ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 PM #862
GotBoost247
North Florida

GotBoost247 is playing at Living Legends V
GotBoost247 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GotBoost247 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GotBoost247 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What John said. Bring 5 guys register/pay as a team.. Get a case of paint, all day air and entry for $50.00 sounds like a good deal to me.

★★☆ Pooty Bolt, Pooty Bolt Guide and Spring! -- F/S/T -- ☆★★

★★☆ Gearbag Sale -- Updated Weekly -- ☆★★
Dye I4's -- PE Elbow Pads -- 68/4500 Tanks -- Velocity -- Knee Pads -- PM6 Board & More
GotBoost247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM #863
deano 177
jax warriors

Annual Supporting Member
deano 177 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deano 177 posts videos on PbNation
deano 177 plays in the APPA D3 division
deano 177 is Legendary
deano 177 supports Empire
the quality of the paint just isnt there. the spectrum at cfp is so different that here.
deano 177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM #864
splatman1

thats crazey it all comes from tampa warehouse kept in a clinment controled store/room at the feild you got to be pulling my leg man i got 120 cases coming from tampa tomorrow same place they get theirs from and its better their?must be becouse you want to pay more, help yourself and i cant belive that i am so stupid to waste my time with this stuff. shows just how smart i am.
splatman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 PM #865
contractkilla117
Gator Bait

contractkilla117 is playing at Living Legends V
contractkilla117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
contractkilla117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
contractkilla117 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Damn I'm glad I'm quitting. There's more drama here than a damn cheerleading camp. The lesson here is.....drum roll... you ready for it? You can't please paintballers. They will ***** incessantly until they are paid to play. And to be honest, no one from this arwa is going in that direction any time soon. I have helped establish two fields and the thing yall don't see or seem to comprehend is the cost to run/keep a field open. Most of yall also fail to recognize that if you help a field they will help you. I can't tell you how many times John and Charlie have helped me out. But I helped out a lot. Also, there is a severe lack of unity in the Jacksonville paintball community. Most of y'all are a bunch of bullying *** pricks that do nothing but put down those that are trying to do good for the sport. I can't tell you how many times I have had people around here talk **** about me and the teams I was doing because I the to take a group of guys that no one else wanted and turn them into a team and a family. I don't let it get to me but yall need to think about how your bull **** affects other people and their future in the sport. But hey who am I and what do I know.
4th PSP CHICAGO 2013
4th PSP West Coast Open 2013
2nd CFPS 4 2013
Fierce, Jacks Raiders, Notorious, CFP Static, The Goonies.
www.empirepaintball.com
contractkilla117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 AM #866
VampireLife
◄ KONG•KER ►

VampireLife is playing at Living Legends VII
VampireLife owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
VampireLife supports Pev's Paintball
VampireLife supports Empire
Amen
VampireLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:27 PM #867
Wiley386
Member Since 2003

Wiley386 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
As John said, if you feel like paying more for the same distributors paint please help yourself.. Id rather play twice a month locally and shoot twice the paint than travel maybe once a month and pay an extra 80$ in gas.. I enjoy traveling but the fields are identical. We mirror CFPs layouts when we setup the speedball field when at all possible..

But to each his own, I think it sounds more like a bandwagon ride to CFP though... Support your local field and it will progress! And dont get me wrong CFP is great, I enjoy it everytime but as I said it breaks down to finances.

In my opinion, in order to become a team that poses any kind of a threat in PSP, or at any field, you need constant and consistent practice as a team, playing like one big family, as ContractKilla said.. Thats REAL paintball..

Traveling to play with random people just because the field has new bunkers, or the "paint is different quality" etc.. seems illogical to me..

You could buy 3 cases of spectrum just to practice with at Splatman with the SAME bunker layout as CFP, (I and others will be sure its set up to match, if thats what you want) FOR the same price as 1 case at CFP including gas...

But again im qouting Contract.. Who am I to say anything, do what you do.. just seems completly illogical to play in Tampa every time u want to play paintball.. Id prob be disgruntled to
Wiley386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:37 AM #868
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

nickgibson87 plays in the PSP
nickgibson87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nickgibson87 plays in the APPA D4 division
nickgibson87 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The self righteousness in here is at an all time high
nickgibson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 AM #869
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

nickgibson87 plays in the PSP
nickgibson87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nickgibson87 plays in the APPA D4 division
nickgibson87 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Preston you know why people give you and your team **** is because y'all refuse to do the things necessary to get better. Not because everyone you is bad which y'all are but because you all waste your money on "sponsorships" and buying new jerseys after every tournament. Spend your money playing if your shooting something from the last 5 years your good and when somebody has been shooting you all day and tries to give you some advice maybe take it to heart without getting butt hurt or **** just realize you get beat all the time because you need to work on your game not because you think a ref ****ed you over or a gun went down.

**** it's 5:40 in the morning And this probably doesn't make any sense oh well
nickgibson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:25 AM #870
johnquint33

johnquint33 supports Team VICIOUS
johnquint33 is for the Gunfight
johnquint33 plays in the APPA D5 division
johnquint33 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wow! Sounds like we all need to vent all this frustration on the field guys...should make for an awesome day of paintball...lol...lets just ball and support our local field, just my 2 cents.
johnquint33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 AM #871
deano 177
jax warriors

Annual Supporting Member
deano 177 is Legendary
obviously most of us dont have what it takes to compete on a regional level, much less a national level. this is evident by the fact that no north florida teams do well when we travel down to participate in tournaments in the cfps series. voodoo is the only ones who have done anything and they are mostly from the tampa area. a lot of us have had success in the gfoa but thats about as far as it goes. I dont know if it is the level of competition that we have locally or lack there of. its ridiculous to say that "Ive yet to see anyone "count" paint.. Sure kids arent dumping 6-7 pods a game but if you gotta do that in practice then somethings not right. It sounds like ur counting paint, if you only have a "case" to shoot for 2-3 games??" You practice like you play. If you need to shoot 5 pods a game to win then thats what you do. just because you do it doesnt mean everyone on the team does. thats why we do team paint when we play as a team.

as far as quality... one of the last times I played out there I bought the upgrade empire paint. it was worse than the spectrum. maybe I have bad luck with paint or whatever but I've been experiencing terrible paint out here. I dont know what the answer is... I dont expect paint to be free, but I would like for the paint to come out of the gun and go relatively strait. just jump to 3:26 and watch the spread....
Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 AM #872
VooDoo Head

VooDoo Head has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VooDoo Head has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
North FL seems like it is developing a group of guys here that really want to get better and be competative. That is great for the community up here. I would love to see more N. FL teams compete at higher levels out at CFP and other tournament series. Everyone has made some good points on here. In order for us to be successful, we need a local field. In order to have a local field, that field needs to make enough money to stay open. Most fields I have been a part of cannot make enough money to stay open on tournament players alone. So encourage all of your friends and other paintballers to come out an play woodsball, hyperball, etc.... Encourage birthday groups, church groups, business outings, etc... The more players a field can get out there, the more money they will be making, and at that point, prices usally get better.

For those of you who have asperations of being competative at tournaments, there is a lot of small things you can do to achieve that goal. 1st remeber that most players have the "individual skills" to succeed. The teams that win, do so because they play as a team, and work on game senario at practice. This means drills, breakout and sweetspotting practice, coaching, and being receptive to coaching. Every tie I have been to a local field up here, be it Splatman or Gorilla, I never saw anyone really run drills. It was just play one point after another. That kind of practice makes for a fun day, but does not neccesarilly improve you as a player. And for a lot of these drills to be sucessfull, you are going to need some CONSISTANT paint. Consistant does not neccisarily mean expensive. I have shot just about everything out there, and VALKEN offers a lot of reasonably priced paint that will shoot consistant as any of the best tournament paint.

Like Deno said, VooDoo does play in Tampa a lot. That is because a good bit of out team is spread out all across the state and Tampa is a central location for most of us to meet, but also it is where we can practice against other highly competative teams. Travel is something that is a bit of a neccesay evil as well. It sucks to spend gas money to play other teams in Tampa or Orlando, but if that is where the better teams are playing sometimes you have to do it. Often you can learn a lot more by being rolled up all day by a much better team then you can by playing the same group of players over and over again. VooDoo makes a practice of playing against D1 and PRO players as often as we can for this reason. A lot of getting better is taking your lumps to get there.

That said, if any of the teams out there want some help, ideas on what to work on, or whatever, hit me up. As long as it does not conflict with my practice schedule, I would love to come out on a weekend to help, give pointers, run some drills, etc....

Good luck to all our N. FL / S. GA teams this season.
VooDoo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 AM #873
walktheBoard

i miss the infidels. even if we did blow our events we were still sweet as hell and there wasnt *****ing.

wait i dont play paintball
Old 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM #874
Wiley386
Member Since 2003

Ive yet to dump 4+ pods at splatman in order to win... Just my 2 cents Deano. Our team scrims every Sunday and I dont think weve ever practiced witg more than 5 pods and weve held our own at Splatman quite well so far.. If it were a tourney ya id just blow paint.

BUT Deano you are right, if it takes 7 pods a game to win. Then you use 7 pods, I was simply stating ive yet to see anyone dump a case in 2 games as ReidyRoo stated. Or count paint, we arent poor at Splatman, I take offense to someone calling me "cheap" or tell us we count paint, WHEN I show up every sunday with 4000-6000 rounds ready to blow if I need to.

Def the exact opposite of us counting paint, We always have a 3man on Sunday ready to scrim. If ur playing kids who are counting paint rhen dont, just scrim us..?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM #875
Wiley386
Member Since 2003

There could also have been multiple reasons ur paint didnt shoot straight that day, but ur right it couldve been a bad bag.. But ive gone for 7 weekends straight now and you have been the NLY person to mention paint quality... out of 100's of kids, adults and speedball players...

If it works for 99% of everyone else then its unfair to say all splatmans paint is bad.... YOU ARE GENERALIZING.. And when others read ur rant and watch that vidro that dosent help support a field at all..
It seemed as if the other 99% of that video all ur paint shot straight.. Again if its a fluke I understand but **** happens. Check ur paint bags be4 u open then. No dimples, no oil build up, no fading, no stink AND THEN UR GOOD. If anything its ur responsibility to ensure the Paint YOU BUY is going to treat you right.. 1st rule in paintball, check the box be4 you buy!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM #876
deano 177
jax warriors

Annual Supporting Member
deano 177 is Legendary
I m not gonna debate paint with ya. I've shot lots of spectrum. I know what I've shot out there sucked.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 AM #877
Wiley386
Member Since 2003

And if ur going to say I did check the paint and it still shot like crap, then maybe its your gun? Or like I said sometimes we just forget to check the bags first, We cant always expect the field our hold our hands and go through every single case..

IM DONE NOW, until someone else generalizes complaints that I know arent true, I will defend the field when I know what your saying isnt the case for the majority of players..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:46 AM #878
Wiley386
Member Since 2003

Well sorry Deano, you just cant be pleased. Buy shop paint then and bring it out and pay the 5$... Or dont play paintball, either way Im just trying to let kids see Your problems arent happening to the majority of players...

Can you agree with that? That hundreds of kids shoot the same paint you did without one complaint .. and not just rec players, Bcuz I personally have seen it, Ive yet to see you out there ?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM #879
theshok
Buckley

Annual Supporting Member
theshok is a Supporting Member
theshok plays in the PSP
theshok donated to help Peyton Trent
theshok plays in the APPA D3 division
theshok is a top reviewer
theshok is attending Decay of Nations VII
Wiley who are you? Are you new to the Jax paintball scene?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 AM #880
Wiley386
Member Since 2003

Yes Shok, I have only been going to Splat since August/Sept.. And I know from reading/researchung that yous guys have been around since the beginning of this field, Where as i missed those first 3 months due to college. And I respect that, I do. but Ive been every Sunday since Aug , I was deathly ill and even showed up just so my team could run together. I know I come off as a dick online but ive helped a multiple saturdays *for free* and taken my personal time and gas on multiple occasions just to ensure the fields set up to PSP standards.. Although I may be new to Jacksonville I promise Ive done everything in my power to support this field and will continue doing so. And ive been in the paintball scene since early 2002 when I ran NPPL and scrimmed on occasion at the old FCP with the D1
warriors.. Dont let the Aug 2012 registration date fool you haha

GotBoost has also devoted copious amounts of personal time and gas to
helping Charlie for months now, Im attemtping to earn my respect in
Jacksonville in the paintball scene.

I just want to support this field and not drive 2-3 hrs anytime I feel like playing, thats ludacris. And so are some of the accusations against this field, ludacris.. I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO SHOW UP, It is impossible to not have fun on a paintball field..

Last edited by Wiley386 : 12-15-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 PM #881
deano 177
jax warriors

Annual Supporting Member
deano 177 is Legendary
I havent been out there since before cup. kinda my off season, wife and kid time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley386 View Post
That hundreds of kids shoot the same paint you did without one complaint .?
Sounds like business at splatman has picked up! Im really not trying to come off as a dick to you or the field and I hesitated to even bring up the paint thing because everyone gets so defensive. Ive supported the field alot as well. that buzzer out there? mine. the wand painter? mine. so just because i havent been there in a while doesnt mean that I dont support the field. I wish i could be there every sat and sunday but family comes first and as I said this is the off season.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:09 PM #882
Wiley386
Member Since 2003

Damn, that buzzer def is a great addition. I completly understand family time, I think maybe since the summer that paint has improved, perhaps the warmer weather played a role on the paintball, since it sounds like u were out a lot in summer. Lets all just end this whole convo on the note that we all want to support this field, and I hope to see all of you in January after this holiday mess blows over..

Please give the paint/ field another chance when you can, with all of our support and critiquing combined at the field, Splatman Park will continue i
proving and eventually be unstopable.

My name is Jed by the way, Ill be the one rocking the all black NXT.. If any of you should make it tmrw I hope theres no sour feelings, Im there to play
paintball and enjoy myself. And I try to ensure everyone around me does just the same
ReplyRegional Ups