Community Focus

Old 10-25-2012, 08:35 PM #505
gijoey959
I Kill Suckers

gijoey959 plays in the PSP
gijoey959 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
gijoey959 plays in the APPA beginner division
gijoey959 supports DLX Technology
Welp, I just made my pressure tester this afternoon, and I gotta say, its not as sleek as I had hoped, but for $7, I'm happy to have it lol

I had to buy a gauge, and GOOD thing I brought the reg with me, because it turns out, marco fittings are 1/8 NPT threaded and the only gauge I could find at home depot was 1/4 NPT anyway, I just took the reg part of the CP shorty out, screwed the bottom third to the top third to keep the tester short, and because when I came up with the idea, I didn't have the thread converters in mind anyway, I get my zodiac tomorrow!!!!

DA LUXE MOB + MACDEV MILITIA
DYE Invision Owners Club
THE MARQ CLAN
HOUSTON HEAT FAN #11
gijoey959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:37 AM #506
jahwar_le_terrible

i love my ZR-1 but not possible to me to buy a upgrade bolt 1.5 no dealer in europe and zodiac don't want to sell me one because i buy my used marker in canada ....
jahwar_le_terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 AM #507
gijoey959
I Kill Suckers

I'll be doing a vid tomorrow when I go use my zodiac for the first time, but really this marker is amazing!!

I can't say enough good things about this gun. I tuned it like instructed in this thread, this gun has ZERO kick, and shoots smooth like greased glass I also figured out all of the o rings in the marker, and there honestly aren't that much. This gun is amazingly simple, I didn't get down past the solenoid just because i didn't want to do any damage to the gun I have owned since yesterday at about 6PM , but litterally, the gun is so easy to get into and maintain, that I am amazed this marker isn't more popular! It feels great in the hands, its a ton lighter than my Ripper 2, its barrel is nice and short, its tank positioning with a 68/45 is a little short for me, but I like to keep my guns short for dorito work, the tank screws in and out perfectly easy, the board was easy to program... etc...

tl;dr
I'm in love

DYE Invision Owners Club
THE MARQ CLAN
HOUSTON HEAT FAN #11

Last edited by gijoey959 : 10-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 PM #508
gijoey959
I Kill Suckers

MOTHER EFF

Get to the field, everyone is oogling my beautiful zodiac, air it up, it not only does that overpressurization thing with my tank (I've added a shim to my reg since I've gotten home, so that's user error) but it won't get over 200 FPS over the chrono, and when I went to adjust the LPR, the screw stripped, and now I'm going to have to take it to a friend to have them drill and tap the hole to get the screw out

Not a great start, but I'm not giving up yet, last night's test shoot was too good to give up on this gun

DYE Invision Owners Club
THE MARQ CLAN
HOUSTON HEAT FAN #11
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM #509
Bushwood Bill

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoey959 View Post
MOTHER EFF

Get to the field, everyone is oogling my beautiful zodiac, air it up, it not only does that overpressurization thing with my tank (I've added a shim to my reg since I've gotten home, so that's user error) but it won't get over 200 FPS over the chrono, and when I went to adjust the LPR, the screw stripped, and now I'm going to have to take it to a friend to have them drill and tap the hole to get the screw out

Not a great start, but I'm not giving up yet, last night's test shoot was too good to give up on this gun
Wow! What pressure was your tank set at when you were at the field? And what screw stripped, the set screw?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM #510
p8ntballr68059
SOG Leprechaun Post Whore

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
i am getting one of these tomorrow in the mail on a trade.. the seller says the pressures need to be set.. i don't have the means where i am to make a pressure tester can anyone give me a hint on the turns to get 200 psi input. pm me with info that can help or a good tutorial on how to make a pressure tester i couldn't take the time to read this whole thread.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Luxe,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:44 PM #511
Bushwood Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr68059 View Post
i am getting one of these tomorrow in the mail on a trade.. the seller says the pressures need to be set.. i don't have the means where i am to make a pressure tester can anyone give me a hint on the turns to get 200 psi input. pm me with info that can help or a good tutorial on how to make a pressure tester i couldn't take the time to read this whole thread.
There is really no way to accurately set pressure by a certain amount of turns on the hpr. The cheapest way the make a tester is to use a remote line Asa adapter, remove nipple and install guage. There is a pic of one somewhere in the beginning of this thread.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 PM #512
p8ntballr68059

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
thank you for the fast response i will probably do that .. what size of gauge do i need for this can i get away with say a standard gauge i would put on my shocker reg
Vicious fan #42
Old 10-28-2012, 10:46 PM #513
gijoey959
I Kill Suckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill View Post
Wow! What pressure was your tank set at when you were at the field? And what screw stripped, the set screw?
It was an old school Ninja adjustable reg with no shims, which according to the Ninja employee I spoke to, would be around 500 psi, but I added a shim to get it around 650 when I got home.

And yeah, its the set screw for the LPR, nothing MAJOR, just a real pain on my first time using the marker, but hopefully it comes out no problem, and the screw shop down the street (they litterally make and sell screws and that's it, it was a life saver for my timmy ) has the screw since its pretty small, but hopefully the severe underpressure/drop off (my best description for it) will be solved by upping the LPR since the HPR pressure was no problem.

Oddly enough, when I got home, even with a full tank, the gun worked fine, no drop off, no balls barely making it out of the barrel, no triple or even quadruple feeds, nothing... IDK what to think at this point, its like it knows when its being watched and when there's no pressure. The only difference is I didn't use my hopper, but yesterday, I was using it with no problems. Its like it has a temper.

Also, what kind of battery does this marker take? I bought a standard 9v and it was way too short. Even though my battery doesn't need replacing badly, IDK how new it is, so I want to at least have a spare lol.

Quote:
thank you for the fast response i will probably do that .. what size of gauge do i need for this can i get away with say a standard gauge i would put on my shocker reg
The gauge you have is 1/8 NPT, any female threading that accepts a macro fitting is 1/8, so if you get a QD adapter it will fit your gauge. Your gauge needs to be able to read a bit more than 200 PSI, since that is the operating pressure for the marker.

DYE Invision Owners Club
THE MARQ CLAN
HOUSTON HEAT FAN #11
Old 10-28-2012, 11:39 PM #514
p8ntballr68059

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
ok so if i do that tester my next question is going to be where do i attach it at or screw it into
Vicious fan #42
Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 PM #515
Bushwood Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoey959 View Post
It was an old school Ninja adjustable reg with no shims, which according to the Ninja employee I spoke to, would be around 500 psi, but I added a shim to get it around 650 when I got home.

And yeah, its the set screw for the LPR, nothing MAJOR, just a real pain on my first time using the marker, but hopefully it comes out no problem, and the screw shop down the street (they litterally make and sell screws and that's it, it was a life saver for my timmy ) has the screw since its pretty small, but hopefully the severe underpressure/drop off (my best description for it) will be solved by upping the LPR since the HPR pressure was no problem.

Oddly enough, when I got home, even with a full tank, the gun worked fine, no drop off, no balls barely making it out of the barrel, no triple or even quadruple feeds, nothing... IDK what to think at this point, its like it knows when its being watched and when there's no pressure. The only difference is I didn't use my hopper, but yesterday, I was using it with no problems. Its like it has a temper.

Also, what kind of battery does this marker take? I bought a standard 9v and it was way too short. Even though my battery doesn't need replacing badly, IDK how new it is, so I want to at least have a spare lol.

The gauge you have is 1/8 NPT, any female threading that accepts a macro fitting is 1/8, so if you get a QD adapter it will fit your gauge. Your gauge needs to be able to read a bit more than 200 PSI, since that is the operating pressure for the marker.
As for Ninja tank pressure never trust what they say about shims and pressures. Always check tank pressure by using a asa on/off with a guage to check output pressure. Even with my Ninja pro regs all are different even if they have same amount of shims so always double check.

The guns are not tempermental they just need a certain tank pressure from 450-600, hpr to 200psi and your good to go. The only other thing is lube. If your using the supplied Hater V2 or somthing else like monkey poo use a light coating.

As for batteries I use Energizers I buy in bulk from Sams Club.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:48 PM #516
Bushwood Bill

Quote:
ok so if i do that tester my next question is going to be where do i attach it at or screw it into
Just unscrew the front forgrip (with NO air) and screw in tester. Air up and set to 200psi (new 1.5 bolt) 220 (old bolt).
Old 10-28-2012, 11:50 PM #517
p8ntballr68059

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
Quote:
Just unscrew the front forgrip (with NO air) and screw in tester. Air up and set to 200psi (new 1.5 bolt) 220 (old bolt).
good monkey poo is fine and thank you but new question how do i know if it is new or old bolt
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...313&highlight= marker i am getting... is the title correct or is that just him trying to squeeze more attention out of his thread
Vicious fan #42
Old 10-29-2012, 12:20 AM #518
Bushwood Bill

Quote:
good monkey poo is fine and thank you but new question how do i know if it is new or old bolt
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...313&highlight= marker i am getting... is the title correct or is that just him trying to squeeze more attention out of his thread
That one has old bolt that uses a little higher hpr/lpr pressure and as for color it's not 1of1 anno, it's just two stock colors swapped. If you want the new bolt/guide and new warranty hit up Cole69 (owner of Zodiac Chris Cole) and he will hook you up for a very reasonable price.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM #519
gijoey959
I Kill Suckers

Quote:
As for Ninja tank pressure never trust what they say about shims and pressures. Always check tank pressure by using a asa on/off with a guage to check output pressure. Even with my Ninja pro regs all are different even if they have same amount of shims so always double check.

The guns are not tempermental they just need a certain tank pressure from 450-600, hpr to 200psi and your good to go. The only other thing is lube. If your using the supplied Hater V2 or somthing else like monkey poo use a light coating.

As for batteries I use Energizers I buy in bulk from Sams Club.
I was using the same tank set to the same pressure when I tried it when I got home, so I have no Idea what was causing the really bad performance, but I added the extra shim just to make sure the tank was good.

I will try an even thinner coat of lube, I will admit, I did go slightly thick since I heard the guns really needed lube to work best, but I'm using a special lube mixture I learned from a Bob Long tech, 2 parts Dow 33, 1 part Dow 55, and Triflow until slick... EUREKA!!! Maybe the temper I was experiencing was just the thick *** coat of lube wearing off

lol, anyway, My 9v was way too short, it was a standard Energizer 9v, but it was like... maybe 1/8" shorter than the battery that the previous owner had in the gun? Are there different kinds of 9v batteries?

DYE Invision Owners Club
THE MARQ CLAN
HOUSTON HEAT FAN #11
Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 PM #520
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VI
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VII
If you are having pressure issues, it may be the bonnet. Cole and I fought with my ZR1 at NPPL Chicago because of my tank. The marker was flawless, but my tank, an older ninja, had a bonnet that was not working well with the zodiac hpr. My pressure was spiking on the marker, but when connected to ninjas "creep test" it was perfect. After messing with shims we finally put a new bonnet on the reg. BOOM no more issues.

I am not saying this is a ninja flaw, nor a zodiac flaw. Just something unfortunate, that might be causing over pressurizing issues on your markers. Regardless of the tank reg manufacturer, if they bonnet does not play nicely with the zodiac hpr pin, you might experience an unfortunate issue. I love ninja, and if it was not for their top not customer care, (especially their patience) we would not have been able to diagnose the unfortunate compatibility issue.

Personally, until the on/off is released I have been using my ol' aka 2liter with a standard on/off with bleed. Zr1 works every time, no issues what so ever. I do this primarily because I store my markers with the bottle on them. This allows me to do so without having to empty my bottle, or worry about constant pressure in the marker.

Renegade FTW....

Last edited by LU_aDaK : 10-29-2012 at 02:01 PM.
LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM #521
p8ntballr68059

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 is Boss

she got here today now i just need to get a pressure tester and my tank to shoot her.. but she is nice to hold i think i shall name her Penelope
Vicious fan #42

Last edited by p8ntballr68059 : 11-01-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 PM #522
gijoey959
I Kill Suckers

Nice!! Hopefully, I can pull this stripped grub screw out and fix my tank problems and I'll have this baby tearing faces in no time

Edit:
I also just bought a new tank bonnet, mine was pretty scratched anyway

DYE Invision Owners Club
THE MARQ CLAN
HOUSTON HEAT FAN #11

Last edited by gijoey959 : 10-29-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM #523
p8ntballr68059

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
im loving the ape board in it so easy to play with.. it will be shooting mad titties when i get the tank and tester made
Vicious fan #42
Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 PM #524
phinehas27

phinehas27 helped look for balloons
phinehas27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
just got a zr1 off of here I love it..I have been reading about a new bolt. where do I get one at?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 PM #525
Bushwood Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinehas27 View Post
just got a zr1 off of here I love it..I have been reading about a new bolt. where do I get one at?
Email Chris Cole or pm him on here Cole69 and he will take care of you.