PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2012, 08:05 AM #22
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Looking for that moment in the midst of an adrenaline rush where I don't have a care in the world but for surviving in that particular moment. I search for intensity and challenge, because I don't see it anywhere else in normal civilian life. If only to artificially think I am fulfilling something meaningful, a test of character and fortitude.

But once I realize that I'm just wasting my money it becomes a waste of time. I guess it would be like drugs if I was a user. People say I have these bored killer eyes, I believe because my thrills have been so intense that nothing seems to stimulate me in the normal day to day grind.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 PM #23
paintballaddict80

paintballaddict80 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballaddict80 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionPB02
You can just forget your life for a moment, spend time with your boys, this new family that you have become a part of. Playing not just for yourself but them too, and when your standing there screaming, one among ten, you remember why you play this sport, you get to live as loud as you want for just a brief period of time.
-Matty Marshal. Let's give credit where it's due.

"Iíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ĖMichael Jordan
paintballaddict80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:02 PM #24
pmflexxx
You best not miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Carter View Post
The feeling you get when you watch your paint break on someone.

This, the rush you get at the break, and the competition. I'm a hugely competitive person and this sport fits perfectly with it. Plus trying to keep track of your opponents and anticipate their moves provides an awesome mental challenge.

And yes the startup costs are steep but when I compare bang to buck versus skiing or snowboarding it's much cheaper in the long run.
pmflexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 AM #25
Government

It's good practice for some of us. Though some of you see the game aspect of it, it can be and is good tactical practice. Good to know new body positions, in different environments and with different attitudes. Paintballers are a ton of fun as a whole, IMO that is. So if you get the benefit of applicable training and good company... sounds like a good time, worth every penny.
Government is offline   Reply With Quote