PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 PM #232
marcozombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
How do you know he started the confrontation? He followed martin at a distance to make sure he didn't rob his neighbors houses, then trayvon ran and zimmerman got the street name trayvon ran down and was walking back to meet the officer, after that is where it gets fuzzy.
"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog (sic) in an effort to dispel each party's concern" the request said. "There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity."
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2012, 02:30 PM #233
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
No, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with manslaughter. It's also not illegal to defend yourself against a perceived threat, it's not like Zimmerman was a victim in this.

He told the 911 operator he was following Martin and hung up.
Zimmerman is a victim to an extent, the only proven thing in this case is that trayvon was on top of him, punching him and slamming his head in the concrete, and zimmerman feared for his life and shot him.

Second, no he didn't the operator told him not to follow and he said okay and kept talking, the clip you heard prolly cut it off to make zimmerman look like he disobeyed the order/suggestion.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:34 PM #234
R2-D2
stormtroopers can't shoot

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
R2-D2 plays in the APPA D4 division
it's funny how the clips in this case have been portrayed to support each side. I sure hope the courtroom hears the entire call for fairness' sake. the jurors must've been selected from somewhere with no Internet, tv, or neighbors, since everyone in the us has an opinion on this
R2-D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:34 PM #235
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
You can hear him say "crap I don't want to get the hell out, I don't know where this kid is" after he said he ran off. Martin runs off, Zimmerman's in his truck yet he ends up on the ground not by an road with Trayvon on top of him.

"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:36 PM #236
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Quote:
No, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with manslaughter. It's also not illegal to defend yourself against a perceived threat, it's not like Zimmerman was a victim in this.
He was very much so at a point. Otherwise Martin would not have fighting wounds on his fists (as supported by current autopsy results including marijuana use) and Zimmerman would not have had a broken nose and lacerations on the back of his skull. If you're on the ground being beaten by a younger, more in-shape individual who is also taller than you, it doesn't take long to realize your life is in danger.

I don't feel that it all went very well for either of them but when something is the past you realize you were making choices and you didn't even know it.

In the same scenario not reported by the media he'd be cleared for self defense and that'd be it. He'd have to live with the knowledge that he took a life for the rest of his own life. What we don't know is how mob rule will affect what has already been muddled into a severely biased indecent.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:39 PM #237
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
He was very much so at a point. Otherwise Martin would not have fighting wounds on his fists (as supported by current autopsy results including marijuana use) and Zimmerman would not have had a broken nose and lacerations on the back of his skull. If you're on the ground being beaten by a younger, more in-shape individual who is also taller than you, it doesn't take long to realize your life is in danger.

I don't feel that it all went very well for either of them but when something is the past you realize you were making choices and you didn't even know it.

In the same scenario not reported by the media he'd be cleared for self defense and that'd be it. He'd have to live with the knowledge that he took a life for the rest of his own life. What we don't know is how mob rule will affect what has already been muddled into a severely biased indecent.
That depends on the immunity hearing. The minute he got out of his vehicle, pursued the individual while armed, he's not a victim and the whole thing was easily avoided. He made a huge mistake and hopefully he pays for it.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM #238
marcozombie

Quote:
Zimmerman is a victim to an extent, the only proven thing in this case is that trayvon was on top of him, punching him and slamming his head in the concrete, and zimmerman feared for his life and shot him.

Second, no he didn't the operator told him not to follow and he said okay and kept talking, the clip you heard prolly cut it off to make zimmerman look like he disobeyed the order/suggestion.
I would argue that martin was defending HIMSELF after feeling threatned by zimmerman; he was standing HIS ground and beat the **** out of a guy that was following him around for no apparent reason. zimmerman got his *** handed to him and was able point his weapon and fire it at martins chest, which was located (according to the medical examiner) at moderate range from him. Why he didn't point the gun at martin and just tell him to chill out untill the cops got there is what i wonder.

Last edited by marcozombie : 05-18-2012 at 02:43 PM.
marcozombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 PM #239
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
I would argue that martin was defending HIMSELF after feeling threatned by zimmerman; he was standing HIS ground and beat the **** out of a guy that was following him around for no apparent reason.
1. You can't assault someone for following you.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:49 PM #240
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
1. You can't assault someone for following you.
What about if the person following you points a gun at you?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:49 PM #241
Iamamartianchurch

Yeah throw him in prison, he'll pay for his crimes. I'll feel much better knowing hes going to spend the rest of his life on my dollar!
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:50 PM #242
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Yeah throw him in prison, he'll pay for his crimes. I'll feel much better knowing hes going to spend the rest of his life on my dollar!
It's better to kill them all, a bullet is cheaper than a cell, right?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:51 PM #243
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
I've been tuned out of this one for a bit, but is there any indication that Zimmerman revealed he had a weapon prior to the fight breaking out?

also, you run or do what they say. Taking fists to a gunfight is monumentally stupid.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 05-18-2012, 02:52 PM #244
F1VENOM

Quote:
I've been tuned out of this one for a bit, but is there any indication that Zimmerman revealed he had a weapon prior to the fight breaking out?

also, you run or do what they say.
He did run away and Zimmerman pursued. There's no evidence of how the confrontation happened.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM #245
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
It's better to kill them all, a bullet is cheaper than a cell, right?
If someone has done something serious enough that they have to be removed from society for the rest of their life, hang them. Or give them the option to perform labor in exchange for a cell. That way they get live and pay for it.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 PM #246
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
There's no evidence of how the confrontation happened.
so how would you have any indication that zimmerman drew his weapon prior to the scuffle, as you implied in your post?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 PM #247
marcozombie

on a side note, (and according to the open carry thread) If martin would have been armed and openly carring, this would have never happened.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 PM #248
F1VENOM

Quote:
If someone has done something serious enough that they have to be removed from society for the rest of their life, hang them. Or give them the option to perform labor in exchange for a cell. That way they get live and pay for it.
So you want to lynch Zimmerman?

Quote:
so how would you have any indication that zimmerman drew his weapon prior to the scuffle, as you implied in your post?
As much as you stating that Trayvon initiated the confrontation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
on a side note, (and according to the open carry thread) If martin would have been armed and openly carring, this would have never happened.
Clever.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 PM #249
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
So you want to lynch Zimmerman?

Clever.
I was being sarcastic you nitwit. I am being serious however about my views towards the justice system.

I don't care who initiated it. The negro obviously beat the **** outta the white/maybe jew to a point that he had to shoot him. Common sense tells me that if you see a gun, you don't rush headlong in and start swinging.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 PM #250
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
why do you keep making stuff up to try to back up your argument?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 PM #251
F1VENOM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic you nitwit. I am being serious however about my views towards the justice system.

I don't care who initiated it. The negro obviously beat the **** outta the white/maybe jew to a point that he had to shoot him. Common sense tells me that if you see a gun, you don't rush headlong in and start swinging.
You have fun defending that.

Quote:
why do you keep making stuff up to try to back up your argument?
Making a ridiculous assertion to counter another ridiculous assertion. What have I made up?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:00 PM #252
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
I never stated he started the confrontation. I said "You can't assault someone for following you." in response to marco implying that assault is a viable solution to a person following you.