Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM #1
UnbrakableX
xxx

UnbrakableX is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Question on automags and psp rules.

PSP rules state that:

A marker with no electronic components
8.3.7.1. May not fire more than one shot per press and release of the trigger,62 and
8.3.7.2. May only fire a shot when the trigger is pressed, and
8.3.7.3. May not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at
any position without the use of tools.63
8.3.8. A marker with settings, whether mechanical, pneumatic, or electronic, that may be
adjusted without the use of tools to allow the marker to operate in an illegal manner is
illegal.64 A player who operates buttons, switches, valves or other adjustable device on a
marker on the field of play without the permission of a judge will be assessed a minor penalty.
A player who operates buttons, switches, valves or other adjustable device on a marker on
the field of play after being instructed to provide the marker to an official, or prior to being
instructed to do so, will receive a gross penalty and that player will receive a minor
suspension.
8.3.9. Marker barrels may be equipped with porting, but may not have a sound suppressor
attached or integral to the construction of the barrel.
8.3.10. A marker with any valve, expansion chamber, or other item or device except a barrel or
screw-in air source65 that may be adjusted on the field of play to increase or decrease velocity
without the use of tools is illegal.
8.3.11. Any person possessing a marker that is attached to an air source, does not have a barrel
sock properly installed over the end of the barrel, is not at a designated chronograph station
being chronographed and is not on the field of play during, in the 10 seconds prior to, or the
10 seconds immediately after a point,66 will be assessed a minor penalty.

I am thinking about ordering a new mag that I would be competing with:

ULE body
X-valve
Die cast old school grip frame
ULT Kit

I don't know all that much about mags. First, how many shots would I get off of a 68/45?
Second, would this be a PSP legal gun?

Thank you for your information!

-Ux
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 PM #2
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
chatua plays in the APPA D5 division
dont...

if youre gonna play psp with a mag, at least get an emag
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 PM #3
UnbrakableX
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatua View Post
dont...

if youre gonna play psp with a mag, at least get an emag
I would not be actually playing PSP events, just local tournaments with modified PSP rules.

Really want a mag, but maybe it isn't the best idea. I have a lot of guns in the past, and want to make this my final =/
Old 02-24-2010, 10:26 AM #4
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Still, with a mech mag even with ULT, you'll be seriously underpowered. You won't be able to hold lanes, and every time you gun battle ppl, for every 1 shot you throw at them, they're lobbin at least 3 back at you. Unless you really really think you're a league above everyone else, then I would advise against it.
Mags are fun guns and great for rec and woodsball but definitely aren't competitive enough for psp tournaments.

If you must have a mag, then I would consider an emag. Those are tits.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:40 PM #5
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

first, get to know any gun before competing with it.

with the ult you should be able to make it not bounce. keep in mind that when the manufacture advertises the rof of the marker, theyre assuming in the case of the xmag that your having some form of mechanical bounce to get those fire rates. a pneumag frame would be a good route,

dont be discouraged from competing with a mag. if you put time into learning your gun, and invest properly, then your gun wont be the thing holding you back from scoring points
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0
www.operationpaintball.com

Emag lowers f/s/t
italianstallion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM #6
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
^^^no offense but thats just bs. i cant believe ur encouraging him to use a mech mag to compete in xball

get an emag
Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 PM #7
UnbrakableX
xxx

Quote:
^^^no offense but thats just bs. i cant believe ur encouraging him to use a mech mag to compete in xball

get an emag
Then why don't you explain why? Do you have any credentials to provide? Have you played PSP? Not being able to hold down lanes is not that valid of a reason IMO.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:48 PM #8
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:

get an emag
Any high end mech gun is worthy of competing in Xball/any speedball format - especially now that the rof is limited to 10-12bps.

I can pull a pretty consistant 10bps on my mech cocker, which is probably compairable to a mech mag with ULT. I have had no trouble kicking all forms of *** with that gun, regardless of who I'm playing or what speed they are shooting.

And the speed is beside the point. If the gun performs well, it performs well. It's more about knowing your gun, as ItalianStallion said, and being a good player.

Plus, a pneumag will easily outshoot a ramping electro capped at 10-12bps.

Every time I see or hear comments like yours I like to pull out my pump guns or mech Cockers and prove you wrong...

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg

Last edited by loneassassin : 02-25-2010 at 03:01 AM.
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 PM #9
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbrakableX View Post
Then why don't you explain why? Do you have any credentials to provide? Have you played PSP? Not being able to hold down lanes is not that valid of a reason IMO.
Why am I the one getting the impression you've never even played speedball. You do realize that a huge chunk of the eliminations any team gets is by laneing right? Not only off the break but by locking down keys parts of the field later in the game.

It's all about moving up the field and locking down the field so you keep other players from getting to where they want to go and so your team can move up and get kills.
Also, a good breakout pretty much sets a team up for the rest of the game so laneing off the break is crucial. You're not gonna lane anyone out by one-balling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
Any high end mech gun is worthy of competing in Xball/any speedball format - especially now that the rof is limited to 10-12bps.

I can pull a pretty consistant 10bps on my mech cocker, which is probably compairable to a mech mag with ULT. I have had no trouble kicking all forms of *** with that gun, regardless of who I'm playing or what speed they are shooting.

And the speed is beside the point. If the gun performs well, it performs well. It's more about knowing your gun, as ItalianStallion said, and being a good player.

Plus, a pneumag will easily outshoot a ramping electro capped at 10-12bps.

Every time I see or here comments like yours I like to pull out my pump guns or mech Cockers and prove you wrong...
Try and shoot a consistent 12.5bps while reloading. Nope didn't think so.
And like I said before, winning gun battles by shooting 1 ball for every 3 your opponent shoots will be that much harder.

And wtf are you talking about when a gun performs well it performs well? It's like comparing a rally built lancer with as stock car. Well tuned mags are great shooters but theyre a whole different league from speedball guns.

And thanks for the last line, it made me lol. I'd love to see you and youre pump gun in an xball game. I'd walk you up and down the field all day.

Btw, I play NCPA Class A, and if you look at my sig, you'll see that I have 3 mech mags a pump mag, and a few cockers too, so I likely have the most experience in this matter.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:44 PM #10
UnbrakableX
xxx

Quote:
Why am I the one getting the impression you've never even played speedball. You do realize that a huge chunk of the eliminations any team gets is by laneing right? Not only off the break but by locking down keys parts of the field later in the game.

It's all about moving up the field and locking down the field so you keep other players from getting to where they want to go and so your team can move up and get kills.
Also, a good breakout pretty much sets a team up for the rest of the game so laneing off the break is crucial. You're not gonna lane anyone out by one-balling.

And like I said before, winning gun battles by shooting 1 ball for every 3 your opponent shoots will be that much harder.

And wtf are you talking about when a gun performs well it performs well? It's like comparing a rally built lancer with as stock car. Well tuned mags are great shooters but theyre a whole different league from speedball guns.

And thanks for the last line, it made me lol. I'd love to see you and youre pump gun in an xball game. I'd walk you up and down the field all day.

Btw, I play NCPA Class A, and if you look at my sig, you'll see that I have 3 mech mags a pump mag, and a few cockers too, so I likely have the most experience in this matter.
I was simply asking a question, there is no need to be condescending. I have owned all kinds of guns, ranging from the highest end to the lowest. I have played quite a few local tournaments, and am the president of the only OSU paintball club. I wanted a mag because I love mags. I KNOW it is a wild idea to try to compete with one. When I said laning did not seem to be an issue with a mech gun, I meant locking down one bunker. I realize that breakouts and gunfights with multiple people are pretty much impossible with anything but an electro. However, I also believe that skill is skill. I generally play front and rely on teammates to lock down those areas so that I can move up and make a few crucial shots.

I don't appreciate you coming in here and attacking us.

Last edited by UnbrakableX : 02-24-2010 at 08:47 PM.
UnbrakableX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM #11
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbrakableX View Post
I was simply asking a question, there is no need to be condescending. I have owned all kinds of guns, ranging from the highest end to the lowest. I have played quite a few local tournaments, and am the president of the only OSU paintball club. I wanted a mag because I love mags. I KNOW it is a wild idea to try to compete with one. When I said laning did not seem to be an issue with a mech gun, I meant locking down one bunker. I realize that breakouts and gunfights with multiple people are pretty much impossible with anything but an electro. However, I also believe that skill is skill. I generally play front and rely on teammates to lock down those areas so that I can move up and make a few crucial shots.

I don't appreciate you coming in here and attacking us.
Sorry, I didnt realize I was replying to the OP. Just thought it was someone else trying to instigate something cuz you were asking for my credentials or w/e. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just condescending when other people are, like lone assassin.

Edit: O wait are you head of the OSU bobcats or is that just ohio university?

Last edited by chatua : 02-24-2010 at 08:55 PM.
chatua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:55 PM #12
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

Quote:

get an emag
I have played two seasons of cts and competed twice at chicago with a mag, granted it had a hyperframe with a minimorlock and eyes.

i doubt hes playing x ball, and a mech mag can def compete in 5 man

i hate how people believe that a mag is soley for recball.
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0

Emag lowers f/s/t
Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 AM #13
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
[quote=italianstallion7;65086564]I have played two seasons of cts and competed twice at chicago with a mag, granted it had a hyperframe with a minimorlock and eyes.

QUOTE]

Thanks for proving yourself wrong, that's not a mech mag....

I'm not gonna argue, I'm not here to change anyone's minds, only wanted to give advice. If everyones such a mag fanboy to see otherwise, then I'm wasting my time.

Last edited by chatua : 02-25-2010 at 02:00 AM.
chatua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:26 AM #14
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
You're not gonna lane anyone out by one-balling.

I'd like to start this out by noting that you were the one that came in here with an attitude, not me. I don't start fights - I finish them.

Ever hear of "walking the trigger?" That's what we did before ramping boards came out. I can walk a consistant 14bps while reloading, thankyouverymuch. Not out of the question with a properly tuned Pneumag. They walk just the same as an electro.

Why do you equate shooting a mech gun with "one-balling?" Who said you have to "one-ball" if you have a mech gun? I can easily put out quick bursts even with my slow-*** mech cocker. Again, I ask you - why can't I lane with a mechanical gun?

"I'd walk you up and down the field all day." "I most likely have the most experience in this matter." I got a real laugh out of that!!!

You don't know me, or anything about me. By the way you've handled yourself in this thread, I'd say you're about half my age. I've been playing paintball religously since 1993. Your rank means nothing to me. I've beaten some pretty good players in gun battles using a pump, mech, and electro when they were ramping 15bps back at me - the gun doesn't matter. I would wholeheartedly welcome an opportunity to play any pro player 1 on 1 - and I'd bet on myself. Doesn't mean I'd win, but that's how confident I am in my playing ability and knowledge of the game.

You know what? This reminds me of what some guy told me before a tournament back in 1997, when my team stepped onto the field with VM-68's and pump guns. "You guys don't really have a chance without Automags or Autocockers."

We proceeded to rape every team at that tournament.

But I digress...Laning is not the only skill in Xball, nor any paintball game for that matter. It's a very easy skill, as a matter of fact. Do you mean to tell me that EVERY player on the field is laning at all times? L.O.L. I'm a front center and snake player, by the way. Anyway...your insistance that a player must have a current electro to succeed is only proof of your lack of experience in the game...and with that I say goodnight.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg

Last edited by loneassassin : 02-25-2010 at 09:27 AM.
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 AM #15
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post

I would wholeheartedly welcome an opportunity to play any pro player 1 on 1 - and I'd bet on myself. Doesn't mean I'd win, but that's how confident I am in my playing ability and knowledge of the game.
Ok I don't have time to argue with old men here, but out of the many things I found wrong with your post, I'll point out this one. Are you ****tin me? That's one of the most stuck up things I've ever heard. Ok now I'm done. Proceed with wasting ur time.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 AM #16
UnbrakableX
xxx

Quote:
Ok I don't have time to argue with old men here, but out of the many things I found wrong with your post, I'll point out this one. Are you ****tin me? That's one of the most stuck up things I've ever heard. Ok now I'm done. Proceed with wasting ur time.
You are so completely disrespectful. Please just leave. I hope you get an infraction for being such a dick to everyone. From the very beginning you did nothing but adamantly impose your opinion on everyone. Having an opinion is fine, but telling everyone else they are wrong and then trying to start fights with everyone is different. Grow up dude.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 AM #17
WillIbe

you be gettin trolled man, dudes just lookin to start a fight at this point.

I lane with an RT all day, reload, snap shoot, its ignorant to say you cant. if you wanna play tournies with a mag, that's sweet. Do it. Hide behind a bunker, not your gun.
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 PM #18
om3n07

I'm not here to argue, but as a mag owner just let me tell you that mags are the best- after using DM's, different SP guns, an angel, I will never use anything other than my mags any more. My e-mag is capable of insane rates of fire, I don't have to mess with eyes, it's simple, reliable, and it's built like a tank. I get so many respect points when I walk onto the field with that gun- the older players are like "hey is that an e-mag??" and the newer players are like "whoa what kind of mini is that??" lol It's just so sick... my e-mag is perfect for both speedball and woodsball.

In the woods I can on-the-fly switch between mech and electronic, and I an easily choose modes and rate of fire in game, and with my tac body on it I can put whatever sights etc. I want on it- not to mention, just in case my batteries die, I can switch over to mech-mode by flicking a switch, and then RT at around 13 to 15 BPS without electronics.

On the speedball field it ROCKS as a semi-gun because it's heavier and quite stable, the trigger feels so much better than most triggers (it's got a hall effect sensor, no springs or micro-switches) and it's accurate, reliable, and won't chop paint with the lvl X bolt.

I could talk all day about what a sick gun it is, but to sum it up- Tom Kaye only makes quality products. If you were you pick up a new gun, I would STRONGLY recommend finding an e-mag and then buying some mech lowers for it if you ever want to use it as a purely mech gun.
om3n07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:11 PM #19
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

[quote=chatua;65088228]
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion7 View Post
I have played two seasons of cts and competed twice at chicago with a mag, granted it had a hyperframe with a minimorlock and eyes.

QUOTE]

Thanks for proving yourself wrong, that's not a mech mag....

I'm not gonna argue, I'm not here to change anyone's minds, only wanted to give advice. If everyones such a mag fanboy to see otherwise, then I'm wasting my time.
Quote:
see, i feel as though my post actually answered his questions and provided a slight amount of credibility where as you have done nothing but porvide unwarrented oppinions. this is the automag community, he had questions on psp rules and automag legality. so if you want to continue propagating discouragement then how about you discourage yourself from logging into pbnation. simply stating that an automag cant compete is no way productive.

every time i read a thread in this forrum its half helpfull people and half *******s with inferiority complexes.

to answer the last question, believe youll get more then a bag on a 68/4500.
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0

Emag lowers f/s/t
Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 PM #20
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Ok I can't resist anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillIbe
I lane with an RT all day,
You can't use an RT in PSP rules, maybe you should read the actual posts in a thread before you make one yourself....

To om3n07: That's what I orinigally suggested, to get an emag

Quote:
Originally Posted by itallionstallion7
see, i feel as though my post actually answered his questions and provided a slight amount of credibility where as you have done nothing but porvide unwarrented oppinions. How have I provided unwarranted opinions? I gave my points just as you have. The fact that you think my opinions are unwarranted and that ur advice is that much better shows how much of an "inferiority complex" you have. this is the automag community, he had questions on psp rules and automag legality. so if you want to continue propagating discouragement Yes I know this is the automag community. In fact, I'm here because I have many automags and I love them, but am not too tunnelvisioned to see their pros and cons. then how about you discourage yourself from logging into pbnation. simply stating that an automag cant compete is no way productive. Did you even read what I posted? I gave many reasons backing up why MECH MAGS (not emags or w/e) can't compete in PSP tourneys
Everyone's sayin how I'm being so disrespectful and all. It's only because you want to believe that I'm a troll here to start a flame war so you have all the more reason to ignore my advice.
Who here actually has actual x-ball/speedball experience? If anyone here can say that they have played at a mid-high level speedball/xball events with a MECHANICAL automag and were not blown off the field by the other teams, then I take back every word of advice I've given. Heck, I'll even bring my pneumag/ult mag to my next tournament.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM #21
Dend78

Dend78 is a Supporting Member
whats wrong with a pneumag? a finely tuned one can go faster than 12bps its a little different but if you can figure out how to walk it you can pretty well play any style of pb you want. last time i checked the 10bps rule only applied to electronic guns and since this is actuated by air it falls under the mech status of uncapped rate of fire....granted thats what it was last time i cared to look at PSP rules.

granted there is some merit to what chatua is saying an emag will serve you very well for what you are looking for but the weight might become an issue due to that battery pack and non-ule'd anything tends to get a lil bulky compared to todays ego's DM's and PM's, but still a stellar marker none the less

also rather than buy a new one go look over on automags.org, bigevilonline.com, mcarterbrown.com, pblegion.com or something like that there are plenty of really nice already broken in mags out there to be had

PBNation Feedback

PUMP GUN PIMP #78

Merovingian: You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.

Last edited by Dend78 : 02-25-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Dend78 is offline   Reply With Quote