Community Focus

Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM #1
mr34727

mr34727 is playing at Living Legends VII
mr34727 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mr34727 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mr34727 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Feedback Guidance

Hello there, my name is Max. I am writing here with a question regarding feedback, and what the appropriate course of action should be.

I recently contacted a member here through craigslist, and bought a gun package. I was told everything worked perfectly. Upon closer inspection, I found several issues with the loader and pods, but figured I would let it slide.

I went to the field yesterday to air up the tank, and they told me it had a leak. He told me to dip the reg in water to see where it was coming from. I found that it was coming from the relief hole in the side. For reference, I did not connect the tank to the gun. I contacted the member on here to see if he could swap the tank with another one, or help me get it fixed.

I was told that he would not work with me on it, it was a done deal.

Now, I hesitate to leave feedback here since our initial contact was through email, not the board. Even should this be ok, I worry about undeserved retaliatory feedback.

Since he has an active thread on here with several high end items, I do not want to blow it off, for fear that someone else will be mistreated as well.

My question is, what is the appropriate way to communicate this misconduct to the forum community, to warn them in future dealings with this person?

Thank you for your time,
Max
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM #2
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
I'm sorry, but you cannot leave feedback on PbN for a deal that was done through craigslist. Your best option is to keep talking to him/her politely and try to reach a resolution both of you are happy with.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM #3
mr34727

I understand that this is the case. The problem is, the person dismisses the leak (claiming that losing 750 psi overnight is not a big deal) and staunch on the position of "too bad".

It is not an issue of resolving this matter, but since it is now known how this seller operates, how do we keep our community safe? I would hate for someone to buy a top dollar gun and get ripped off. Many members here are just kids, saving their money and spending it all on one of these big purchases.

Edit: I should say "...and is staunch..."
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM #4
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
Our feedback system is only for deals that happened on PbNation. Is the same thing if you found him on ebay. Would ebay allow you to leave him negative feedback for a craigslist purchase? No, they would not. I understand it can be frustrating, but leaving him feedback here for a deal that happened somewhere else is not appropriate.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM #5
mr34727

I understand the relation you are making, maybe I did not provide enough information. The same ad was run in both places, I just responded to the direct email first. The resolution has been 'handled' all on here. I don't want to post the users name just yet- I would want the benefit of the doubt if the tables were reversed.

From your point of view- how should this be handled? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Is a tank with a leak usually considered to be in working condition since it can still shoot? Maybe I am asking too much here.

Thanks!
Max
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 PM #6
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
I understand what you are saying. He had the item(s) listed on both locations, but you contacted him through his craigslist ad. I sympathize with you that you ran into a problem, but you cannot leave feedback here on PbN for the deal.

A normal tank should not leak. You are correct in thinking that. Beyond that, it is really up to you two to work out. Try reaching a compromise with the seller. We cannot mediate this deal for you.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM #7
mr34727

Yes, and I understand you cannot do anything for me. Really I was just asking for an opinion regarding what a good tank should mean.

I guess I need to cut my losses, as it seems he is no longer responding, despite my pleading.

I do truly hope nobody else runs into problems. I remember before I had a real job how much I would save my pennies for new paintball stuff :-)

Anyway, thank you very much. If you have any further ideas for me, or know where I can go for this regulator issue, I would be very grateful. Thanks! Max
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 PM #8
mr34727

To wrap this up, the guy stopped responding all together.

I found a used reg on the forums, and will be going that route for replacement (fire dept).

Anyway, thanks for the help, and have a good weekend!