PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-23-2012, 12:20 PM #22
weKILLsucker$
Hollywood

weKILLsucker$ plays in the APPA D4 division
Removed post, but seriously man, just stop talking smack, it gets you no where lolololololol.
Sponsered by:Lehigh Valley Paintball , HK Army, BB40/DRO, Big Bites BBQ, and Lehigh Valley Paintball!
R.I.P. - Philly Notorious, Hater Kidz, Philly Blackhearts, Paintball on the Fly.
weKILLsucker$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM #23
Dreadwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogz View Post
Reckless might not even play epl anymore we're take our chances in gpl some of u people. can say what u want but I was on the field and I'm not the only one who feel the same way u guys I feel complain I'm just speaking my mind personally your home teams shouldn't be allowed to play epl while there at lvp I saw some Philly guys reffing the blue field but at this point it doesn't matter u guys took first place congrats on your win in my opinion anytime epl comes to lvp I'll skip that event or go play gpl No more lvp for any of us
First EPL event in 2011 was at LVP, where we finished 8th. Obviously our illustrious 8th place finish was due to ref favortism. The last EPL event in 2011 was also at LVP, where we lost to Zodiac Killers in the finals and finished 2nd...you guys finished 9th...

So, your arguement saying we shouldn't be allowed to play at our home field is just...retarded.

Good luck if you play MAPL/GPL, they run a good tournament from what I hear.
Dreadwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM #24
jjdogz

Annual Supporting Member
jjdogz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jjdogz supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadwolfe View Post
First EPL event in 2011 was at LVP, where we finished 8th. Obviously our illustrious 8th place finish was due to ref favortism. The last EPL event in 2011 was also at LVP, where we lost to Zodiac Killers in the finals and finished 2nd...you guys finished 9th...

So, your arguement saying we shouldn't be allowed to play at our home field is just...retarded.

Good luck if you play MAPL/GPL, they run a good tournament from what I hear.
Hey dread there's nothing wrong of u speaking your mind just like me we all have our personal opinion we can all talk about this for days but I'll be damn if I can't speak my mind about any tournament That I play in all I know is when it comes to epl watch out for any home team from lvp I give respect when it's due I lose like a man I win as a team and play as a team people work hard to play these tournaments all year long some of us just wanna actually earn our first place not have the refs pulling players for so called hits on them
TEAM BPS O.G..
TopGun Paintball
HiVi Paintball
Social Paintball
jjdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM #25
N4de kiLLer

N4de kiLLer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
N4de kiLLer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
N4de kiLLer plays in the APPA D4 division
This was my first tournament ever and it was exactly how I expected it to be, the refs on the blue field were fair and caught "most" hits.. but some of the waiting got ridiculous and I almost got hypothermia lol... Every sport is going to have its winners and its losers people just need to realize it
Old 04-23-2012, 12:45 PM #26
weKILLsucker$
Hollywood

You heard the man, watch out for LVP teams! We come to win!
Sponsered by:Lehigh Valley Paintball , HK Army, BB40/DRO, Big Bites BBQ, and Lehigh Valley Paintball!
R.I.P. - Philly Notorious, Hater Kidz, Philly Blackhearts, Paintball on the Fly.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:49 PM #27
Dreadwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogz View Post
Hey dread there's nothing wrong of u speaking your mind just like me we all have our personal opinion we can all talk about this for days but I'll be damn if I can't speak my mind about any tournament That I play in all I know is when it comes to epl watch out for any home team from lvp I give respect when it's due I lose like a man I win as a team and play as a team people work hard to play these tournaments all year long some of us just wanna actually earn our first place not have the refs pulling players for so called hits on them
Err, I was providing factual information, but you read it how you wanna read it, lol!
Dreadwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM #28
jjdogz

Annual Supporting Member
jjdogz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jjdogz supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by weKILLsucker$ View Post
You heard the man, watch out for LVP teams! We come to win!
That's right lol watch out
TEAM BPS O.G..
TopGun Paintball
HiVi Paintball
Social Paintball
jjdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:13 PM #29
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D4 division
key word is earn that first place, they dont hand it out. If it was easy it wouldnt be worth playing for. From watching this event and not actually playing it, and actually knowing all the refs and most players on most teams unlike others only speculate they do, I can tell you personally the reffs sunday dont even know the names of 6/7 of the winning team, let alone like them or even play with them since the majority of refs, contrary to popular belief, do not play at lvp or even with lvp teams on the regular. Reading this talk event after event gets tiring. Stop thinking you're the best and prove it if you can. Personally i was surprised to see both teams in the finals as I thought OTP united was playing the best ball all day.
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:55 PM #30
EPLseries
EPL

Just a heads up to all of teams that played on the Blue field:

The RED field ran on time during the event. The Blue field finished about 1hr and 30 minuets early do to a team not showing up and having fewer games scheduled. Had the “missing team” shown up then both fields would have stopped around the same time. We where told the “missing” team was on the way, but they never showed.

We decided to continue with the RED field and it original schedule due to the simple fact that most teams had been playing all day on the RED field and I was not going to force them to start playing on the BLUE field just because I wanted to finish the tournament faster. The layouts where the same, however there humans setting up these fields and I know that there are different shots on each field. I was not going to stop the event, allow teams to walk the BLUE field, and then start back up. That would have delayed things even further.

Switching fields would have been unfair to the players and teams. I refuse to force a sudden change, like switching fields, on a team during their final rounds. I have seen done it in the past and I will not do it. (just drawing on my experience here).

To everyone else:

They APPA servers actually failed. The event would have had to stop until the servers where fixed had it not been for the registration staff working throughout the prelims to figure which games needed to be play in the final round of the RaceTo-2 format. They kept us running and we did not miss a beat. Once the APPA servers came online, we where able to get all of the scores on to the electronic scoreboard which the APPA provides. Quarter finals, semi-finals, and finals ran as fast as the teams would get to the field.

The refs at the event where not trying to make Philly Notorious win. A large number of our referees had never even been to LVP South before. None of us have an interest in who wins. All of us want to provide the best tournament experience possible.

Stating the “I am going to go play ________________”.(<<insert whoever you want). I have heard it plenty over the years and other “promoters” tell me they hear it often. My response ,both publically and privately, is…I encourage everyone who plays tournament paintball to try leagues. That way you will have a better comparison and then will be able to choose the league that best meets your needs.

I don’t know if anyone noticed but registration was fast and efficient. We started checking 32 teams in at 6:30am and finished with ID cards, roster changes, and waivers just before 7:45am. This was a huge improvement over years past. We have an efficient system in place and we plan on using it from now on.

We would like to Thank LVP South for host the first event of the EPL North. We look forward to returning in 2013.

Thanks to all of the teams who participated the Tri-State Open. I was our largest turnout to date and we could not have done it without your support. We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM #31
weKILLsucker$
Hollywood

And a big thanks to you guys at the EPL for having the event run smoothly, even with the weather you guys were on top of things! Thanks for having a great event and we will see yous all at event 2
Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM #32
EPLseries
EPL

Here are the Scores from the event.

Event Scores
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM #33
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPLseries View Post
Just a heads up to all of teams that played on the Blue field:

The RED field ran on time during the event. The Blue field finished about 1hr and 30 minuets early do to a team not showing up and having fewer games scheduled. Had the “missing team” shown up then both fields would have stopped around the same time. We where told the “missing” team was on the way, but they never showed.

We decided to continue with the RED field and it original schedule due to the simple fact that most teams had been playing all day on the RED field and I was not going to force them to start playing on the BLUE field just because I wanted to finish the tournament faster. The layouts where the same, however there humans setting up these fields and I know that there are different shots on each field. I was not going to stop the event, allow teams to walk the BLUE field, and then start back up. That would have delayed things even further.

Switching fields would have been unfair to the players and teams. I refuse to force a sudden change, like switching fields, on a team during their final rounds. I have seen done it in the past and I will not do it. (just drawing on my experience here).
Definitely the right way to go about it. Switching the fields would have been way worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPLseries View Post
To everyone else:

They APPA servers actually failed. The event would have had to stop until the servers where fixed had it not been for the registration staff working throughout the prelims to figure which games needed to be play in the final round of the RaceTo-2 format. They kept us running and we did not miss a beat. Once the APPA servers came online, we where able to get all of the scores on to the electronic scoreboard which the APPA provides. Quarter finals, semi-finals, and finals ran as fast as the teams would get to the field.

The refs at the event where not trying to make Philly Notorious win. A large number of our referees had never even been to LVP South before. None of us have an interest in who wins. All of us want to provide the best tournament experience possible.

Stating the “I am going to go play ________________”.(<<insert whoever you want). I have heard it plenty over the years and other “promoters” tell me they hear it often. My response ,both publically and privately, is…I encourage everyone who plays tournament paintball to try leagues. That way you will have a better comparison and then will be able to choose the league that best meets your needs.

I don’t know if anyone noticed but registration was fast and efficient. We started checking 32 teams in at 6:30am and finished with ID cards, roster changes, and waivers just before 7:45am. This was a huge improvement over years past. We have an efficient system in place and we plan on using it from now on.

We would like to Thank LVP South for host the first event of the EPL North. We look forward to returning in 2013.

Thanks to all of the teams who participated the Tri-State Open. I was our largest turnout to date and we could not have done it without your support. We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Are the refs EPL refs that will be the same at each event or were the refs LVP Refs that only reffed this event? Just wondering. As far as everything else i think it went as smooth as it could given the weather.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:53 PM #34
weKILLsucker$
Hollywood

Although you may not believe me, yes they are EPL's own ref's and NOT LVP ref's