PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-27-2003, 12:13 PM #1
mustangsrule

has been a member for 10 years
anyone using the APB Jam Bolt with there worr blade?

Just wondering if anyone is using the APB bolts, Jam bolt with there Worr blade. I just bought a worr blade and dont know whether to use the worr blade bolt or the Jam bolt that is already installed in my cocker? Let me know what you guy's think.
Thanks, Kevin

Last edited by mustangsrule : 12-30-2003 at 11:12 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2003, 10:58 PM #2
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
well i just set one up friday for the customer which already had the JAM bolt, well after setting up his gun, i gave him the choice of which to use, he asked whichever is better.

so i asked, what hopper would u use, he said at the aleast a revy.

and off i got to role playing:
situation 1:
your using a halo/ egg/revy, your eye shorts or fails on you. You start unloading and you half feed a ball. ( at this time i was demonstrating the JAm bolt. i popped the CON setting to about 56, which typically gravity will feed. doing this, feeding 1 ball at a time, the jam bolt caught about 6 out of 10 balls, dont forget, his LPR pressure was very high, 80-90 psi( this was about 4 week old field paint, that if dropped form about 2 1/2-3 feet, it would break on the floor). guess how many times the ball was chopped with the JAM bolt....

ZERO, none, nada

after seeing that himself, he decided JAM bolt for sure!

why not have the extra protection against chopping, jsut look around, the EYE on the worrblade, although awasome when it works, it can fail on you.

Where abouts are you in GA??, I work at Wildfire paintball in Snellville GA.

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
Old 12-28-2003, 08:27 PM #3
Neckbeard
build junk

I was a big fan of my jam bolt when i still had a mechanical trigger, saved my short stroking butt so often. then i tried it out on my eblade for a while and was actually pretty disappointed. the bolt seems to lag behind a bit because of the spring, so when you're shooting fast sometimes it doesn't get a chance to push the ball fully into the barrel before the gun fires, resulting in dropped shots. pretty embarassing explaning to the guy in the bunker in front of me why every 5th shot hit him in the back when i shot over his head. i'm back to my stock bolt until i get something mo betta. that said, i'd go with the worr bolt...but give the jam bolt a try if its all the same, maybe you'll have a better experience than i did.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:59 PM #4
JAM ENTERPRISES

JAM ENTERPRISES is a Supporting Member
send me your bolt back and i will check the spring for you.
your spring may have collasped, have not had it happen yet but anything is possible.
i have one that has approx 700,000 shots on it and still works the same.
i am shooting an uprising frame and shooting a steady 17 to 18 balls ( not cycles ) per second with no drop off and no problems.
ship to:
1940 snyder ave
colorado springs, co 80909
attn: richard
Old 12-28-2003, 09:38 PM #5
smasher41
I'm back!!

Neckbeard, are you SURE it was the bolt, my 1st ebladed free flow cocker with jam bolt absolutly ripped.

a common situation i come accross when setting up/ installing e blades is drop off. just how you described. it sounds more like your settings are wrong for your perticular gun.
assuming your air system is operating correctly, and doesnt drop off itself ( ACI BULLDOG 1 and 2 owners, thats you!) then it would be your guns settings
drop off can be caused cause the bolt is being retracted before the hammer has enough time to completly drop and open the valve. in low rof it seems fine, but only when the con times approach below 35-40 milliseconds does this occur.

turn your eye off, drop the CON to say, 35 and try ripping on it, you will notice the sear lug seems to slip or not even release, also you will hear it drop off, due to the hammer not opening the valve the same amount each shot.

BTW: what main spring do you have in your cocker, a spongy soft spring, or a stock like spring that snapps the hammer forward?

Member #155 on PBN

Last edited by smasher41 : 12-28-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:27 AM #6
Neckbeard
build junk

JAM- the spring in the bolt feels about like it did when i got it, if i manually depress it it still snaps back pretty well. should i send it in anyway?

Smasher- I'm not completely sure its the bolt, but putting the stock bolt back in fixed it up. here's more about my setup- I'm using an air america melee, which is supposed to have a pretty good recharge i believe. i'm using the blue/green madmann spring combo.

should i try bumping up my cdel then? i'm also wondering if maybe i was getting the occasional swollen ball into the works, its happened to me a couple times. occasionally a ball is too big to fit comfortably through the breach and the bolt wimps out every time it tries to push it in. that would've had to be the case a lot across multiple bum cases of paint, though. i'll try out the cdel thing with different paint tomorrow, appreciate the help guys
Old 12-29-2003, 02:33 AM #7
Bimmer323is

Jam Enterprises, do you make a delrin JAM bolt for the Freeflow P block bodies? I have a Rhythm. If so, how much is it and where do I get one?
Old 12-29-2003, 08:18 AM #8
JAM ENTERPRISES

i am pretty sure it is an evolution bolt.
measure the length of the bolt from the front tip to the back of the pin hole and let me know what it is so i can get you the right bolt.
thanks.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:20 AM #9
JAM ENTERPRISES

neckbeard,
sounds like the spring is fine.
try upping you front reg pressure also.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:02 AM #10
-=DFOX=-
Border Bandit

-=DFOX=- is a Supporting Member
Quote:
i'm also wondering if maybe i was getting the occasional swollen ball into the works, its happened to me a couple times. occasionally a ball is too big to fit comfortably through the breach and the bolt wimps out every time it tries to push it in.
This makes alot of sense, whenever I build a cocker from scratch, Ive had to hone out the breech, big ball seems to have a tough time getting through it. Ill bet thats what was happening. Your breech is tight, try pushing the balls through with your finger, Your stock bolt just grudged it through while the Jam was nice to it
Old 12-29-2003, 11:24 AM #11
Duhck

the jam bolt definately is significantly slower than a regular aluminum or delrin bolt when reaching 12bps or more
Old 12-29-2003, 08:20 PM #12
smasher41
I'm back!!

Duhck, PLEASE explain this, ive shot an elbade cocker equipped with this bolt and Halo b at well over 15 bps for about 3 cases of paint, with zero chops skips, misfeed, double feeds, or reduced rof ( untill the halo stopped force feeding of course) the only change in settings was the cocknig rod length form my derlin evolution bolt.

i would like to see your reason for stating the above. show some proof

Member #155 on PBN
Old 12-29-2003, 10:45 PM #13
viruspunker420

i just ordered my eblade and eclipse inturnals including dart bolt i was wonderin how much a jam bolt costs i wanna try one out ive herd good about them
Old 12-29-2003, 11:14 PM #14
smasher41
I'm back!!

hmmm, depending on where you get it, price is 42.50- 54.99 from what i have seen

i suggest you order straight from JAM, hes a great guy to talk to on the phone, and since you have an 03 cocker, your chances of getting the new style 44 gram bolt is much better

Member #155 on PBN
Old 12-30-2003, 12:17 AM #15
Bimmer323is

Quote:
Originally posted by JAM ENTERPRISES
i am pretty sure it is an evolution bolt.
measure the length of the bolt from the front tip to the back of the pin hole and let me know what it is so i can get you the right bolt.
thanks.
From front tip to the back of the pin hole is 12 cm. Is the spring tension in the bolt adjustable?

I was wondering if you had done a test where you attach something to a paintball and lower it half way into the breach as the gun is firing. How often does it chop the ball like that?

Also, have you stuck a finger in the breach as the gun is firing? Now THAT will require a lot of confidence in the Jam Bolt. LOL.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:56 AM #16
smasher41
I'm back!!

i will gladly stick my finger in the breach and unload , dont feel anything but a tickle .... j/k, no really i can half feed balls all day long, im talking 3 month old field paint, that if dropped form 2 feet will not only crack, but break open !

i just set the con time on an eblade to where the blal will half feed, not bounce out, and not fall in, but half feed, and it will pinch a ball. after about 20 times though, i did managed to crack the ball a tiny bit... keep in mind what kinda paint it was.
lpr at 85-90 psi

i think the new digi cam i got has 20 sec filming, now if i can get buddy to vid it for me, i may be able to get a video up... not sure if it has it though, heck i still have to find it( xmas cleaning from hell!)

Member #155 on PBN
Old 12-30-2003, 12:58 AM #17
smasher41
I'm back!!

bimmer, dont rythm bodies use vertical pull pins? if so i dunno if JAm makes one with vertical pin support.....

Member #155 on PBN
Old 12-30-2003, 08:52 AM #18
JAM ENTERPRISES

yes, yours is an evolution length bolt and we have them but we do not make a vertical pin style.
and as for the finger test, we do it all day long at shows/events in full auto (i have a board in my uprisisng that does full auto)
Old 12-30-2003, 09:09 AM #19
-=DFOX=-
Border Bandit

-=DFOX=- is a Supporting Member
Dang it, Now I gotta get me one
Old 12-30-2003, 10:03 AM #20
Bimmer323is

Quote:
Originally posted by smasher41
bimmer, dont rythm bodies use vertical pull pins? if so i dunno if JAm makes one with vertical pin support.....
check out the rhythm pic in my signiture. the p-block has pin holes at the top, left, and right. so i think i can do all. what kind of pin is it? better yet, is there a website that has detailed pic? i applogize if this has been asked and answered already.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:30 PM #21
JAM ENTERPRISES

it takes either a push or a pull pin.
www.apbbolts.com
we are redoing the site as it is badly outdated.