Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM #22
PreacherMan

I have been shooting Nelson paints at my field for about a year now and I am very impressed.
Hot Shot: reclaimed shell but the quality is great, just got a batch and it breaks when dropped from my waist everytime. The fill is okay but for practice or field paint great.

Nel-Splat: Love it, I say that it compares to Empire Premium maybe even a little better. The yellow fill is bright and the blue fill is bright, the orange fill is kind of dull. Overall never been disappointed in one year and we have shot over 150 cases.

Anarchy: very good, bright and brittle. wish it was the Anarchy of early 2000s when it was like cake icing and bright like Orange Hellfire and Ultra Evil. runs a little small about 0.685 to 0.687 dia. great paint.

I would like to say that I have shot Kee paint for many years and their paint is still very good but if you have the chance to try Nelson give it a try, I love it.

Preacherman
PreacherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:06 AM #23
cmdrsuds

Awesome review! REALLY itching to shoot this stuff
Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 AM #24
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

has been a member for 10 years
Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Two weekends down, another two cases that I personally shot and no breaks in the gun, so the count is for me is 5 cases and still not one break, and that this weekend was shooting mainly out of my Vicious ego 07 with a prophacy loader with everything shooting as fast as possible.

This weekend I sized the paint in my .689 back and all day it flew smooth out of it. I was shooting Fury and Turmoil and both sized same with one being a little bigger than the other so when I switched between brands one was a little tighter in the chrono. I was shooting 285-287 average fps which is pretty tight with a stock regulator. I'm used to getting that with my sidewinder or 2ltr reg, but was getting that with stock reg on the ego.

It was interesting, there was a tournament going on at the fieldand they were using a mix of Valken and spectrum at the event. This gave me a good chance to see the valken in action. They were using Crusade and Grafiti and the people I talked to think that it shot good, but the fills were nothing to be impressed about. The streams that I watched, (looking down the stream from outside the net) I would say that the average spread for someone shooting a lane was about 3 feet left or right , definitely not as tight as a stream from the paint I was shooting. (about 1 foot spread at equal distance)

I continue to be impressed by Nelson Paintballs.. Shoot some you will too

Last edited by Brad- Division : 04-23-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Brad- Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 AM #25
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreacherMan View Post
I have been shooting Nelson paints at my field for about a year now and I am very impressed.
Hot Shot: reclaimed shell but the quality is great, just got a batch and it breaks when dropped from my waist everytime. The fill is okay but for practice or field paint great.

Nel-Splat: Love it, I say that it compares to Empire Premium maybe even a little better. The yellow fill is bright and the blue fill is bright, the orange fill is kind of dull. Overall never been disappointed in one year and we have shot over 150 cases.

Anarchy: very good, bright and brittle. wish it was the Anarchy of early 2000s when it was like cake icing and bright like Orange Hellfire and Ultra Evil. runs a little small about 0.685 to 0.687 dia. great paint.

I would like to say that I have shot Kee paint for many years and their paint is still very good but if you have the chance to try Nelson give it a try, I love it.

Preacherman
Have you tried the Dread ? Or Special Forces ? Or Hemmorage ?

I'd be interested in your opinion on these
Old 05-22-2012, 01:05 AM #26
cmdrsuds

Got an opportunity to throw some of Nelson's Anarchy through my Karnivor last weekend and I was impressed to say the least. The first thing that caught my eye was the larger bore of the paint and how consistent they were in their bore size. No 1/5 balls boring out to a larger bore and/ or finding that tinny paintball in every handful or so. This stuff is quality. Putting them through my .691 Kaner back all 20 balls rolled right though. I stepped down to the .689 and to my surprise every single one caught inside the barrel giving me a match. Paint that large is rare today and being a cocker owner it can be a pain preventing roll outs with the other brands. Personally, I like to under bore so I used a .684 back and as you might have guessed after reading prior posts NOT ONE BREAK! Keep in mind this is tournament grade paint, its brittle stuff.

As for how it shot.. well... pretty d*** good! I was able to chrono 6-7 shots between 293-298 with the majority(4-5) being 295 expecting to see at least one shot going hot but it never came.

On the field it was a dream to shoot. It gave me a nice, tight, visible rope of silver shelled paint when laning. Didn't see any bounces either, this stuff was nice and brittle breaking on soft parts of the body from the full length of the field.

To wrap it up this stuff is everything you would expect out of a top notch ball. Nelson may not be as popular as they once were but they still deliver, not only on the quality but the price as well. I recommend that anyone reading this pick up a case.. or 10 you won't be disappointed.

Next up: Special Forces
Old 06-10-2012, 07:46 PM #27
Mini_Legg_Parker
Hollywood Hitmen

Mini_Legg_Parker is playing at Living Legends V
Mini_Legg_Parker is playing at Living Legends VI
Mini_Legg_Parker supports Team VICIOUS
Mini_Legg_Parker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Mini_Legg_Parker is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad- Division View Post
I'll find out this weekend, at least on the Nelson Paint

Plus it is supposed to be on the cool side

Low, 50's

We will see if that has any affect
Its hot,humid, and hot here. I wonder if this would have a good,bad,or any effect at all? And this is a excellent review, Thank you
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3812026
Scared to trade your gun on PbNation?? Look here for security!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2860974
Mini_Legg_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM #28
WhiteStripes
Read the Stickies

Annual Supporting Member
WhiteStripes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes supports Empire
Dread isn't even listed on Nelson's site anymore, is it still in production?
WhiteStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:38 PM #29
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStripes View Post
Dread isn't even listed on Nelson's site anymore, is it still in production?
Yes, yes it is... It's a field paint by what I am told so retail sales would not
Be looked on as good, I imagine
Old 06-19-2012, 05:54 PM #30
nboyy11

nboyy11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nboyy11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
it is amazing paint especially at the price there higher end paints are just as good as marballizer
nboyy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:55 PM #31
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nboyy11 View Post
it is amazing paint especially at the price there higher end paints are just as good as marballizer
What paint were you shooting? I personally think that Anarchy & Special forces
Outperform marbs... But my Opionion.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:17 AM #32
sir bonusball

sir bonusball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sir bonusball supports Team VICIOUS
sir bonusball supports Team VICIOUS
sir bonusball has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sir bonusball is attending Decay of Nations VI
i absolutly love nelson, even the hotspot ("lowest" quality) is amazing. normally i use hotspot for practice and nel-splat (i think) for games. two days ago, i had some fresh evil and some fresh nel-splat and did a little test...

results:
nel-splat is overall a lower quality but is a better buy than normal evil, the shell on evil is more brittle but personally, i like the shell not to be as brittle as evil as i use a 05 ego which isnt the softest on paint =(. the fill is around the same on both, evil being a bit thicker. nel-splat is pretty much flawless, only having a couple dimpled balls a case, where as evil had notacibly more. also, i kept each in a pod for about four days (this was a while ago) that was exposed to open air, when i took it out to look at it, the evil was softer than nel-splat and shot less consistantly over a chrono and was all over the place in terms of accuracy...

that was just what i have gathered from using nelson, for me it is a better buy than any other paint because of quality and how it shoots....
Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM #33
joker12187
Axis

joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 is playing at Living Legends VII
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Our field uses hotspot, and its some of the best field paint iv shot

2013 Axis Red MiLP D5 3rd Place Overall
2013 Downfall World Cup D5 7th Place
2014 Axis MiLP D4

Eflex - Bring i4's Dyecam or Lime

Gearbag Sale -2013 Eclipse Gear - Valken Pants - Eclipse Gearbag FS ONLY!

middletennesseepaintball.com
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 AM #34
tdbeez

ive been playing since around 1990. the last time i shot Nelson was around 2003-2004 and it was Anarchy Fury. it shot very good and had a bright fill, broke very good. the fill was not as thick or as bright as Ultra Evil or Hellfire paint of that time(note- the Ultra Evil and Hellfire is not as thick now as they were then). i shot Nelson white box (usually magenta shell-magenta fill) for practice while i played for Team Extreme out of Atlanta. i chose it over the RP Scherer premium field paint because it was cheaper and it was almost as accurate, but the fill was much better than the RP. I have had some crap cases of HotShot but ive had crap cases of Hellfire also. Nelson paint has been a pretty good performer for me throughout the years.

Brad -- the original Ultimate Chronic was a goldish-bronze ball with n unbelievable thick and viscous pink fill. I and my teammates bought a couple of cases when we were at Cup and brought it back and won a tournament with it the next week. i shot a guy in the center of his goggles and the paint totally wrapped around his entire lenses. left to right, top to bottom. one ball. that stuff was so frikkin good. the Ultimate chronic you are talking about was good paint too, but it was after they outlawed that other pink at tourneys.
04 Gen 2 Freestyle NOX
09 ECLIPSE EGO , blacked out
09 INVERT MINI, steel blue
tdbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM #35
Nofriends
Its a CLOTHING CO!!!

Ive been bringing Nelson into the store for the last year or so. At first I couldnt get people to touch it. Fast forward to the last few months, I have brought everything in from Valken, PWI, RPS, and now I have people calling and asking if we have any Anarchy in...

Its been extremely consistent for us. Next skid will be Nelson again. I agree to what has been said, its definitely not as thick as it used to be but still fantastic all around.

Broke some and put them in bags, they were hanging for a day (about 24 hours)

Nofriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 AM #36
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

I have found that the white anarchy ( turmoil ) is the thickest

Also the Blue fill Anarchy is pretty thick still,

Ive talked to Nelson about making a = super thick fill

But they are not convinced the desire is there, I sure would like Anarchy to be the toothpaste fill it was in the early 2000's

Am I the only one ?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:27 AM #37
Nofriends
Its a CLOTHING CO!!!

Brad, I'd be willing to talk to them about thicker fill, maybe we can get them to do a run for us with the toothpaste fill.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:19 AM #38
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofriends View Post
Brad, I'd be willing to talk to them about thicker fill, maybe we can get them to do a run for us with the toothpaste fill.
I've talked to them, gave them formula suggestions. I know the run requirements all that... The hard part is deciding on color combos, shell & fill and maybe even scent ?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:23 PM #39
Nofriends
Its a CLOTHING CO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad- Division View Post
I've talked to them, gave them formula suggestions. I know the run requirements all that... The hard part is deciding on color combos, shell & fill and maybe even scent ?

I totally agree. Shell color isnt as important. Id do pink fill but one of the local fields doesnt allow pink. Blue is awesome since its unique. Im all for scented as long as it doesnt hurt the quality.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:43 AM #40
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofriends View Post
I totally agree. Shell color isnt as important. Id do pink fill but one of the local fields doesnt allow pink. Blue is awesome since its unique. Im all for scented as long as it doesnt hurt the quality.
We can shoot what we want at our fields of choice, but I've always wanted my own "Ball" how much paint do you go through in a few months ? I could do a skid probably, and get with me on some ideas via PM

We'll see what happens, but its a good start!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 PM #41
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
I have been shooting Nelson paint since the 1990's (when it could be found)

I recently started stocking it in my store, and have had nothing but positive reviews from the players and it has worked wonderfully in every marker from cockers and mags to my ego 11. I too miss the toothpaste anarchy of the late 90s early 00s but they are still putting out an excellent ball and are more consistent than every other manufacturer I have used. I spoke with them at paintball explosion and their approach to quality is refreshing. It is also nice to shoot a ball that is made In the US for a change.

And a little backyard breakage
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:35 AM #42
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Well some of the Anarchy balls are thicker than others...

We will be Returning to Nelson Paint for the 2014 season and couldn’t be more excited