BARBdaMan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Make a thread+______=Profit.
BARBdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 AM #25
alpacheco19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreesquePaintball

A friend of mine is actually personally sponsored by Dye. Free Marker, Pants, mask, and extra goodies every year.
Pretty sure he's not personally sponsored by dye. It's just called rich parents
Old 06-21-2012, 08:00 AM #26
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
You need a resume. Well established local tourney wins helps a ton. I mean a local bank, restaurant, sport shoes store, or something of that nature would be best. I mean think of it this way, you're only going to get sponsorships where you're tourneys are. Local tourney? Local sponsor. National tourney? National sponsor. Sometimes dye or empire reaches out further and dyes sponsorship package has the best bang for your buck I hear. But yeah get an established team, hang out, bond some, win some **** and then try for a few sponsors.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:06 PM #27
Clear

Clear plays in the APPA beginner division
Clear has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You gotta have somewhat of a businessman's mind to get good sponsors. Businesses look for what sponsoring you will do to heir company. Businesses, even local, are at hard times right now and can't just give out money to help a team in a sport that's not very well known, face it paintball has declined in the public.

Heres an example email that I used to get a certain energy drink company to sponsor our team
"We, Louisville Afterlife, would love to get a chance at a sponsorship proposal through xxxxxxxxxxx. In sponsoring our team we will display your logo 1-3 times on our jersey (One good size on the front, one on the back and two on the sleeves or collarbone), along with our team banner and we will give you the exclusive chance to be our official Barrel Plug and Barrel Banner sponsor. On barrel banners and plugs there is only room for one logo and we would love for your logo to be on it. How you sponsor us is completely up to your standards, we would just be honored to be the first paintball team to be sponsored by the very own xxxxxxx. I can give you a much more in depth view of our team and the sponsorship opportunity we can offer, if you email me at Xxxxxxxxx or shoot xxxxxxxxx a phone call at xxx-xxx-xxxx if I dont pick up please by all means leave me a voicemail and I will get back to you in great time.

Thanks so much for your time,"

People say "Oh companies only want people who win" and all that. This is somewhat true, they do want winners. What companies really want is a team that will be loyal to them, and truly help their company out. For example one of our sponsors gave us a cooler and 360 drinks, so very practice we fill the cooler up and hand out their drinks.

Companies would rather have a team that can bring them a thousand dollars of business and not win, rather than a team that doesn't bring them nothing and costs them money but finishes 1st every tournament they enter.

Sorry for the long rant, but I am very well endowed with sponsorship. I have been dealing with companies and sponsors for 3 years. A perfect example is my team that I founded, we have yet to play a single tournament and we have 8 sponsors. Working on 3 more. If anyone has any questions or needs help please PM me and I can help you as much as possible.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:09 PM #28
LzM
i r teh LzM

LzM is playing at Living Legends V
LzM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LzM supports Sherwood Forest
LzM posts videos on PbNation
LzM plays in the APPA beginner division
LzM is attending Decay of Nations VI
LzM supports DLX Technology
Hop on a team. Or hit up zephyrpaintball.com with an email. they basically give out sponsorships
Old 06-23-2012, 06:29 PM #29
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcMan13
I really need some advice on how to get sponsored and what happens when I get sponsored. I try emailing local componies such as Dick's Sporting Goods but i don't know if i did the right thing.....someone please help me...if i need to be on team, any offers, I live in Charleston,S.C.
Just reading the title first thing I thought is if u have to ask u never will
Vanquish 1.5, Ice cuba luxe, Protégé, Cleanest 05 ego on PBN all FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82434857
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:58 PM #30
dragon6g
I shoot dead people

send every PB company a letter or an intelligent email asking for sponsorship. If you keep doing over an over some one will bite.
take everything in my sig cheap ! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4189113
Check out our team website
http://www.wix.com/hellbringer120/Resistance
dragon6g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 AM #31
kingnaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcMan13 View Post
I really need some advice on how to get sponsored and what happens when I get sponsored. I try emailing local componies such as Dick's Sporting Goods but i don't know if i did the right thing.....someone please help me...if i need to be on team, any offers, I live in Charleston,S.C.
my dad works for the company and they are not interested in any teams that are not pro like dynasty legion aftershock ect. try local paintball shops thats how i got mine was by going to the locals they often like sponsoring their hometown people unless you just completely suck
kingnaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:35 PM #32
Calais

Calais owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Calais is for the Gunfight
Calais has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What makes you think a company wants to sponsor you? How many tournaments do you attend/place in per year? Sponsorships are about making money; companies offer special pricing to teams so that when those teams play in national tournaments their company's name is advertised and other paintball players want the type of gear that those successful teams are using. Unless your team is talented and attends a lot of events forget it.

Why do you want to be sponsored? Do you think that you get free stuff? You are not going to save money by being sponsored, plain and simple. The only way you get a sponsorship is if you play a lot of events and hopefully place well in them to give the sponsor's business exposure. The costs associated with playing multiple national events (which cost $1000's each), countless practices to get ready for the events (multiple cases of paint per weekend plus entry), travel to practice with teams in the same division and travel to events (airfare is not cheap) and a tournament level setup ($1000 if you buy used) adds up to a fortune. Say, for example, Bob Long sponsors you and instead of paying $1,000 for 2012 G6R, you pay $850 (I'm pulling numbers out of my *** here) that is the most minute drop in the bucket saved in relation to how much money you are going to spend on event. You may get paint at 25% off but you are going to shoot 5x as many cases. You may pay half price for paintball pants, jerseys and pads but you are going to tear through them twice as quickly.

Sponsorship only helps lessen the financial burden of paying for tournament paintball, it doesn't mean you get free stuff and save a whole bunch of money. Unless you're Ollie Lang you will probably never even come close to breaking even playing tournament paintball...
Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 AM #33
sniperzMILITIA
Live To Play Play To Live

Anything is possible for sponsorships... all you have to do is be determined. I spent the time writing a sponsorship package, sort of like a resume type thing. I did an introductory letter, biography of our players and and information and request sheet. I am going to be sending these out to local buisnesses and paintball companies. I already have a sponsorship from our local field for practice deals, I have a sponsorship from the league I primarily play for and I have a sponsorship from ansgear.com. This is my first season playing and we just played our 4th event together as a team and we've placed 2nd once... Be determined and work for it. Dont expect something for nothing.
ansgear.com

Marker Setup:
Black with gold parts Ego 11, Rotor, Empire 68/4500 w/ black DYE Rhino cover, Violent Deuce trigger
sniperzMILITIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM #34
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
If you have to ask, I wouldn't worry about it...in time it will come, don't worry.

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 PM #35
hazmathillary
I aim to misbehave

Annual Supporting Member
hazmathillary owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
http://socialpaintball.com/2012/08/1...-sponsorships/

Here is some good information provided by Mike Paxson on how to get a sponsorship.
hazmathillary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM #36
Green Mustard
I know mustard is yellow.

Annual Supporting Member
Green Mustard plays in the PSP
Green Mustard is an NCPA player
Green Mustard plays in the APPA D5 division
Green Mustard supports Empire
Green Mustard is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmathillary View Post
http://socialpaintball.com/2012/08/1...-sponsorships/

Here is some good information provided by Mike Paxson on how to get a sponsorship.
^ Very informative. Thanks for the find!
Green Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 AM #37
revo900
Big Guys Play Snake Too!

revo900 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
revo900 supports Team VICIOUS
revo900 is an NCPA player
A lot of people are a little to negative here... some are even making it sound like its impossible. Getting a sponsor has to be formal in a written letter and you have to be very respectful. Get your team's background story together and show how dedicated to the sport you are. Make key points on why they should sponsor you and what you can give them. Finally don't aim too high... divisional teams dont get free gear or paint the get help getting that stuff. As the team grows your sponsors with support you more. In other words don't contact empire expecting a free axe but HOPE that they can help give your team a good foundation to build off of; discounts on gear, shipments of pods, and small things other small things to help you guys win. And when you do win be proud to say their name on the podium.

Josh Tolentino #61
Penn State NCPA
Meadowland Field Team MAPL/PSP

Guns on Guns on Guns
revo900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:15 AM #38
GregT
Team Fat Kid

Annual Supporting Member
GregT is for the Gunfight
GregT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GregT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think the issue is that you need to find or put together a team first. Your last line in the post is "if i need to be on team, any offers, I live in Charleston,S.C.", which makes me believe that you don't have a team together yet.

I'm extremely new to the sport, I've only been playing for a year. But I have been fortunate enough to be on two active teams, basically because I can spare the time and have the finances to support it. Div-5,4,3 teams seem to always need active players outside of their initial membership to keep going, because life is busy and paintball is expensive. I think rather than be looking for sponsorhip, I'd be more interested in asking 'How do I find an established team playing tournament paintball, or how do I start a new team?'

Just my impression.

And as for finding sponsorship for an established team, you need to do some marketing research. You are basically presenting yourself as a brand, and you are trying to convince the companies to employ your brand to promote them. Social media is an inexpensive way to create an active presence, create Facebook pages for your team or full websites if you can afford it and have the expertise to build it. Get or borrow a good camera and get some pictures together showing that you are an active team. Name your team something that people would be willing use as promotion in their stores/place of buisness. Not too many places of work would be willing to proudly display a team photo and thank you certificate from the South Carolina Baby Punchers.

If you were an owner it is more likely that you would sponsor a team with a Facebook site, active Twitter feed, good community reputation and a bunch of followers that are potential customers. And that costs $0. Look at comedians like Dane Cook, or reality stars like Tela Tequila, they made huge followings on social media and the web before they started having commercial success.

Take the time and do the research. Make yourself team that is marketable as a brand and you will have an easier time.

Last edited by GregT : 08-22-2012 at 10:26 AM.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote