Old 04-08-2012, 01:57 PM #1
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter

TimmyTyrant is for the Gunfight
TimmyTyrant plays in the APPA D5 division
TimmyTyrant has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TimmyTyrant supports DLX Technology
are they worth the money?!?!

If i bouggt one of these it would be new from palmers, are they worth the money?

Snake Slammer

If you don't look like you're are going to spread your wings and fly, you're doing it wrong
TimmyTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:46 PM #2
thats_fantastic
‼=/= !! ‼!!

thats_fantastic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It depends on how much money you have and how much you value quality.
thats_fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM #3
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yes, and no. What are you looking to get?
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM #4
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter

Pump gun single barrel

Snake Slammer

If you don't look like you're are going to spread your wings and fly, you're doing it wrong
Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM #5
Open_Truth (Banned)

As in a Painter or a Super Stocker? Or Pyre? Plus, you could always get a Typhoon or Blazer as a pump. So...?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:06 PM #6
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter

Give me an opinion on all of them

Snake Slammer

Old 04-14-2012, 03:59 PM #7
Open_Truth (Banned)

The only one that I can give you an opinion on, based upon what I have used, is the Super Stocker. Our family has two Blazers, one Squall, and one Typhoon. So, based upon that...

I love the Super Stocker. It has one flaw to it, and that is that the pump arm and the back of the bolt work, but the arm comes out from time to time. I aught to send it back to Palmers to get it updated and probably tuned, but that is a bit of a costly venture. Seems to be an average of around $150. Granted, you don't have to do that often mind you. But it shoots rather nicely, and has both a really good feel to it, as well as it operates very nicely.

From the end of the semi's, my wife tried a Blazer, which I had originally intended to flip. Well, she liked it enough that I kept it for her. It was the smoothest mechanical semi that she had shot. Not that she had shot alot of them. I picked one up, had to do quite a bit of cleaning to it, as well as a bit of maintenance to it, and it is pretty nice. Although I plan on selling my Blazer. The Squall was something that I wanted, and understand, it's heavy compared to most other pistols, as well as it could be a bit more air efficient. I get a 12 gram for 10 rounds. It isn't fast, it could be more air efficient, but it has a feel that nothing else comes close to. Actually, it is a bit heavy, but this is one of those cases where looks come into play. It still performs quite nicely. The Typhoon is a special case for me. It turns out that it was sent to Palmers as a PMI 1, and modded to be a Typhoon. Well, according to Palmers, it was supposed to be a Hurricane, that was turned into a Typhoon. The difference between the Hurricane and the Typhoon is that the Hurricane has a wood stock, the Typhoon has a Sheridan style piston grip.

Now, based upon what I have seen, and what I have read, here is what I can offer. If you want a wood rifle like stock, you want a Painter. If you want a more pistol like stock class marker, you want a Super Stocker. If you can find a Pug, then it is going to be even more pistol like. Unfortunately, I can't really say much about a Pyre. I don't know much more about them other than they are the most recent pump that Palmers makes/made (Not sure if they are still making them or not), and some people seem to really like them.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM #8
TimmyTyrant
Rope Spitter

If only more people answered my question on here like you just did, I wouldn't be as ignorant lol thank you palmers should pay you for an indoors meant cuz when I save enough ima buy a painter

Snake Slammer

Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 AM #9
Open_Truth (Banned)

Honestly, if you head over to MCB, there is alot more activity, and knowledge, of Palmers over there. You can't go wrong checking it out. And you will find quite a bit more of them for sale over there, as that is more of the audience to appreciate and own Palmers goodness.