PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2012, 01:27 PM #1
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE

enter the realm of the Divine

these are the best views about spirituality i've got. they are practical, and i can apply it in my everyday life and see positive results. nobody knows anything, but this is what the world looks like from my perspective. i would love some serious feedback.

[its pretty raw ****]

being selfless is liberating because it is acknowledging that we are all one. a selfless act is saying you are no greater than i and i am no greater than you. the richest man in the world is no greater than the poorest, starving man. Nobody will ever know in this life exactly why we are here, but we should come together and help others, because we can learn something from everyone. we all have finite brains. what if the man starving to death could have helped the man that threw away his half eaten burger become closer to the Divine.i believe the purpose of life is not to deny self, dissociate yourself from reality, and think nothing but of what is to come in the next life...it is to connect with the Divine so that you may live this life to the fullest. and naturally, you will want to help others achieve this connection with the Divine. But you must always remember each individual is unique, and not force upon others your path to the Divine. However they may have connected is not important. You will see it in their eyes, actions, attitudes, and words. Throughout history it is clearly evident that it is extremely dangerous to think there is only one way to connect with the Divine. Massacres, atrocities, debacles, horror, and ultimately evil have resulted by this way of thinking. And let's not forget the millions of kids that stray away from the Divine because they feel it was forced upon them.

I reference the Divine as ultimate good or positive energy. I once believed that evil does not exist. I once believed that we are just animals and nothing more. But i couldn't get over the fact that suicide is rampant in our society. That I myself have had thoughts of suicide. And i must wonder...why does my brain have the capacity to think a thought that goes against all instincts of an animal. We should only be worried about survival and yet we have the capacity to kill ourselves. Our brain would not produce such thoughts on its own. Our brain works hard everyday, all day to keep us alive and functioning. Our brain only knows survival. If our brain thought the best idea was to die, it wouldn't have to let us know..it would shut down. When our brain knows the body can go no longer, death occurs. This made me believe that thoughts are not produced by our brain. They may be from another plane of existence, and they enter our minds, much like the sound of music enters through our ears. And this leads me to my point that when I am experiencing positive thoughts I am connection with the Divine(The Light), and when I am experiencing negative, self defeating thoughts I am in connection with, what i'll label, Dark Matter. And for Dark Matter to put thoughts into my head that go against my survival instinct, it is obviously trying to kill me. And for some mystical force to want me to be dead, i must be pretty damn important. This life must have meaning. The Divine knows that there is a happiness that can be achieved as a human that is unlike any other. And the Divine wants you to have it.
If you wake up and your first thought, without any conscious effort is "today is going to be a good day" you have a strong connection with the Divine. If you wake up and you think "I don't feel like facing reality" you are connected with Dark Matter...You must be aware when a thought is bringing your mood down, this is negative energy. Sometimes these thoughts will be easily identified and overcome with a positive thought. But let's not forget Dark Matter isn't always so obvious. It will use your brain's reward system against you. An example would be a recovering drug addict presented with a drug of his choice. His mind goes blank, he is unsure of what to do. Dark Matter on the other hand is well aware of all the pain he caused, all the hurt dealt out, the unbearable shame he experienced, and the time he put the shot gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. Dark Matter sends the thought "Just this one time, one last high, it will feel so ****ing good". Pause. What did you notice about this situation? His first thought came from Dark Matter. He has a weak connection with the Divine. This is where the unity of humans comes into play. In this situation he needs somebody connected with the Divine to tell him what to do. He is not in the right frequency to readily receive messages from the Divine.

I have found through my own experience that the synthetic high that opiates produce does not connect you with the Divine. While you feel great, and have positive thoughts, you become more worried about your own well-being and not others. You become focused on making yourself happy. Being connected with the Divine is being connected with others. If you are only concerned with your own well-being and not others, are you really even making yourself happy? We are all one, and to deny the fact that helping others is helping yourself, is showing you are receiving thoughts from Dark Matter. The more people you help achieve selfless happiness, the more happy you will become, because you are one. Why is that when you are around somebody positive, you naturally become more positive yourself? The truth is you are that person that is positive. To see somebody happy, and not become happy yourself is denying that fact that yall are the same in that very moment. As impossible as this may seem, you can actually always be happy because in every single moment somebody, somewhere in the world is happy. And you are that person. But if you are not connected with the Divine, you can't truly believe this, and you will let Dark Matter tell you about all your problems and why you can't be happy like them in that moment. For one person to be happy in the world is for everybody to be happy in the world. We are all one. That is not to say that we are as happy as we can be. The more positive energy that is exerted throughout the human race the brighter the world becomes. Peace can be achieved.

Another key factor in becoming connected with the Divine is having a well-nourished, healthy body. Our body and brain are the most important tools we have in this life. We were given this machine, and it is our job to keep it well kept up. I find that when I am eating healthy; have an appropriate weight for my height, i think more positive. Therefore I am becoming connected with the Divine.

Another thing is that religion, rituals, or even beliefs are not necessary to be connected with the Divine. I have observed people that are extremely successful with their own lives, living their dream, are a positive influence, are selfless, and can make the most depressing day brighter, and they don't have a "God". These people made the choice to allow positive energy, the Divine, flood their brain. You don't need to ask them what they believe because that doesn't matter. They listen to the Divine because they see how happy they are as a result of it. They allow positive thoughts to consume there mind. These are the most inspiring to me. They let the Divine guide them in the right direction with no belief. Beliefs can be a very dangerous thing, as i have stated earlier. Beliefs separate you from your fellow man. Dark Matter uses belief systems to deceive people into thinking they are different from one another. And if you think you are different from somebody else, you will..hmmm...put them into slavery, murder them, and at the very least discredit anything they say. You will make them miserable. Therefore making yourself miserable. Religions make up elaborate stories to help people understand the Divine and Dark Matter. But they ultimately just separate man.

Another thing you must realize is that we live in a reality that is ruled by Dark Matter. This is why we have the criminally insane, and child rapists, and serial killers, among many others. Unfortunately their receivers, or their brains apparently can only receive thoughts from Dark Matter. But while they need to be locked up in this life to avoid hurting others, their spirit will be set free, and given another chance elsewhere to become connected with the Divine. Although It is also possible they will always choose Dark Matter. Actually many will choose Dark Matter over and over and over again because they are convinced it is the only way; maybe they think they are not worthy of the Divine, maybe they are comforted by the lies of Dark Matter despite the miserable state they are in. But In every story since the beginning of man, good always triumphs over evil. Walk into a dark room, then turn on the light. Was it much of a battle? I think not. The light instantly took over the darkness.
Another point is that it takes time to adjust your brain to a frequency that receives the Divine frequently. Most of this reality is Dark Matter, so it isn't hard to receive those endless waves. But it takes practice and effort and determination to configure your brain to mostly receive messages from the Divine. Seek and you shall find. Seek to find the good in others and you will find the good in you. Seek to find positive vibes in others, and you will find positive vibes within your self. Seek to find the Divine in others, and you will find the Divine within yourself.

The road to the Divine is a long, possibly endless journey, but everyday you have a chance to get closer to becoming one with the Divine.

Happiness has no limit. Everything in this universe is infinite. You can become more happy each moment...forever...if you choose the narrow path.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:36 PM #2
Iamamartianchurch

You forgot something,

tl;dr: I abuse psychedelics.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:50 PM #3
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
You forgot something,

tl;dr: I abuse psychedelics.
very insightful.

will read again.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:04 PM #4
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
I applaud your effort to convey your thoughts and personal world-view, and have it all put out to the public for scrutiny, but this post was too riddled with romanticized rhetoric, biased starting premises, and reckless conclusion jumping for me to be able to begin to comment on the content constructively.

It's also very very long.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:33 PM #5
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
I applaud your effort to convey your thoughts and personal world-view, and have it all put out to the public for scrutiny, but this post was too riddled with romanticized rhetoric, biased starting premises, and reckless conclusion jumping for me to be able to begin to comment on the content constructively.

It's also very very long.
so what you're trying to say is, it's definitely going to be a best seller.

but i think you are being a bit rash to say there is nothing you could constructively comment on. that's ridiculous.

Last edited by PaperPaintball : 04-15-2012 at 03:15 PM.
PaperPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 PM #6
Carnage88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPaintball View Post
But In every story since the beginning of man, good always triumphs over evil. Walk into a dark room, then turn on the light. Was it much of a battle? I think not. The light instantly took over the darkness.
Seriously? And when the lights go out from a power outage the darkness completely takes over the light; I really hope this was just a poetic attempt to explain your overall premise.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 PM #7
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage88 View Post
Seriously? And when the lights go out from a power outage the darkness completely takes over the light; I really hope this was just a poetic attempt to explain your overall premise.
i appreciate that you took the time to read the whole post, but you looked way to far into that. it was just put there to give the reader a visual.

now that we got that out of the way, could i hear your opinion of the overall message i'm trying to convey?

Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM #8
Iamamartianchurch

Good and evil, if you choose to believe in such things, are two sides of the same coin. You cannot worship one without realizing the necessity of the other. One exists where the other is absent.

As for your light vs dark metaphor. Riddle me this. What happens to the light if you cannot reverse entropy? Does darkness ultimately prevail?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM #9
Carnage88

I keep hearing things about the divine as good and dark matter as bad and they're both pulling for you; sounds like you took the devil and god and made it your own. I see no difference between your philosophy and that of any liberal interpretation of Christianity, except the whole reincarnation bit.

"If you are only concerned with your own well-being and not others, are you really even making yourself happy? We are all one."
You keep saying we're all one but I don't find that you really prove that point besides insinuating by helping others we help ourselves. Even in those regards isn't that then selfish?
I hear the claim we are all one in a lot of newage religiosity ( I think I made up a new word) how you define we are all one is important. We aren't all one in the sense of consciousness; you don't experience my life the way I do, but we both experience our lives, perhaps in even similar ways but not identically. I think you're trying to say we impact each other greatly and we're all in this together to help each other out because we share fundamental aspects of growth and perhaps our desires are similar in life. Are we intrinsically linked to one another simply by birth and existence or is it an attribute we share together?

Last edited by Carnage88 : 04-16-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Carnage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM #10
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE

Quote:
Good and evil, if you choose to believe in such things, are two sides of the same coin. You cannot worship one without realizing the necessity of the other. One exists where the other is absent.

As for your light vs dark metaphor. Riddle me this. What happens to the light if you cannot reverse entropy? Does darkness ultimately prevail?
an interesting thought i had is that love, the purest form of positive energy, actually does reverse entropy.

and Carnage let me explain to you why we are in fact all one.

There is no empty space between me and you. Imagine the universe as an intricate fabric that is sown together. You are looking at a computer screen right now. Try and realize that there is no empty space between you and the screen. You are connected with it. Everything in existence is interwoven together. This means that even our consciousness is one consciousness. While we all have subjective experiences, it makes no difference. Each and every brain is going to perceive the world differently.

Last edited by PaperPaintball : 04-16-2012 at 09:36 PM.
PaperPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM #11
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
an interesting thought i had is that love, the purest form of positive energy, actually does reverse entropy.
How does love reverse the possible heat death of the universe?

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 PM #12
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:

There is no empty space between me and you. Imagine the universe as an intricate fabric that is sown together. You are looking at a computer screen right now. Try and realize that there is no empty space between you and the screen. You are connected with it. Everything in existence is interwoven together. This means that even our consciousness is one consciousness. While we all have subjective experiences, it makes no difference. Each and every brain is going to perceive the world differently.
There is no evidence to support that the universe boils down to one single thing, spread all throughout it with no interruption. No matter how far out (space) we look or even how far in (quantum physics) we look, we are still just discovering more things. Our current understanding of M-Theory has stood up the best for understanding the foundation of this universe and even has led to many philosophical breakthroughs with ideas emanating from discoveries made from the research put in to it. Even it - one of the most scrutinized beliefs that has stood up to more tests than any other theory has ever - is simply an idea of separate theories that overlap each other, but don't always work with each other (what happens in the quantum world is often very different from what happens in the macro world).

You're also making a grave mistake by assuming all brains are created equal. It is completely obvious that is not the case (down's syndrome, anyone?). Just because we place labels or words to describe extremes of individuals doesn't mean that the entire spectrum is black and white. The entire area is a soft gradient of gradual change from Newton-like genius to completely incapacitated from birth. The brain is extremely complex. We are only just now starting to make some strides in understanding the very basics of its processes. We can and have studied the physiological makeup of the brain and its chemical and electrical interactions within groups of psychopaths and groups of well-mannered citizens. Their brains work differently. Same goes for those of manic depression. Their brains are simply wired differently during their development.

It would do you well to study some embryology and learn just how fascinating it is to watch one cell (two with the first reaction) turn into trillions, all while understanding the process of how a body is folded and prepared for being a functional being. It's extremely chaotic, but wonderful at the same time.

I would also look in to some simple neurology studies to try and understand how the brain functions and just how different we are from one another and from other species. I think they just recently developed the first lie detector that reads electric signals in your brain for lying which has proven to be far more accurate than a polygraph. Fascinating stuff.

That and a combination of some quantum mechanics will really change your perspective of this universe and everything in it.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien

Last edited by Treghc : 04-16-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 PM #13
Carnage88

Quote:

More semantic definitions. I could not disagree more in the bolded text there's nothing but subjective experiences and they are tremendously important.

Last edited by Carnage88 : 04-16-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Carnage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM #14
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
OK, prove it.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 AM #15
Iamamartianchurch

People like this guy always amuse me. Almost all vocal users of psychedelics will espouse long winded philosophies identical this guy's. The funny thing is that they cannot escape the good and evil dichotomy of Christianity. Their philosophy is a confused mess. It says we are all one, yet if that were true, there is no distinction between good and evil.

Here's a tip: Shut up. Go read the vedic texts. It's close to what you are talking about, yet is coherent.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM #16
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
People like this guy always amuse me. Almost all vocal users of psychedelics will espouse long winded philosophies identical this guy's. The funny thing is that they cannot escape the good and evil dichotomy of Christianity. Their philosophy is a confused mess. It says we are all one, yet if that were true, there is no distinction between good and evil.

Here's a tip: Shut up. Go read the vedic texts. It's close to what you are talking about, yet is coherent.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:11 PM #17
Iamamartianchurch

I know I'm being harsh on the guy, but I've heard this **** all too often. The worst part is, it ain't even on the internet most of the time. I hear this **** coming from drunk idiots at bars, people I used to call friends, friends of friends. On and on.

Then they'll tell you that what they experience is valid because you can achieve the same states through meditation. Whatever, that's where I come in with, "Ok you undisciplined mother ****er, put down the drugs and meditate then."

I know they won't. They'd rather get torched on this stuff with little to no effort, start a blog, and rant to anyone they can find on a smoking patio of any bar.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 PM #18
Iamamartianchurch

Oh and when they've completed their manifesto's (Which are all carbon copies of each other) they become artists. Like we need anymore ****ing Alex Gray paintings in the world. Unless you came down from LSD and drew up plans for another sistine chapel, don't bother.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:00 PM #19
PaperPaintball
LIVE FREE

Quote:
Oh and when they've completed their manifesto's (Which are all carbon copies of each other) they become artists. Like we need anymore ****ing Alex Gray paintings in the world. Unless you came down from LSD and drew up plans for another sistine chapel, don't bother.
"you will never be as great Michelangelo! your expressions through art are meaningless! you will never write anything as influential as Mark Twain! Throw away your pen and paper!"

Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 AM #20
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
"you will never be as great Michelangelo! your expressions through art are meaningless! you will never write anything as influential as Mark Twain! Throw away your pen and paper!"
It's sound advice. Take one from Holst:

"art is not for all but only for the chosen few - but the only way to find those few is to bring art to everyone"