Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 AM #1
alecwilcox

Vapor 2014 Eye trouble

Having a problem with my vapor where the gun cycles a couple times 20 bullets and then shows that there is no paint in the breach. However I know there is, I have tried to clean the eye covers and that has not worked.

Anyone have any help?
alecwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2015, 01:38 PM #2
hddndrgn35

I dont think the 2014 vapors have eye covers. If referring to pre 2014 vapors, clean the eyes and install new battery (duracell or energizer recommended). Also check that you did not accidentally press the eyes off button (yellow button on back of grip frame) during play.
hddndrgn35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:15 PM #3
alecwilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddndrgn35 View Post
I dont think the 2014 vapors have eye covers. If referring to pre 2014 vapors, clean the eyes and install new battery (duracell or energizer recommended). Also check that you did not accidentally press the eyes off button (yellow button on back of grip frame) during play.
Ok it get weird now. So I did some testing, what i found out is that if i load the balls manually through the feedneck it works and eyes read it. Then if i run the balls through my hopper it will beep and say no balls. Then if i turn the eyes off sometimes it wont shoot(balls dont leave chamber) then others it will keep shooting perfect (leave chamber). So i dont know if it my hopper or the eyes. By eye covers i ment breach cover looks like the ones that come with dms.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:47 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
It sounds to me like your hopper needs new batteries, or it's not working properly(settings not proper for this gun) or that the flow of paintballs is hanging up on something preventing them from dropping into the chamber consistently.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:35 PM #5
hddndrgn35

Try the eye sensitivity settings on the vapor and check your hopper too.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:53 PM #6
alecwilcox

Tried with different rotor so it's not hopper. Tried different paint. Also sometimes if I place my hand over the feedneck it will read it as if there is a ball in the chamber and fire with eyes on.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:17 PM #7
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Ah yes......the woes of reflective eyes combined with an eye pipe. Huge design flaw. I have no clue whey they went with those on the 2014 version. I think hddndrgn may be right. You might have to play with the eye sensitivity setting. It sounds to me like it's not reading properly.

You'll have to change the sensitivity then drop a ball in over and over until you can get it to see every ball. Make sure you don't have any grease or film on the eye pipe. Clean it with alcohol. Remember not to do this in sunlight or the eyes may be confused by the sunlight. I'm not sure if more or less light sets the eyes off but it sounds like less light so you may have to start by dropping sensitivity. I could be wrong though.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:58 PM #8
hddndrgn35

^^ i agree. If the eyes are set too sensitive, the board may register the bolt as a ball in the breach during the bolt cycle and think the bolt did not fire which results in the board registering an eye malfunction. other than that i would recommend buying new eyes and see if that fixes the problem.