Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 01:32 PM #85
Thors Dong
Playing strong since 1996
 
Thors Dong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southern Utah
 has been a member for 10 years
Thors Dong has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thors Dong supports Empire
Lurker eigen all the way imo, i use the .678 we live in the desert so the pain is pretty small
Thors Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2012, 09:21 PM #86
macmillerer
 
 
macmillerer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nebraska, U.S.
macmillerer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
macmillerer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
For those of you who use the disruptive could you please tell me if it is the balance barrel or the deathtouch barrel that you have, and maybe which is better?
__________________
some sports make you put your balls in a basket, others over the fence, or a catchers mit. sometimes with a swift stroke,
you whack your balls over great distance to drop them down a hole...

personally, i stuck with the first sport that let me put my balls RIGHT IN YOUR FACE...
macmillerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 PM #87
Teahouser
that one guy
 
Teahouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmillerer View Post
For those of you who use the disruptive could you please tell me if it is the balance barrel or the deathtouch barrel that you have, and maybe which is better?
I haven't heard of the second one, but i have the 2-piece balance barrel in .678 and .682 and i love it. long control bore, well honed, great porting design.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:49 PM #88
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
I haven't heard of the second one, but i have the 2-piece balance barrel in .678 and .682 and i love it. long control bore, well honed, great porting design.
Now if only the dust black one pieces in 686 would come back.... I'd buy two of them. How long is the control bore on them anyway?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:44 PM #89
Sconnie34
 
 
Sconnie34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Madison, Wi
Sconnie34 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmoil View Post

You won't be disappointed. I got a full freak kit (8 inserts in all i believe), 2 tips, and a back piece for $80 on ebay a few months back. There are definitely some inserts I haven't used, but i've yet to go to a field and not been able to match or underbore (if you're into that sorta thing ) the paint I was using. Worth every cent.

FYI, if you want to try a carbon fiber barrel you could pick up the deadly winds barrel and use all your freak inserts too
I have a full Freak Kit 14" AA and love it. But what is the benefit/reason of underboring? I have always fit the paint with the insert that I feel slight tension as I push the ball it through the insert with my finger.

Also, what "technique" is used for underboring? I might try it next time out.
__________________
'Merica!

Sconnie - if you don't know what it means, then you better get with it son!
Sconnie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 PM #90
Teahouser
that one guy
 
Teahouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconnie34 View Post
I have a full Freak Kit 14" AA and love it. But what is the benefit/reason of underboring? I have always fit the paint with the insert that I feel slight tension as I push the ball it through the insert with my finger.

Also, what "technique" is used for underboring? I might try it next time out.
I wouldn't underbore more than .004" personally, since fragile paint is more prone to breaking in the barrel with high underbores in my experience. some people seem to get away with it though. i roll the ball through the various sizes until it gets stuck snugly, then go down .002" or so. so if my paint matches a .684 i'll rock a .682, for a slight underbore.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 AM #91
Sconnie34
 
 
Sconnie34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Madison, Wi
Sconnie34 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
I wouldn't underbore more than .004" personally, since fragile paint is more prone to breaking in the barrel with high underbores in my experience. some people seem to get away with it though. i roll the ball through the various sizes until it gets stuck snugly, then go down .002" or so. so if my paint matches a .684 i'll rock a .682, for a slight underbore.
Cool. So, what is the main "benefit" from underboring? Does it yield improved efficiency? Or increase accuracy? Reduce muzzle noise?
__________________
'Merica!

Sconnie - if you don't know what it means, then you better get with it son!
Sconnie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 AM #92
98Pro
Asylum 502
 
98Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Efficiency and usually quieter. Bore as it stands right now does not affect accuracy unless it is used to an extreme.
__________________
Asylum 502 2013 MSXL D4 RT2 SERIES CHAMPIONS!
3rd Place World Cup 2013 D4 RT2
3rd Place World Standings D4 RT2 2013
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 AM #93
Sconnie34
 
 
Sconnie34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Madison, Wi
Sconnie34 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Pro View Post
Efficiency and usually quieter. Bore as it stands right now does not affect accuracy unless it is used to an extreme.
Thank you very much for the input everyone. I am stoked to see so many cool people in the game now. Thank you, for real.

__________________
'Merica!

Sconnie - if you don't know what it means, then you better get with it son!
Sconnie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 AM #94
MikeC13
STATIC Virginia
 
MikeC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling VA
Used my .684 Eigenbarrel all day yesterday, playing a 5-man tournament. What a huge improvement in accuracy over an iFit/Stiffi combo. Not quite ball-on-ball, but damned close (Boss bolt helps as well)

It makes such a huge difference to your game to actually hit what you aim at instead of helplessly watching balls curve everywhere but...

__________________
Don't count me out until you see the box being lowered into the hole...

Last edited by MikeC13 : 05-07-2012 at 07:44 PM.
MikeC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 AM #95
DemskeetSkeet
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC13 View Post
Used my .684 Eigenbarrel all day yesterday, playing a 5-man tournament. What a huge improvement in accuracy over an iFit/Stiffi combo. Not quite ball-on-ball, but damned close (Boss bolt helps as well)

It makes such a huge difference to your game to actually hit what you aim at instead of helplessly watching balls curve everywhere but...

Great to hear good results!

I was curious how long it to Lurker to ship out your Eigenbarrel. I ordered mine this past Sunday & still no word on it shipping.
__________________
Want to buy Empire Axe:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...848&highlight=
DemskeetSkeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:31 PM #96
TwinsPoppa
 
 
TwinsPoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Annual Supporting Member
TwinsPoppa plays in the PSP
TwinsPoppa plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemskeetSkeet View Post
Great to hear good results!

I was curious how long it to Lurker to ship out your Eigenbarrel. I ordered mine this past Sunday & still no word on it shipping.
IIRC, when paying by PayPal they post the tracking number or say its shipped in your PayPal acct. They don't actually inform you via a separate email that its shipped.

So, go to PayPal and look for a note on the transaction.
TwinsPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM #97
DemskeetSkeet
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsPoppa View Post
IIRC, when paying by PayPal they post the tracking number or say its shipped in your PayPal acct. They don't actually inform you via a separate email that its shipped.

So, go to PayPal and look for a note on the transaction.
Thanks, received PayPal tracking number late Sunday night or early Monday morning but it hasn't done anything past that. All it says is that a shipping label has been printed.

I know USPS doesn't always scan the d.c. slips but if I don't receive it by the weekend I'll give em a call to check on it.

Thanks for your help!
__________________
Want to buy Empire Axe:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...848&highlight=
DemskeetSkeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:48 PM #98
Lurker27
Engineering the Future
 
Lurker27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Yea, a lot of times the first tracking those things show is that it was delivered
__________________
World's Best Hard-Parts Upgrades!
EigenBarrels, Mini, AXE, Intimidators, DM, Shocker
Lurker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:36 PM #99
MikeC13
STATIC Virginia
 
MikeC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling VA
Based on my own experience, Lurker and Boss are both completely on point when it comes to shipping product. My orders from them only took like 3 - 4 days each...
__________________
Don't count me out until you see the box being lowered into the hole...
MikeC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 PM #100
ugotbunkered19
 
 
ugotbunkered19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Was reading past replys and for anyone thinkin that cf is weaker than aluminum ur dead wrong. I build parts for the v-22 osprey and blades for the ch47 chinook and more that half of the v-22 is graphite and e-glass, also the ch47 blades are made up of nearly all fiberglass with some graphite uni-directional tape. Cf is 50% lighter than aluminum and way stronger and more durable. If a cf barrel breaks its due to poor quality when making it with no ply orientation if the fibers all run one direction it is week and will break there has to be an orientation of a balanced layup also FYI I'm running with a .688 cf boomstick it's awesome but a little pricey
ugotbunkered19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 PM #101
tr0jandude
ROMAN
 
tr0jandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Omaha
tr0jandude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tr0jandude supports Team VICIOUS
tr0jandude supports Team VICIOUS
tr0jandude posts videos on PbNation
tr0jandude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotbunkered19 View Post
Was reading past replys and for anyone thinkin that cf is weaker than aluminum ur dead wrong. I build parts for the v-22 osprey and blades for the ch47 chinook and more that half of the v-22 is graphite and e-glass, also the ch47 blades are made up of nearly all fiberglass with some graphite uni-directional tape. Cf is 50% lighter than aluminum and way stronger and more durable. If a cf barrel breaks its due to poor quality when making it with no ply orientation if the fibers all run one direction it is week and will break there has to be an orientation of a balanced layup also FYI I'm running with a .688 cf boomstick it's awesome but a little pricey
This is correct. Been using same barrel and bore size recently as well.

Last year I used Lurker the lurker .678 towards the end of summer and hardly had any breaks. Just don't use it in the winter unless you like soup.

According to punkworks for underboring, the advantages were more efficient and better consistency over the chrono. Gets better consistency because with underboring it squeezes every ball and shooting at equal force.

Paint to barrel match is the worse because every ball is a different size so you are only matching it to a couple balls. So therefore different readings over the chrono.

Over bore, Not as efficient but good consistency over the chrono. Reason behind this is when ball shoots the bore size is overbored that it has no effect on the ball(no drag/friction what ever you want to call it).

Make sense? I hope so. lol If not let me know I can reword it better lol.
__________________
tr0jandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 AM #102
Clark Gryphyn
 
 
Clark Gryphyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotbunkered19 View Post
Was reading past replys and for anyone thinkin that cf is weaker than aluminum ur dead wrong. I build parts for the v-22 osprey and blades for the ch47 chinook and more that half of the v-22 is graphite and e-glass, also the ch47 blades are made up of nearly all fiberglass with some graphite uni-directional tape. Cf is 50% lighter than aluminum and way stronger and more durable. If a cf barrel breaks its due to poor quality when making it with no ply orientation if the fibers all run one direction it is week and will break there has to be an orientation of a balanced layup also FYI I'm running with a .688 cf boomstick it's awesome but a little pricey
I use the stuff to fix buildings. Crazy strong.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 AM #103
Razyger
 
 
Razyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boston
Razyger plays in the APPA D4 division
Razyger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0jandude View Post
This is correct. Been using same barrel and bore size recently as well.

Last year I used Lurker the lurker .678 towards the end of summer and hardly had any breaks. Just don't use it in the winter unless you like soup.

According to punkworks for underboring, the advantages were more efficient and better consistency over the chrono. Gets better consistency because with underboring it squeezes every ball and shooting at equal force.

Paint to barrel match is the worse because every ball is a different size so you are only matching it to a couple balls. So therefore different readings over the chrono.

Over bore, Not as efficient but good consistency over the chrono. Reason behind this is when ball shoots the bore size is overbored that it has no effect on the ball(no drag/friction what ever you want to call it).

Make sense? I hope so. lol If not let me know I can reword it better lol.
There's been a ton of debate over this for a long time. Seems like punkworks are the first ones to actually do some tests and generate data.
__________________
Axe-Olive/Eigenbolt/CP Advantage/Eigenbarrel/7th Element OLED
Mini-Gloss Black/Eigenbolt/Violent Trigger
New England Lobsters
Razyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 PM #104
Clark Gryphyn
 
 
Clark Gryphyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Just for kicks, here's Axe #1 rocking an evil pipe kit with a deadlywinds carbon fiber whip tip inside my newly created Lapco "fake" suppressor. Might try mounting it on one of my new Lurker barrels at some point.

Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:15 PM #105
Shortcamo02
 
 
Shortcamo02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Johnson City, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Yea, a lot of times the first tracking those things show is that it was delivered
That's our great USPS for ya!
__________________
Empire Axe - Lurker Eigenbolt - Empire Nano Feedneck - Virtue Laser Eyes
Lurker Eigenbarrel - Empire Halo Too - Ninja 50/4500
Shortcamo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump