Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2015, 10:54 AM #1
nerrad
Team Speed
 
nerrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: springhill,FL
 has been a member for 10 years
nerrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
best tampa field to walk on and play

I always had the luxury of playing on teams and never really had to just show up and try to just get in games post the woodsball days.

Anyways, what are the best fields to show up and get in games as a walk on playing xball? Havent played in a while and just wanna get out and grind against people agian
nerrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2015, 08:52 AM #2
CoZZy
The Original Domo Avvy!
 
CoZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Oldsmar, FL "Near Tampa"
CoZZy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
CoZZy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
CoZZy supports Ninja Paintball
I feel like I know you, not sure though. Who did you play for? I also played back in the day and am coming back now that I have actual income.

-CoZZy
__________________
+24 | -0 FeedBack
Joy Division PBN Fan Club Member #1
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
CoZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 AM #3
nerrad
Team Speed
 
nerrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: springhill,FL
 has been a member for 10 years
nerrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoZZy View Post
I feel like I know you, not sure though. Who did you play for? I also played back in the day and am coming back now that I have actual income.

-CoZZy
well, mainly I played for the Sentinels. we did alright in d3. Never won anything but we were competitive always. Darren is the name
nerrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:33 AM #4
nerrad
Team Speed
 
nerrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: springhill,FL
 has been a member for 10 years
nerrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoZZy View Post
I feel like I know you, not sure though. Who did you play for? I also played back in the day and am coming back now that I have actual income.

-CoZZy
and yeah, same here. now that im not sponging off people, and family and can actually pay for things, 8 years later haha
nerrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:11 AM #5
icydragon542
Asian invasion
 
icydragon542's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fl
Go to Orbitals paintball they have the most fields and are incredibly cheap. They're also always packed on the weekends and have games running constantly.

Also, stay away from South Tampa Paintball, they're expensive ($40) just for entry. I tried their field literally yesterday and they were dead literally only 6~8 players.
icydragon542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:28 AM #6
nerrad
Team Speed
 
nerrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: springhill,FL
 has been a member for 10 years
nerrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by icydragon542 View Post
Go to Orbitals paintball they have the most fields and are incredibly cheap. They're also always packed on the weekends and have games running constantly.

Also, stay away from South Tampa Paintball, they're expensive ($40) just for entry. I tried their field literally yesterday and they were dead literally only 6~8 players.
man STP is awful. I paid 41 dollars to get in. id rather just not play and go to Chipotle. IF you bring your own paint its like a hundred dollar fee (exaggerating for jokes) but holy crap. You can buy paint there, for like 60 bucks hahaha. Better off going to Orbital, or driving out to Gator Paintball. Actual competition, cheaper price. Ill never got to STP again.
nerrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:01 AM #7
SouthTampaPaintball
 
 
SouthTampaPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa
Hey Now! It's only $25 for entry online, $30 at the field, and we also have a $47 option for an entire month of entry. When you pay Saturday, you get free entry Sunday. BYOP is $10 and our cheapest case online starts at $39 and at the field starts at $45. If you don't believe me, check out the website southtampapaintball.com.

As far as body count on the weekend goes, it's really the nature of the beast in the summer time. Sometimes we have a lot of people and sometimes there are tumble weeds. The season picks up for us when it cools down around the end of October through the end of March. Not many people are keen on donning pb garb and running around in the heat and humidity.

But, yes: Orbital, Gator, and all the local fields are fantastic. It's truly a luxury to live in a great city with a ton of great paintball options.
__________________
Cordially,

South Tampa Paintball
http://SouthTampaPaintball.com
Info@SouthTampaPaintball.com
SouthTampaPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:20 AM #8
rhodehard
Bacon Lover
 
rhodehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
rhodehard is BST Trusted
rhodehard owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
rhodehard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rhodehard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
rhodehard has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey guys, I'm pretty new around here, but I've been playing paintball on and off for 23 years. That being said, I have a couple questions regarding S.T.P.'s statement above.
1. Why do give a discount for online purchases of field time and paint? Does it cost you more money to "ring up" the purchases on location? Because, really, that is the only difference, right? you still have to sign the players in and check hand out the paint, right?
2. Why do you charge $10 for people to bring their own paint? The other "good" fields in the area don't, and the paint is already marked up from what it can be bought for at the shops, so why?

You see, while that extra $10 may not mean too much to me, there are many that would (and will) go other places to save it.
I have had nothing but good experiences at the fields I go to (orbital and Gator) they both have good rec-ball crowds on any given weekend, so for someone like me, there has to be some added incentive to try somewhere new. This is just my .02 take it or leave it......
rhodehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 AM #9
SouthTampaPaintball
 
 
SouthTampaPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa
No worries. Thanks for the question.

Through my website, I use Stripe as my merchant provider and through the iPad the field I use mercury as my merchant provider. I am forced to use mercury because the software, SalesVu, only allows that particular merchant to service it and the software works really well for me.

Stripe gives me a lower transactional percentage rate than mercury, so I pass that on to customers through the website. And when you come to the field, I always explain that to people and many times they will order everything they want using their cell phones standing right next to me, and it's great! They save money and so do I.

I charge $10 for BYOP because there's only two ways all fields stays afloat: paint and entry sales. Sure there's some minor beverage/food and soft goods for sale, but the meat and potatoes of the business is selling paint and entry. After tons of thinking, consideration, and financial analysis, I ultimately decided to charge $10 for BYOP because of the aforementioned reason above and I believe it also makes people consider trying out the paint at the field.

Essentially, if I didn't charge BYOP, everyone would simply pay $25 online and that's it. We would probably have more players come more frequently, but there's a downside to it: increased foot traffic, less parking availability, increased damage to fields, faster depreciation of field equipment, and all of those things are very expensive.

Also higher pricing in the business world always cleans up your clientele, for example Polo or Versace versus Walmart or target. If all Versace clothing was the same price as Walmart clothing, everyone would wear Versace and Walmart would go out of business. Not saying STP is fancy schmancy, but higher pricing cleans up the clientele.

Feel free to fire more questions at me. Thanks for the input as well. I'm always down to learn from other people and fine tune things at the field to increase customers' experiences.
__________________
Cordially,

South Tampa Paintball
http://SouthTampaPaintball.com
Info@SouthTampaPaintball.com
SouthTampaPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:55 PM #10
Steven_Bro
 
 
Steven_Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
 plays in the NXL
Steven_Bro posts videos on PbNation
Steven_Bro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Steven_Bro has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTampaPaintball View Post
No worries. Thanks for the question.

Through my website, I use Stripe as my merchant provider and through the iPad the field I use mercury as my merchant provider. I am forced to use mercury because the software, SalesVu, only allows that particular merchant to service it and the software works really well for me.

Stripe gives me a lower transactional percentage rate than mercury, so I pass that on to customers through the website. And when you come to the field, I always explain that to people and many times they will order everything they want using their cell phones standing right next to me, and it's great! They save money and so do I.

I charge $10 for BYOP because there's only two ways all fields stays afloat: paint and entry sales. Sure there's some minor beverage/food and soft goods for sale, but the meat and potatoes of the business is selling paint and entry. After tons of thinking, consideration, and financial analysis, I ultimately decided to charge $10 for BYOP because of the aforementioned reason above and I believe it also makes people consider trying out the paint at the field.

Essentially, if I didn't charge BYOP, everyone would simply pay $25 online and that's it. We would probably have more players come more frequently, but there's a downside to it: increased foot traffic, less parking availability, increased damage to fields, faster depreciation of field equipment, and all of those things are very expensive.

Also higher pricing in the business world always cleans up your clientele, for example Polo or Versace versus Walmart or target. If all Versace clothing was the same price as Walmart clothing, everyone would wear Versace and Walmart would go out of business. Not saying STP is fancy schmancy, but higher pricing cleans up the clientele.

Feel free to fire more questions at me. Thanks for the input as well. I'm always down to learn from other people and fine tune things at the field to increase customers' experiences.

I like this ^. I live an hour and a half away but I will definitely be making a trip out there in the off season.

I know its only your first year but are Sundays good for speedball during November-January?
__________________
Tampa Bay Damage Crew
Steven_Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:46 PM #11
Steven_Bro
 
 
Steven_Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
 plays in the NXL
Steven_Bro posts videos on PbNation
Steven_Bro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Steven_Bro has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wait this is the same argument/rebuttal on 2 different threads. Dang it I've been conned!
__________________
Tampa Bay Damage Crew
Steven_Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:12 PM #12
SouthTampaPaintball
 
 
SouthTampaPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa
Yes, I practice a rare form of con art. It requires heavy use of command C and command V.

Teams always practice on Sundays unless they are doing a Sat and Sun practice the weekend before a major tournament. Walk on players come on Saturdays and Sundays, but a lot of them prefer to mix in during practices on Sundays.
__________________
Cordially,

South Tampa Paintball
http://SouthTampaPaintball.com
Info@SouthTampaPaintball.com
SouthTampaPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:49 AM #13
LSUGolfer
 
 
LSUGolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
LSUGolfer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTampaPaintball View Post
Yes, I practice a rare form of con art. It requires heavy use of command C and command V.

Teams always practice on Sundays unless they are doing a Sat and Sun practice the weekend before a major tournament. Walk on players come on Saturdays and Sundays, but a lot of them prefer to mix in during practices on Sundays.
STP, I was in a shop this past weekend in Tampa discussing your field. I remember reading an article in the Business section of the paper about your project. Pretty impressive. Your responses in both of the walk on threads were very professional. Look forward to coming out to your field.
__________________
2015 LIBTech Snowboard for TRADE http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post91571705
LSUGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:52 PM #14
pbdude911
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTampaPaintball View Post
No worries. Thanks for the question.

Through my website, I use Stripe as my merchant provider and through the iPad the field I use mercury as my merchant provider. I am forced to use mercury because the software, SalesVu, only allows that particular merchant to service it and the software works really well for me.

Stripe gives me a lower transactional percentage rate than mercury, so I pass that on to customers through the website. And when you come to the field, I always explain that to people and many times they will order everything they want using their cell phones standing right next to me, and it's great! They save money and so do I.

I charge $10 for BYOP because there's only two ways all fields stays afloat: paint and entry sales. Sure there's some minor beverage/food and soft goods for sale, but the meat and potatoes of the business is selling paint and entry. After tons of thinking, consideration, and financial analysis, I ultimately decided to charge $10 for BYOP because of the aforementioned reason above and I believe it also makes people consider trying out the paint at the field.

Essentially, if I didn't charge BYOP, everyone would simply pay $25 online and that's it. We would probably have more players come more frequently, but there's a downside to it: increased foot traffic, less parking availability, increased damage to fields, faster depreciation of field equipment, and all of those things are very expensive.

Also higher pricing in the business world always cleans up your clientele, for example Polo or Versace versus Walmart or target. If all Versace clothing was the same price as Walmart clothing, everyone would wear Versace and Walmart would go out of business. Not saying STP is fancy schmancy, but higher pricing cleans up the clientele.

Feel free to fire more questions at me. Thanks for the input as well. I'm always down to learn from other people and fine tune things at the field to increase customers' experiences.
Just a note, stripe charges 2.9% + 30 cents which is actually quite high these days. I highly doubt your swiped/pin debit transactions are anywhere near that high. If they are simply call mercury and tell them you are going to cancel your account unless they lower it. You should pay less than 1.5% max on a swiped transaction.
pbdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump