Old 04-22-2012, 08:09 PM #43
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I disagree. There's a lot more to pump than just handicapping yourself. If I wanted to do that I'd just use one of my electros with a shake-and-shoot hopper.

It's never been a question of things being "fair" it's a question of them being challenging, but not to the point when it's not fun.
When more than half of my carefully-placed snapshots to players' chests, arms, and shoulders are bouncing off, it's not fun.

The other problem with the growth of padding is that players are training each other to shoot longer and longer bursts- necessary to get a ball to actually break, but this also leads to more overshooting.

You may call my concerns b****ing, but I've been with this sport long enough to have some investment, so when I think a trend can be steered one way or the other to make things better, I will. I hope you stick with it long enough to care as much about the character of the game as others do.
Hmmmmm. You may have a point on the padding*. We did a Skins/Streetball tourney today and my evil(not the ultra) was breaking when dropped on the pavement. But shoot an opposing player off break? Every hit bounced. Crazy.

*May have been the paint but ... well... evil? I don't know. I know I'm going back to marbilizer after today's fiasco.
Advertisement