PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 PM #1
hzuiel

Azodin zero recoil operating system

http://www.ansgear.com/Azodin_Zero_R...p/azodinzerosy

Has anyone install this on their blitz? It says it is compatible with the blitz. If anyone has tried it, what were the results? Begging for a review here.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM #2
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

AR15 guy is a Supporting Member
It will fit a Blitz or any other Azodin gun no problem. I have never put it on a Blitz, but I own a Zenith and a Blitz. The Zenith is essentially a Blitz with a Zero system, on/off, and different barrel. I can compare apples to apples since I also have the Zenith barrel on my Blitz.

The zero will allow you to drop you operating PSI to ~260 (from my experience) from ~400psi. The Zenith is more quiet than the Blitz by a fair margin. So you will lower your psi and noise with the zero system.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 PM #3
lexisc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15 guy View Post
It will fit a Blitz or any other Azodin gun no problem. I have never put it on a Blitz, but I own a Zenith and a Blitz. The Zenith is essentially a Blitz with a Zero system, on/off, and different barrel. I can compare apples to apples since I also have the Zenith barrel on my Blitz.

The zero will allow you to drop you operating PSI to ~260 (from my experience) from ~400psi. The Zenith is more quiet than the Blitz by a fair margin. So you will lower your psi and noise with the zero system.
had this same question. thank you
lexisc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:33 PM #4
Cayennemist

What do you think of a using a hush bolt+ZeRo.
The Hush also allows you to drop the pressure quite a bit, the two together sound perfect for for each other... (on paper)
Cayennemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:26 PM #5
B00ST3Declipse

B00ST3Declipse has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
B00ST3Declipse has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As soon as I receive my zero kit, I will update ya on that. I already have a techt bolt on my blitz. Damn does that thing eat lube.
B00ST3Declipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 PM #6
armoworrior1

armoworrior1 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
it fits but is not worth the money. it just makes the marker a little more stable but light weight bolts and regs will do the some thing
armoworrior1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 PM #7
aresfiend
20% more *****in

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoworrior1 View Post
it fits but is not worth the money. it just makes the marker a little more stable but light weight bolts and regs will do the some thing
I'm not sure if you understand how the marker works...

The ram/bolt combo as well as turning a reg down MAY help, but the problem isn't the ram and bolt when you drop the pressure as much as the valve returning enough pressure to force the ram and bolt back against the spring's pressure. Turning the pressure down directly affects the marker's ability to cycle, and with the balancing act that is a blowback you do NOT want that. With a Blitz you're balanced between a high pressure, ram momentum, and strong ram spring, turn the pressure down too much and the gun won't cycle, turn it up too high and the gun also might not cycle if the valve is held shut by the air pressure behind it and even if it does fire it'll be shooting velocities too high to play.

What the Zero system does is it reduces the pressure and increases the volume allowing the same amount of air in except at a lower pressure, so you still have enough pressure to fire the gun AND propel the ram back to catch on the sear.

TL;DR

High pressure + low volume = Happy player
Low pressure + low volume = Unhappy player
High pressure + high volume = Player not allowed to play
Low pressure + high volume = Happy player with a somewhat quieter gun
Old 03-25-2013, 07:24 AM #8
armoworrior1

its a spring at the front of the marker that reduces recoil and some operating pressure.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 AM #9
aresfiend
20% more *****in

Quote:
its a spring at the front of the marker that reduces recoil and some operating pressure.

The spring serves to hold the valve seal and pin in place and to push it towards the valve. The spring does nothing about recoil and operating pressure. The longer spring just fits inside the Zero cap (Yes, I've installed a kit or four) and the cap serves as an adjustable volumizer.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 AM #10
armoworrior1

i just see no real gains from that much money to spent.
but feel free to correct azodin on how they say it works.

http://www.azodin.com/Accessories/Zero_System.html

Zero Recoil Operating System (ZeRO) is a technological advancement that allows the
traditional Stacked Tube Blow Back (STBB) design to achieve low operating pressure
and providing an unparalleled shooting profile.

The ZeRO System combines several unique and proprietary features that allow a
STBB to operate at 250 PSI thus reducing recoil down to a level never before achieved
in a STBB design.

this is from the Azodin web site so.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM #11
aresfiend
20% more *****in

Quote:
i just see no real gains from that much money to spent.
but feel free to correct azodin on how they say it works.

http://www.azodin.com/Accessories/Zero_System.html

Zero Recoil Operating System (ZeRO) is a technological advancement that allows the
traditional Stacked Tube Blow Back (STBB) design to achieve low operating pressure
and providing an unparalleled shooting profile.

The ZeRO System combines several unique and proprietary features that allow a
STBB to operate at 250 PSI thus reducing recoil down to a level never before achieved
in a STBB design.

this is from the Azodin web site so.
Except they DON'T say how it works (since it appears that you can't read). They just say it combines features to lower your pressure. NOT what you said about the spring reducing recoil and pressure. The added volume reduces the pressure while the spring is longer to FIT in the volumizer so that it can still hold the cupseal and pin in place.

EDIT: Think of it this way. If I say "You put this car in and it makes it go better" I'm not saying what it does, just what it accomplishes, but if I say "You put this fuel in your car and it fully ignites so that you don't waste fuel and get more horsepower" then I'm saying what it accomplishes AND what it does.

Last edited by aresfiend : 03-25-2013 at 09:00 AM.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM #12
armoworrior1

you sir are the reason why people a steered away from the sport. ive been playing a long time. just give people simple quick answers dont bash on people. i said if fits and works but its not worth the money. to go for something that will help out the marker more like a reg or a light weight bolt. stop getting mad because someone see things a little different or goes off of what a company actually says about their product they say nothing about it being a volumizer. with all the mods that i have done to my blitz and even a stock blitz you do not need the Zero Recoil Operating System (ZeRO). they might help out the reg a little bit but not enough to really worry about.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 AM #13
aresfiend
20% more *****in

Quote:
you sir are the reason why people a steered away from the sport. ive been playing a long time. just give people simple quick answers dont bash on people. i said if fits and works but its not worth the money. to go for something that will help out the marker more like a reg or a light weight bolt. stop getting mad because someone see things a little different or goes off of what a company actually says about their product they say nothing about it being a volumizer. with all the mods that i have done to my blitz and even a stock blitz you do not need the Zero Recoil Operating System (ZeRO). they might help out the reg a little bit but not enough to really worry about.
I'm not the one getting mad. I'm just saying that you've proven you don't know how it works. You didn't just say it fits and works and is not worth the money, you said that you can do the same thing with regs (that it comes with) and a lighter bolt (which wouldn't matter). They also don't have to say it for that to be how it works.

And if I'm the one steering people away because they don't know how their markers work but argue about it anyway, good. They can learn or they can leave, I don't have time to fix all of their problems at the field if I'm not working and that's where they'll be turned away.

Last edited by aresfiend : 03-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 AM #14
B00ST3Declipse

B00ST3Declipse has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
B00ST3Declipse has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I come back to the biggest puddle of piss. Great... Lol.
Anyways, zero kit i got for 20$, installed. Will update on air usage when i get a chance to go play.
B00ST3Declipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:07 AM #15
smalltownkaos

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
zero system, IMO, is a waste of money.
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote