Drunknbear...you chould have come out...even without a team.If I am not mistaken there were a couple of teams that could have used another player as an alternate at least.
Last of all another personal note...N2 did you make it out here?I was hoping to find out who you were and say hi but I got a bit too distracted and never got the chance...

THANKS AGAIN to everyone for comming out and being one of the finest groups of tourney players we have had the pleasure to have out!
Richard

Last edited by harpo568 : 01-18-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:43 AM #40
BrianSW6

We (Xtreme Misfits) had a great time, we will probably be back MWPC series. N2 did make it out he is our team captain he has the blue ebladed cocker and the invision mask. Me i am the little guy with the fade STO cocker and proteus. The reffing was was awsome, all the teams were really cool especially Silver Fish. Thanks for putting on a great event, we will be back to play there again.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:11 AM #41
wireman
RETIRED Team Run&Gun

wireman is a Supporting Member
We had a good day, met some great guys on alot of the teams. We played like complete **** though, our lay out the paint and hold em down method didn't work and by the time we changed our game effectively, it was over. I can't believe one of my guys got checked twice for trigger bounce, I guess the speed of the Viking is hard to believe . Hope to play against everyone soon.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:55 AM #42
drunknbear (Banned)

Cool, I will be coming back to IL on monday, ahhh can't wait for the 16 hour drive. Anyways, I'm glad you guys had fun. Wish i could have been scheduled to come back a week early, then i would of definately come out. Sounds like you guys had a fun time.

Harpo- I'm not sure if i know who you are. I used to play there when it was Sniper Jacks quite a bit, never tournament play, just rec. I think i might know who you are, but it's been a while. ya'know...i'll definately stop by sometime to play/check everything out.

I gotta get a team together!