bhotz
Challenge Accepted.

bhotz is playing at Living Legends VI
bhotz supports Pev's Paintball
bhotz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bhotz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Info on the 2012 Spyder Fenix

Hey guys,
Just had to pick up a spyder fenix because my bob long broke . Didn't wanna run my wallet so just got this, seemed cool for a spyder. Can you guys give me some info about it and how it stacks up against other markers
Thanks
Eflex
bhotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2012, 02:57 AM #2
daewootech

daewootech has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
daewootech has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I just got mine as an early birthday present for my self and played about 8 games (~16 rounds of play) this last sat, the gun felt great, shot fast, handled well but on my last game I noticed the handle was separating from the gun, I could see through the gun in the middle because of the gap was so big. Turns out 1 of the 2 screws holding the handle on fell out, and about 3 games in I noticed my ASA loosening where I could feel my co2 bottle wiggle back and forth. The ASA also came loose on my MRX. I would go through and tighten all the screws or at least check them. I'm gonna ask my local paintball buy which parts I can use loctite on.

The psp mode was wired for me, one press of trigger yielded like 13 balls at once, it almost felt like it was stuck shooting for a second. I didn't even hold the trigger down, it just started shooting.

As for other guns I only have experience with spyder semi auto clones, tippman 98/a5's, a spyder mr100 and a rap4 tornado.

I say it seems to shoot a lot smoother and with less recoil than the tornado, faster as well, my friends tornado chopped all kinds of balls, I shot about 1000-1500 balls when I went out and didn't jam or chop once, I kept having jams when I went out with my MRX.

The e-frame is so much easier to turn on and off and change modes than my brothers A5 E-grip and that e-grip is almost the same price as this gun!

I say overall fantastic for the price, but I still wonder if I should have spent the extra for the dye rail. The guy at the shop was trying to convince me to get the mini but for $50 less I got the fenix, a halo loader and a 2000 case of balls
daewootech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 PM #3
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daewootech View Post
I just got mine as an early birthday present for my self and played about 8 games (~16 rounds of play) this last sat, the gun felt great, shot fast, handled well but on my last game I noticed the handle was separating from the gun, I could see through the gun in the middle because of the gap was so big. Turns out 1 of the 2 screws holding the handle on fell out, and about 3 games in I noticed my ASA loosening where I could feel my co2 bottle wiggle back and forth. The ASA also came loose on my MRX. I would go through and tighten all the screws or at least check them. I'm gonna ask my local paintball buy which parts I can use loctite on.

The psp mode was wired for me, one press of trigger yielded like 13 balls at once, it almost felt like it was stuck shooting for a second. I didn't even hold the trigger down, it just started shooting.

As for other guns I only have experience with spyder semi auto clones, tippman 98/a5's, a spyder mr100 and a rap4 tornado.

I say it seems to shoot a lot smoother and with less recoil than the tornado, faster as well, my friends tornado chopped all kinds of balls, I shot about 1000-1500 balls when I went out and didn't jam or chop once, I kept having jams when I went out with my MRX.

The e-frame is so much easier to turn on and off and change modes than my brothers A5 E-grip and that e-grip is almost the same price as this gun!

I say overall fantastic for the price, but I still wonder if I should have spent the extra for the dye rail. The guy at the shop was trying to convince me to get the mini but for $50 less I got the fenix, a halo loader and a 2000 case of balls
I find the Fenix does best with HPA vs CO2 even though they say its rated for it.
Most of my Kingmann markers to date have shipped with the screws a little loose on everything, I think they do this intentionally to make it safer to ship them (something rigid is easier to break). So I always check on new markers and tighten em up as needed.

The Fenix itself? Shooting midgrade Paint (Inka Silver) I've put 9 cases through it now, and have yet to actually chop something. Most of the time I play it on Semi (Only because I really like the adjustable trigger and making my best effort at BPS on semi), but the Ramping modes are nice to have in a pinch.
Its recoil is a lot more supressed than say that of my MR100 Pro (which just loves to jump).
For an entry level Emarker, its great.

-Wolf
I have done my time in hell"

"A Veteran is someone who at some point wrote a blank cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life' "
Wolfrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:20 AM #4
Herpaderpsnipewipe

Herpaderpsnipewipe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I find the Fenix does best with HPA vs CO2 even though they say its rated for it.
Most of my Kingmann markers to date have shipped with the screws a little loose on everything, I think they do this intentionally to make it safer to ship them (something rigid is easier to break). So I always check on new markers and tighten em up as needed.
I completely agree, I shot about 2 cases through my 2012 Fenix using C02 and blew out nearly every 0-ring in the gun. So I changed all of them, went out, spent $40 on a 3000 psi hpa tank and about 5000 shots later I've yet to chop any paint or break any 0-rings. I love the gun, for the price, but you get what get what you paid for, yk?
Herpaderpsnipewipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM #5
daewootech

daewootech has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
daewootech has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm having no trouble at all with co2 as of yet, I'm looking into a HPA however just because like the hopper it's universal and I can take it to any new gun I fig it might be a good idea to spend more, but I'm not sure if something like a 48/3000 might just be enough to do the job or if I should do something along the line of a 68/3000 or even jump to a 48/4500 cf?

What kind of efficiency are you guys getting from your tanks? And what kind of tanks? I have yet to run out of air fully because I usually play half the day with a 20oz co2 and swap to another 20oz co2, and shoot usually a whole case between the both easily with air to spare, I assume with a 48/3000 the Eko valve isn't quite getting the 1600 shots they promised but it's gotta be hopefully in the 1000 range? Hopefully? You tell me.

Check my videos
http://www.youtube.com/daewootech
daewootech is offline   Reply With Quote