Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 AM #1
Epsidufus

Good, Beginner Airsoft Gun? Details inside.

Thanks for reading,

So I primarily play paintball. My friends bug me about playing Airsoft, though I like the feeling of paintball more, so I am looking into guns. Now I love up close and personal, but my personal best is a support figure (like the man who covers advances and provides cover fire, but concentrated). I'm not looking for any super fast shooting machine gun, but I'm not looking for a sniper rifle either. Also, is it good to have a sidearm? Or just carry duel sidearms? From playing paintball I am leaning towards gas powered, like CO2.
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2014, 01:57 AM #2
Planet Eclipse 07
Pump - Aim - Fire

Annual Supporting Member
Planet Eclipse 07 plays in the PSP
Planet Eclipse 07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Planet Eclipse 07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Planet Eclipse 07 posts videos on PbNation
Planet Eclipse 07 supports Empire
I faced this same consideration when I went off to college a couple years ago,couldn't really afford to play paintball anymore with tuititon fees until recently so I got involved with airsoft. on the matter of Gas vs. Electic operation, i personally prefer electirc for a few reasons. One of the biggest being if you don't play at an official field that doesn't have a pro shop finding green gas or substitues for it can be troublesome. A lot of companies stopped shipping the cans because of new regulations (that was a year or two ago, but i've since seena couple online retailers start doing it again) Also, gas doesn't always work well in the winter if your into winter games, sometimes it doesn't work at all, it all depends on the temperature. Also, gas mags don't usually hold a lot of BBs (30-50is), and if you're not running a direct line from a tank (those guns are wicked expensive sometimes) you can get 2 -3 mags worth of BBs per fill. Thats why I prefer electirc, but its a matter of prefference and what seasons you play in.

I have a JG M4s and i haven't had a need to get anything else. it works great, gets around 1,500-2,000 shots on a 9.6v 1600mha battery, and if you get mid cap mags (hold 100-150) you can be a beast at support, just hold down the trigger!

For a starter gun for electic i would get something by JG. They don't have a lot of the bells and whistles but it seems like you're not really after that and honestly you don't really need it for this sport most of the time. For a gas rifle, G&G makes some pretty good stuff that won't break bank, but you're going to need a lot of mags and they aren't cheap ($30-40 for a 30 round mag)

Its an entierly different sport, i though about just sticking with gas at first too, but honestly Electric is cheaper to maintain and in my opinion works a lot better for support, but its all a matter of preference.
Planet Eclipse 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 PM #3
PacPB16

Hey man,
As far as airsoft goes electric is the way to go. Basically the same thing as gas but you don't need to pay for expensive c02 cartridges. I have a absolutely MINT kwa m4 ris full metal assault rifle for sale. Ive used maybe three times. It retails for 350 without charger and batteries. If you'd like i will give you gun, batteries, charger, 1000 bbs and a speed loader for 310 bucks shipped. You just pay paypal fees if you don't want to gift it.
PacPB16 is offline   Reply With Quote