PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM #1
jobs15

Gorilla air valve/asa problem

Hey guys, i recently bought a 48/45 Gorilla tank and new on off asa...my

problem is that when i turn off the asa the tank is stuck, and when I try to twist

it off, all it dose is twist off the valve from the tank, not the the valve from the

asa. my friends tell me to put lock tight on the valve and and the twist it off, but

if i want to replace the the valve in the future, i cant.....i know this could be

problem with my asa because its new, and i should have lubed it before I put the

tank on. Any suggestion?
jobs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 AM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Drain your tank of air first and foremost. If you have to remove the cylinder at that point then do so very carefully but only after you are sure it's empty.
You can then try to remove the valve from there. It may have cross threaded in the asa, the threads may have gauled, or it could just be the threading of the asa and tank threads were off just enough to bind them.
Unfortunately with certain asa's that are made over seas they try to cover a wide tolerance area and sometimes run the threading on the high side of the tolerance. This can cause issues with certain tank threads. If you can remove it without damaging the asa or regulator, fantastic. If you're having issue still you may want to see what either GA can do or your local shop. It may involve ruining the asa or reg though in a worst case scenario as I don't believe you can free the threading of the Myth reg without having access to the top of it.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0

Last edited by Tabris17 : 04-08-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 AM #3
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Typically loctite is used on tank regulators. To remove it all it takes is some heat and a vice. Any shop or store should be able to glue it down ad remove It in the future if you want to.

Like Tabris said, you can do this yourself or you can take it to a shop to do, empty the tank fully. To check when you think it is fully empty take an Allen key and try to depress the fill nipple pin. If it depresses with no air escaping it is empty. Remove the tank once you know it is fully empty. Then try removing the regulator. It may be a bad seal but also may be cross threaded on. Best way to always screw something on is line it up, do a half or full turn backwards then go forwards.

And what were you saying about putting oil on?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:41 AM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
GA doesn't use loctite on their systems from what I recall. I actually make it a practice when I get a tank, new or used, to try and and unscrew the reg by hand just to see how torqued down it is. You'll be surprised with certain systems what isn't actually secured properly to the cylinder.
He meant lubing the tank threads so they screw in easier, nothing about oil.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 PM #5
jobs15

Thanks guys, ill try all of these things. Like you said if anything ill go down to my local shop and see what they can do about. I don't want to force it because I'm pretty sure the threads are off and if i force it, in sure it will mess the threads up on the reg.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 PM #6
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
Is this the G2 reg by any chance? Best case if the reg threads are ruined you can simply replace the threaded bonnet instead of the whole regulator.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 PM #7
jobs15

its a myth reg and yeah if this dosnt work im goin to hit GA for a new one