PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2012, 01:10 PM #1
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

theemohunter has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quest wont air up

I got a quest from pbn a couple of days ago and i tried airing it up but it didnt work. i sounded like it aired up but the lpr gauge read a little above 0. So i couldn't shoot it, ii took off the tank and just kept walking the trigger because i was confused on what the problem was and then after about 2 min air just bled out of the gun and i was like wtf? so im going to take it to a close shop by my house so they can check it out tomorrow but i wanted to post here first maybe im just missing something!? so let me know what can be the problem!
d(-_-)b
Paintball..my Antidrug. Because when your addicted to paintball how can you possibly afford drugs.
BOB LONG RIPPER
theemohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM #2
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Your lpr hasn't been turned in at all, has it? Turn it in to 3 turns, or about 100 psi. Post back after that. If your lpr is turned in, then disregard this and check to see what your dwell is at. 6 -9 is where it should be, or so. Then again, Idk what bolt kit you have, or what you lubed it with.but, it sounds like, and im just guessing, that you may have taken your lpr to look at it, and when you screwed it back on you forgot to turn it in. if after that it recocks and shoots fine then problem solved. It should, though.

Last edited by Headshotted : 04-22-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Headshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:02 PM #3
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

Well i cant try it out now i sent my tank in to get it hydroed so i have to wait till i get it back but ill se if my friend can help me out then ill post back here
d(-_-)b
Paintball..my Antidrug. Because when your addicted to paintball how can you possibly afford drugs.
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 PM #4
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Get air first, make sure your lpr is tuned in before letting anyone else handle it. Unless they know what a quest is and what to expect... They are super easy to figure out.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM #5
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

HEy i fixed the problem but now i have a problem everytime i turn on my gun after i air it up. I go to shoot and little air comes out of the gun sounds like its coming out of the trigger but i dont know, then a couple shots about 7 shots of basically nothing later the first ball comes out and falls like 5 feet away then the next ball shoot normal its good after that, but this always happens when i first air up the gun and turn it on. so let me know your ideas ill make a video its its too confusing
d(-_-)b
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM #6
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 is playing at Living Legends VII
Demo2222 supports Empire
sounds like first shot drop off or "fsdo" or bad bolt stick
couple questions for you:
what lube are you using?
what bolt are you using?
what board are you using?

videos always help

Last edited by Demo2222 : 04-26-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Demo2222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM #7
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

how can i fix this fsdo problem, but i have a critical bolt im using hater and i have the raiders board ill make a vid tmo if i dont find a solution
d(-_-)b
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 PM #8
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 supports Empire
have any other lube? I had issues with hater sauce. Others have and do use it with success, but I had an issue similar to yours and switching to a thinner lube helped a ton. I suggest trying either "monkey poo" or "slick honey".
\ reset the board to stock settings just in case its out of whack
I'm pretty sure the ape board has a fsdo setting which basically ups the amount of air the noid will use(actually it increases the open time for the noid, doesnt use more air) on the first shot after sitting a while. upping that number a bit will help.
its worth mentioning that the critical bolt was a tighter fit in the marker than the stock bolt

Last edited by Demo2222 : 04-26-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:11 PM #9
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

no i dont have any other lube unfortunately i thought hater would be perfect so i bought it. How do i reset the board i looked at the manual i didnt find how to do it, there is a mention on first shot drop off in it it says to turn off my bolt stick dwell so im going to try that when i air up tmo, but i know the bolt is so tight in the gun i have to basically yank it out of there its hard sometimes
d(-_-)b
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM #10
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

should i invest in a new bolt then? would that help a little?
d(-_-)b
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 PM #11
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 supports Empire
I wouldnt just yet,
the setting on the ape board is called "bolt stick dwell" you would want to increase this number maybe 3 at a time to see if it helps

by the way you describe the bolt being so hard to get in and out you may need to try some slightly smaller orings around the bolt. experiment with em. Try to find some that make contact yet move freely with lube.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 PM #12
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 supports Empire
I'd try the lube for sure before a new bolt.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 PM #13
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

try mixing 3 parts of super.lube Teflon lube to.one part of hater sauce, or of you have a radio shack get precision lube, its a little tube with a needle tip, same thing. that is all I run in my quest with no issues
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 PM #14
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

what if i lube my inside of my gun a little would that make it slide better in a way? ill try the the orings and ill order monkey poo wheni have the chance, but do you guys really think its the lube and nothing with the gun?
d(-_-)b
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 AM #15
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 supports Empire
Does your quest have a guage for the lpr? what is it reading?

you dont want to overlube the bolt, too much can be a bad thing, but I usually do put a little lube on the inside of the tube before I reinsert the bolt.
I personally think its a combination of the lube, new orings?, and the snug fitting rsf bolt.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 AM #16
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

the lpr is fine i put it about 90 ish well then how is the goldmember bolt i was thinking about getting that but there aren't many on the sites to buy it idk if feels like the bolt is the problem its way to tight what bolt do you guys have?
d(-_-)b
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 AM #17
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

get a 4b if your getting a new bolt. Try lube first. Seriously. Super lube tubes can be had at ace, or go to radio shack and pick up some.needle.tip.precision Teflon lube, mix it with your hater. it runs just fine. you may want.to turn in your lpr to 100 though. not all fund are ths same. my quest doesn't like.to run below 100.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 AM #18
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 supports Empire
you could try running the lp a little higher- I've had to run mine around 110 befor with new rings, that was with the hater sauce, after switching to slick honey the marker will cycle all the way down at 60... I dial at 80 and am goooooooooooooooooooood.

the 4b is the best design but also the priciest

I run with the 4b in one and the rsf in my other one

I've got a stock bolt laying around and I should have a goldmember here next week, pm me if you want to work something out to try those.
but like I said, smaller o-rings will make it not sooo tight and might be another option, usually you can find rings that are slightly smaller even though they are "the same size" because of variance in manufacturing tolerances.

Last edited by Demo2222 : 04-27-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM #19
Whitey818
Critical For LIFE

the rsf bolt has tighter tolerances then the stock bolts. You might have to run it at about 100 on the lpr till it breaks in. Also change your fsdo setting on the board. Increase by 1-2 and see if it fixes dont go over 4-5 if your still having an issue try changing the middle pin and middle bolt orings or greasing up the inside of the body as well.
Whitey818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 PM #20
theemohunter
Mr SeriouspL xD

i run it at 100 now its getting there but it still has trouble starting off, i cant change the bolt stick dwell past 16 and thats the default thats the only fsdo setting to change. i still didnt try the lube because i dont have time to buy more im going to stick to hater unfortunately. It might be the solenoid because it takes a couple dry fire shots that leak from the trigger more than a little that go slowly build up up to the fsdo. So i waste air a couple of shots to charge up the solenoid then if finally gets the pressure, Its what my local pb store said but im going to take it to a local field to see a tech and see what he says
d(-_-)b
BOB LONG RIPPER
Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 PM #21
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Don't discard anything of what we are saying until you try a different lube. that may be the difference between day and night. seriously. Ooc, who's quest did you pick up? pictures? we may know of what was done to it.previosuly, and may be able to.troubleshoot better.