Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 PM #1
kingjas09
SSsssnaaakkkee PLAYER!!!
 
kingjas09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampton Virginia
kingjas09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingjas09 supports Team VICIOUS
kingjas09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kingjas09 supports DLX Technology
ZODIAC PAINTBALL GUN RENGADE ZR1 (now w/ ups) OT STARTED!!! DISCUSS!!!!

Ok guys i havent seen an OT thread for the compay or the gun so i figured i would start one correct me if i am wrong.

Ok guys today we have the Zodiac Renegade ZR1 which is a fairly new marker introduced at the psp world cup 2012. Now it has some internal upgrades like the bolt for example. The feedneck can hold any hopper it is by far the most air efficient spool valve. 9 pods and 1 hopper off a 4500 fill and with the upgraded bolt even more. Has next to no kick. One of the cool things about the gun is you can change the asa and regulator to any you want and even make it a macro line. The for grip is made of rubber and feels great similar to luxe and in length as well. It is pricey up there with the luxe ego and dms (newer models). The question is because they are a new company will these markers sell? Are they worth the money? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???


POST UP PICS VIDS AND OPINIONS LETS MAKE THIS MARKER KNOWN!!








__________________
HAMPTON HAVOC #09

LUXE 1.0 + HUGE PARTS KIT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... s+purple+luxe
kingjas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 PM #2
godraep
FapAttackV.1
 
godraep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Might shoot well, but no one is buying them, I might eat my words later but I see this as another Infinity Legend.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 PM #3
kingjas09
SSsssnaaakkkee PLAYER!!!
 
kingjas09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampton Virginia
kingjas09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingjas09 supports Team VICIOUS
kingjas09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kingjas09 supports DLX Technology
true i think its just to sketchy that the company makes it so exspensive and they have no other marker or equipment to prove that they make good gear it does spike my curiosity tho
__________________
HAMPTON HAVOC #09

LUXE 1.0 + HUGE PARTS KIT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... s+purple+luxe
kingjas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:08 PM #4
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjas09 View Post
true i think its just to sketchy that the company makes it so exspensive and they have no other marker or equipment to prove that they make good gear it does spike my curiosity tho
Sketchy?? Go look at the Vapor!!
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:12 PM #5
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
Might shoot well, but no one is buying them, I might eat my words later but I see this as another Infinity Legend.
The Legend was a great shooter and if it had another name on it such as Dye then it would have been 100x more popular. Chris Cole is not new to marker design. He was one of the ones behind the Quest which was and still is one of the best shooting spools ever made.
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:04 PM #6
kingjas09
SSsssnaaakkkee PLAYER!!!
 
kingjas09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampton Virginia
kingjas09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingjas09 supports Team VICIOUS
kingjas09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kingjas09 supports DLX Technology
its just gonna be hard for them to get started and hopefully this nxt weekend they will sway my opinion when i get the chance to shoot one
__________________
HAMPTON HAVOC #09

LUXE 1.0 + HUGE PARTS KIT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... s+purple+luxe
kingjas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:04 AM #7
godraep
FapAttackV.1
 
godraep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill View Post
The Legend was a great shooter and if it had another name on it such as Dye then it would have been 100x more popular. Chris Cole is not new to marker design. He was one of the ones behind the Quest which was and still is one of the best shooting spools ever made.
I disagree, the legend was unattractive and a FASOR, and despite how well they perform FASORS have always been less popular. The zr1 suffers from the same thing, bad aesthetics in a sport where looks are everything. Im sure it performs great, I just dont see it going anywhere. Though Im rooting for any company that brings something to the table, just giving my honest opinion on what may end up happening.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:06 AM #8
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED
 
BELOWZERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: *317*
Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
I disagree, the legend was unattractive and a FASOR, and despite how well they perform FASORS have always been less popular. The zr1 suffers from the same thing, bad aesthetics in a sport where looks are everything. Im sure it performs great, I just dont see it going anywhere. Though Im rooting for any company that brings something to the table, just giving my honest opinion on what may end up happening.
yes and no, to some the look was too blocky but in all honesty it was simpler then an ego, and it shot sooooo smooth, and yes this is coming from a luxe/clone owner for a poppet valve the legend was by far one of the smoothest guns i have shot EVER cant wait till they release another one i will for sure buy it
__________________
MIDWEST Royalty Sponsored by Cliff Edge Paintball

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM #9
Sleven
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York
Annual Supporting Member
Sleven has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well I have looked into this marker a little. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet but will do soon. As for zodiac as a company a few teams like knight stalkers and master blaster are shooting them and I have heard good things from them. Also if your near oxcc paintball in Chesapeake city they have a booth there so you can learn more about them
Sleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:24 AM #10
kingjas09
SSsssnaaakkkee PLAYER!!!
 
kingjas09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampton Virginia
kingjas09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingjas09 supports Team VICIOUS
kingjas09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kingjas09 supports DLX Technology
There just not popular yet and I don't know many people who wud buy this marker without shooting it first I thinks its gonna be like sink or swim for this gun untill it becomes popular or some pro like j rab or Greenspan endorses it then its gonna be an upward battle I think they need dif milling on the gun but I hear so many dif things like some miss saying they git 15 pods off one fill and nothing at all wrong with the gun O.o
__________________
HAMPTON HAVOC #09

LUXE 1.0 + HUGE PARTS KIT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... s+purple+luxe
kingjas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 PM #11
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjas09 View Post
There just not popular yet and I don't know many people who wud buy this marker without shooting it first I thinks its gonna be like sink or swim for this gun untill it becomes popular or some pro like j rab or Greenspan endorses it then its gonna be an upward battle I think they need dif milling on the gun but I hear so many dif things like some miss saying they git 15 pods off one fill and nothing at all wrong with the gun O.o
Seeing that your a new member on here I don't know if your new to paintball, but I must tell you that the pros you mention are paid to shoot the guns they shoot. A new markers performance should speak for itself and not have to have a pro shoot it just to make sales. You and others need to realize that just because it doesn't have a big company name on it doesn't mean it can't hang with or even blow away the competition.
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM #12
kingjas09
SSsssnaaakkkee PLAYER!!!
 
kingjas09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampton Virginia
kingjas09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingjas09 supports Team VICIOUS
kingjas09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kingjas09 supports DLX Technology
I never said that it cudnt hang I just said why it isnt big I know pro players I'm not new here I know j rab and have played with him before I was just using them as examples so think before u say anything especially when I never mentioned it being a bad,marker I just said its nit popular yet and stated my opinion the milling isn't good
__________________
HAMPTON HAVOC #09

LUXE 1.0 + HUGE PARTS KIT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... s+purple+luxe
kingjas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:03 PM #13
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjas09 View Post
I never said that it cudnt hang I just said why it isnt big I know pro players I'm not new here I know j rab and have played with him before I was just using them as examples so think before u say anything especially when I never mentioned it being a bad,marker I just said its nit popular yet and stated my opinion the milling isn't good
Calm down. If you read my post again I never said anything about you calling it a bad marker so I did think before I posted. Yes you used pros for examples and so did I. It's extremely hard for a new marker to become the next BIG thing unless it's got a big name on it or a big name pro team using it. The ZR1 is the best gun I have owned and I have owned them all. Just my opinion!!
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:17 PM #14
Calais
 
 
Calais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Calais owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Calais is for the Gunfight
Calais has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I met the owner of the company at Meadowlands in New Jersey while playing some x-ball with Brooklyn K-OS and Willie from t echpb. The guy assumed I was on the team (which I'm not) and started pitching the marker to me. It seemed to look pretty nice, but I must admit he seemed to be hyping it up a bit much. His claims seemed a bit hard to swallow about its smoothness and efficiency. He even went so far as to say that it was more efficient than I am shooting, I told him I shoot a Vice and chuckled, he still claimed it was more efficient which I find pretty much impossible to believe. He offered to let me play a few points with it but I never ended up doing so. He even began telling me about what kind of pricing he does for teams (because he thought I was part of the team), they are sponsored by Bob Long so I don't see that happening. I wish I would have taken the time to check it out but honestly I don't see myself buying one, especially because I love my Vice and the fact that it costs more than twice as much as I paid for my Vice. Plus Bob Long is great company to deal with.

Although the guy seemed like a slick talking businessman, I think the marker looks pretty good, but the price is very unreasonably both for what it is and for a new company that does not have a reputation yet. People buy Dye, Bob Long and Planet Eclipse marker because they have great quality control and incredible tech service, that is the hallmark of a solid paintball company, be it markers or boards like Tadao.

The really fishy part is the fact there are "counterfeit" ZR1's floating around from left over parts that the company deemed unsatisfactory thus ruining their relationship with the manufacturing company that was making them. As a result they declined to pay and to recoup their $30,000 they began assembling markers and selling them. Zodiac refuses to service these markers and if you accidentally send one in for service they will take it from you as "stolen property". That whole situation seems super shady on both sides. That would make me pretty apprehensive, especially buying used.

Does anyone know who makes the boards for them and if they use standard o-rings or metric?
__________________
[b] WTB: Cheap Chronograph + Vice Critical Trigger.
Bob Long Vice (Tadao OLED, LP Poppet + 4C eyes) + Pinokio + DXS 68/45

Last edited by Calais : 04-22-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Calais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 PM #15
godraep
FapAttackV.1
 
godraep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Threads been up for 3 days with 12 posts, does that tell you something?
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:48 PM #16
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
Threads been up for 3 days with 12 posts, does that tell you something?
Maybe that's because people don't know this thread exists! The oh other real ZR1 thread was in the news section.
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:08 PM #17
kingjas09
SSsssnaaakkkee PLAYER!!!
 
kingjas09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampton Virginia
kingjas09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingjas09 supports Team VICIOUS
kingjas09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kingjas09 supports DLX Technology
@godraep This is just trying to get info and stuff out who cares if it starts up slow I'm learning a good bit so if u don't wanna talk get out
__________________
HAMPTON HAVOC #09

LUXE 1.0 + HUGE PARTS KIT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... s+purple+luxe
kingjas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:40 PM #18
godraep
FapAttackV.1
 
godraep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill View Post
Maybe that's because people don't know this thread exists! The oh other real ZR1 thread was in the news section.
Most marker threads dont stay ion the news section, when they becme popular they get their own thread or a section of their own. I never said it was a bad marker, I said its an unpopular marker.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM #19
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calais View Post
I met the owner of the company at Meadowlands in New Jersey while playing some x-ball with Brooklyn K-OS and Willie from t echpb. The guy assumed I was on the team (which I'm not) and started pitching the marker to me. It seemed to look pretty nice, but I must admit he seemed to be hyping it up a bit much. His claims seemed a bit hard to swallow about its smoothness and efficiency. He even went so far as to say that it was more efficient than I am shooting, I told him I shoot a Vice and chuckled, he still claimed it was more efficient which I find pretty much impossible to believe. He offered to let me play a few points with it but I never ended up doing so. He even began telling me about what kind of pricing he does for teams (because he thought I was part of the team), they are sponsored by Bob Long so I don't see that happening. I wish I would have taken the time to check it out but honestly I don't see myself buying one, especially because I love my Vice and the fact that it costs more than twice as much as I paid for my Vice. Plus Bob Long is great company to deal with.

Although the guy seemed like a slick talking businessman, I think the marker looks pretty good, but the price is very unreasonably both for what it is and for a new company that does not have a reputation yet. People buy Dye, Bob Long and Planet Eclipse marker because they have great quality control and incredible tech service, that is the hallmark of a solid paintball company, be it markers or boards like Tadao.

The really fishy part is the fact there are "counterfeit" ZR1's floating around from left over parts that the company deemed unsatisfactory thus ruining their relationship with the manufacturing company that was making them. As a result they declined to pay and to recoup their $30,000 they began assembling markers and selling them. Zodiac refuses to service these markers and if you accidentally send one in for service they will take it from you as "stolen property". That whole situation seems super shady on both sides. That would make me pretty apprehensive, especially buying used.

Does anyone know who makes the boards for them and if they use standard o-rings or metric?
The boards in the ZR1 are Hater boards and come with a lifetime warranty which no other company does. As for Tadao boards, the only one using them is BL. The orings are standard.
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:16 PM #20
kingjas09
SSsssnaaakkkee PLAYER!!!
 
kingjas09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hampton Virginia
kingjas09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingjas09 supports Team VICIOUS
kingjas09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kingjas09 supports DLX Technology
It seems like the have good service then
__________________
HAMPTON HAVOC #09

LUXE 1.0 + HUGE PARTS KIT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p... s+purple+luxe
kingjas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 PM #21
Bushwood Bill
 
 
Bushwood Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kentucky
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
Most marker threads dont stay ion the news section, when they becme popular they get their own thread or a section of their own. I never said it was a bad marker, I said its an unpopular marker.
For a company to get their own section it costs A LOT of money... Its not free! Zodiac got some bad publicity from all that went down in the news section, however it didn't change the fact that Chris made one hell of a marker and is still coming up with things to make it even better..
__________________
Bushwood Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump