PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2016, 11:36 AM #1
Shooter_J

Help finding an old part

Hello everyone!

Long time paintball player. First time poster on this site. So I apologize if this post is in the wrong place.

I come to you with a problem. A couple days a go I picked up a marker from a guy. Used, I knew it wouldn't be perfect, and I wanted a pet project.
I tested it out. The FPS is terrible. I check for the velocity screw, none to be found.

After a google search, I found out the marker name is TARGA. And is Made by, Rare.

My problem is I cannot find a replacement screw.

If anyone can help or give some insight I would be appreciative! And I'll also post results of project.

Here are pictures of the marker. Along with a picture of the missing velocity screw.
http://imgur.com/a/6fpez
Shooter_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2016, 06:03 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
First, that's a nifty custom job. Nice.

Second, the Targa is actually another name for the Kingman Spyder Compact. "Rare" is not a manufacturer, it's an adjective. As in fewer guns were sold with the Targa name compared to the Spyder name.

Not sure why they sold them under both names for a while, might have been a distributer things.

Anyways, you're looking for Part #29, velocity adjustment screw...
http://www.amazon.com/Kingman-Spyder.../dp/B00CZJBHC4

Bad news is that it's long out of production, and was a very commonly lost part, so it may be hard to find an exact match. Good news is that it's basically a metric allen head cap screw with an o-ring groove on it. The o-ring is just to keep it from vibrating loose, there are other ways to do that.

I think it's a M5 size screw, 16mm long (gun was made in Taiwan, so metric threads all around). Take that bottom plug with you to the hardware store and see what size screws fit.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:39 AM #3
Shooter_J

Ah! That explains why it was so hard to find. Thanks a lot for the info! I'll give it a test and see what I can come do
Shooter_J is offline   Reply With Quote